Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions: Broken Circle ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reviewer Acknowledgement:

Nellie - Ah, don't worry if you don't understand much right now. I'm sure you'll get it later on.

icko14 - Oh my god! I think I've got a constant reviewer!! YIPPE!! *HUGS!!* And The flashback? It's a bit complicated and don't worry, you're not suppose to get it. not yet anyways. ^_~.

kimi-chan - Hi! I got your email, can you guess which one is you when you come on?

super rookie - Eee!! I'm so happy i have so many people liking and reviewing my fic! Thanks for the compliment!

fehrocious - Thanks, I try my best! Ah, aren't we all in love with him? ^_^

amyza - Aa, the last chapter was a bit sad wasn't it? I seem to be on angst mode...so I'll warn ya, this chapter is even more sad than the last.

Han - Wow, I didn't think it was really that sad...well maybe it was but um...*sweatdrops* k, you think maybe I should put a tissue warning on the summery?

Chapter Three


" Hello, my name's Eisei. Nice to meet you."

" Name's Kiboo Sani. Nice to meet you too."

" I'm new here, I hope you don't mind if I tag along with you for a while...?"

" Sure, there's no problem."

" Thanks."

" Don't mention it."

~*~*~*~*~

Eisei leaned back onto the doorframe of the gym, her body loose and the school bag almost falling from her limps hand. Her soft brown eyes were drowning in several emotions at once and her whole face was dragged down in a tired expression. Though she had just come from Phys Ed., she knew it was not the reason for her exhaustion. This weariness was not from the body, it was from the mind.

Staring into the gym and the students inside it right now, she couldn't help but avert her eyes. There was something there she didn't want to see, but at the same time wanted to be near. She closed her eyes with a weary exhaustion and breathed out a silent breath before setting out to leave.

" Eisei-san?"

She blinked and turned at the voice.

" Eisei-san, it is you!" Haruko exclaimed.

" Haruko-san." She replied, " Good afternoon."

" What are you doing here at the gym after school Eisei-san?" Haruko asked glancing into the building, " Come to watch the basketball team practice?"

Her grip on her school bag tightened. " Not really," she said lofty, " and I was just leaving. Ja ne Haruko-san."

" Uh, matte yo Eisei-san!" Haruko cried after the jogging figure of the girl before she could turn the corner.

" Nani?" Eisei questioned turning around on the spot but not coming back.

" I heard you guys got assigned partners for a project in geography and um...I was wondering..."

" Hai?" she prompted.

Haruko blushed. " Who is Rukawa-kun's partner?"

Eisei froze for a second, but then proceeded accordingly, her voice the same as it was before. " Oh Rukawa-kun's partner? That's me."

" You?" Haruko said blankly, blinked, then smiled. " Oh, okay...I was just um...wondering you know."

" Haaaiiii." She drawled out teasingly and turned the corner.

" I was!" Haruko shouted out to where she had been, her cheeks still red. " I was." She finished feebly.

~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side of the wall, Eisei picked up her pace from walking to speed walking, bouncing footsteps, jog, run, and then finally, dash. She zoomed right out of the schoolyard, past the cherry trees, out the gates, and down the street.

I was just wondering...who is Rukawa-kun's partner?

Oh Rukawa-kun's partner? That's me.

Rukawa-kun's partner? That's me.

That's me.

That's me.

That's me...

Rukawa-kun's partner? That's me.

That's
me.

{Dammit. Make it stop. Make it stop. I don't want to hear it. I don't want it to be true. Somebody make it stop. STOP!! It's not true, it's not true, its not true, it'snottrue,it'snottrue! NO...}

Oh Rukawa-kun's partner? That's me.

{No...}

You're running again...

{no...}

Slowly, a tear slid down her cheek.

~ + ~

" Have you heard? Have you heard?"

" What what?"

" Rukawa-kun's class got assigned partners for a project!"

" Wa! Really?"

" Yeah! And I heard his partner is a girl!"

" What?! No!"

" I know!"

" Will you two stop talking?!"

" Sempai! Gomen. We were just-"

" Sempai! Can you believe it? Rukawa-kun's permanent partner for a project is a girl!"

" So?"

" So! His partner is a girl! She'll try to steal him away from us!"

" His partner is Eisei-san."

" Oh..."

~ + ~

She approached the swings of the empty night park with a steady pace, still in her school uniform but uncaring of that fact. Placing her school bag next to the pole, she settled herself onto the empty swing and encircling the metals bars at the side with her arms, she moved and rested her hands on her lap. She let her legs dangle in the air off the ground and was unmoved as the night was filled with her swing's protesting squeaks to her weight as well.

" I thought I would find you here."

" ..."

" ..."

" This is where we first met."

" Yeah, brings back memories doesn't it?"

" Any one in particular?"

" The first time we met."

" Oh, you mean when I asked if I could follow you around?"

" Yeah. That's the one."

She pushed the swing to move. " It's a nice memory."

" Yeah, but inaccurate isn't it? I ended up following you around instead."

She gained a bit of height and stretched her legs up front to go higher. " Nothing wrong with that."

" You're a magnetic person, people are naturally attracted to you."

She bent her knees and recoiled from the swing. " But sometimes I wish they weren't."

" Feeling shy?"

Swing forth.

"...Maybe."

Swing back.

" Amazing."

Swing forth.

" Not really. It isn't really a big transition from being reserved to being shy."

Swing back.

" You reserved? You talk all the time."

Swing forth.

" Yeah, but does that make me any less reserved of a person?"

Swing back.

" You never talk about yourself."

Swing forth.

" Yeah."

She came to an abrupt stop. " When did our friendship change so much?"

" You know when."

" I guess going to that party was a mistake huh?"

" ..."

" But I wonder sometimes, who was the one at fault that night. Me or Rukawa..."

She was quiet.

" Ah well, I got to go now. It's getting late. I'll see you tomorrow at school." With that she got up from her swing, picked up her bag and took off.

Leaving behind a still motionless figure on the otherwise empty night park swings, to stare down at the sandy ground that its toes barely grazed. " You didn't have to say it." She rasped, " You didn't have to speak my part of the conversation as well." A tear slowly slid its way down Sani's cheek. " Sei-chan."

She didn't know what she found, but it made her run away.

Away.

Far away.

And to never stop running.

********
Hiasobi: Another chapter!! O_O, I'm updating this fic more then I ever did my other ones. *lol* Please Review!

And I'm still looking for a few more characters...so, send emails to yoakenomyoujou@hotmail.com if you want to be part of this fic! Also I'm short on extras, so if you see yourself appearing for a short amount of time, please don't mind it.