Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions: Broken Circle ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reviewer Acknowledgement:

icko14 - I love that you're loving it! And there's more things to come! Love lifes are never easy are they? -_-, How is a teen to cope to such things?

Amyza - Thanks I will. Hope you like this chapter.

Han - Yup. Aa...maybe...kinda...-_-'' I haven't really decided on that piont yet. There will be romance, just maybe not specifically between Rukawa and Eisei, I don't know how I'll be able to do that and keep him in character at the same time, but I'll try my best!

fehrocious - No more waiting, here the next update! Eisei is lucky ne? Partners with Rukawa...

E.C - : p, who says it's a must? If you keep reviewing, I'll keep writing, so its up to you!

Nellie - Chances are, you'll find something for you in the next few capters. ^_~.

Author's note: I know that I'm not really living up to teh romance in which the story is catagorized under....but I'm just tryig to build up the characters before I move on, but I'll try to fit some in soon.

Chapter Two


She didn't hate it. She didn't like it. She didn't love it.

Whatever she felt for it, them, him, was purely emotional, and there were no words in which she could use to describe her feelings.

A deep cut.

A shallow prick.

He was neither and both. She sighed. She had a knife stabbed in her heart, and the very hand that twisted it was her own.

Life was so complicated, and pain had always came with complications. She wondered how this had come to be for her.

~~~~~~~~

They stared up form the schoolyard underneath the cherry tree to the roof of the school, where she stood alone facing the sun, looking out to the distance. She was by herself as far as they could see and her hair was free from its bindings, blew softly in the wind with the shirttail and skirt of her uniform.

They couldn't see her eyes; she was but a figure in the distance. For now, she was distant from them, and only one among their group understood why.

Sani stared out at the figure with eyes full of sorrow.

" Why isn't she coming down?" Kara questioned, looking up to the roof. " Isn't she having lunch with us?"

Sani shook her head, " She'd prefer to be left alone right now."

" Why?" Misui asked blank face, "Did something happen or something?"

Sani looked to the unmoving figure on the rooftop. " Yeah. Probably."

Kara and Misui exchanged looks, " 'Probably'?"

Sani was quiet for a moment, but then spoke suddenly, her voice held carefully neutral. " Do you know when Eisei fell in love with him?"

Kara and Misui blinked, then hesitated a moment before shaking their heads slowly.

" It wasn't when she first saw him," Sani sighed out, " nor was it when she first saw him on the court. Do you know when she first fell in love with him? Do you?"

The two girls shook their heads negative again and traded uneasy looks with each other as they saw the angered expression of their friend's eyes.

" She told me," Sani said through clenched teeth, " I was there. She told me...it...it...it was-"

Kara and Misui traded alarm looks, as Sani's voice was enraged and passionate, and her eyes watery and overflowing with tears.

" God damn him." Sani whispered fiercely and swiped her arm across her face to destroy the trails of tears that ran down her face. " Damn him."

Without another word, Sani ran from the two, ignoring their cries of startlement and leaving them behind in confusion and distress.

~*~*~*~*~
Memories could be good and bad. We often remember important or relevant events in our lives, things that leave us with a big impression. But unluckily for us...it is the bad things we often remember, because it is those times that leave the biggest impressions with us, because it is in those times there is no hope or happiness, only pain and despair.

Memories are most often just nothing but long flashbacks, of past mistakes.
~*~*~*~*~

~ +Flashback+ ~

She saw the body, slumped back and weighing heavily on the ground in a shadowy corner of the hall. It laid slumped sitting on its legs and its long hair was free from its usual low ponytail, covering the face from the world as its head slouched forward.

She felt her heart constrict at the sight.

" Sei-chan!" she cried running over to the figure. " Sei-chan, talk to me! Are you alright?"

The figure blinked its eyes from underneath the curtain of hair and- " Ki-chan? Ki-chan is that you?"

She nodded to the wide-eyed face of her friend, yet she saw no acknowledgement of the confirmination of her identity to the girl. She searched her friend's eyes, which were wide, glazed in white, and pupils dilated. She looked like she was in shock.

" Sei-chan, what happened to you? Why do you look like this?" she questioned frantically, letting her eyes trail up and down her friend's body and noticed the state of her crumpled uniform." What are you doing here in the school so late?"

" I-I-I." Her friend opened and closed her mouth several times but unable to form more than one word, she closed it.

She saw her eyes drop down to her lap, and for the first time she saw the body laying next to her friend and the head pillowed softly on her friend's folded legs. She watched in animated shock as her friend ran soft caressing fingers tenderly through the head of hair. She blinked as she saw water droplets slowly land onto the skirt of the uniform, and the mop of messy black hair.

" I-I" her friend tried to speak again and has to swallow back a lump in her throat, " I think I'm in love with him too now Kiboo."

" What?!" She managed to gasp out.

" I-I don't know how it happened." Her friend's voice broke and her small petite form was racked in sobs. " I don't know how it happened Kiboo, nor do I know why. Except that he smiled at me. He smiled at me."

" Sei-chan." Kiboo rasped out, " Explain to me how this happened?"

" I-I don't know!" her friend cried, " They told me there was a party-and so I came-but-but I remembered I forgot to phone and tell my cousin where I was-he was suppose to pick me up after practice-and so I came out bu-but when I passed the guys changed room to get to the payphones-he came out and-and-"

" Sei-chan," she tried to sooth her friend, " calm down. Just calm down."

" I don't know what happened next!" she cried in distress, " He-he just suddenly smiled at me and I felt weird. Breathless, and there was like a overflowing in my heart or something, you know?"

Kiboo felt her throat tighten up.

" And the next thing I know-he-he pushed me up against the wall and-!"

Her friend stopped right there, curled her form down and -to her horror- hugged the boy close to her. She wrapped her hands around the boy's head and tucked it gently against her bosom.

And she for the first time noticed her friend's bruised lips.

She watched in sickened fascination as her friend slowly brushed the bangs away from the boy's closed eyes. She looked in horror at her friend's finger, which slowly traced a tender outline of the rough face and soft eyes slowly trickled over in feelings she dared not guess.

The quiet hummed in the air like a consistent buzz, not letting any noise into its presence and fighting off the silence that so desperately wanted to settle over them.

And Kiboo could do nothing but stare, as the quiet swallowed her heart whole.

" T-that was you're first kiss." Kiboo gasped out in realization. " You always wanted it to be something special. Something unique. Something you would cherish forever."

Kiboo grinded her teeth together in frustration as her friend closed her eyes and allowed herself only silent tears to fall.

" It was so important to you." She said, confused at the sight of her vision blurring " You wanted it to be of so much significance. You, one of the prettier girls of this school and the only girl who hadn't been kissed." Her voice cracked and she didn't understand why, " You, who put so much meaning into that one action we others never gave a first -never mind- second thought to."

She could no longer see any clear lines, and she looked to the place above her friend's head.

" You," her voice could no longer stay stable, " who made us all, think of what we had done, and regret our freely given, meaningless caresses of which we bestowed upon anyone. And made us promise ourselves, that for the single memory we did not have, you would receive to cherish."

" Please don't tell anyone."

" What!" she snapped her head down to stare incredulously at her.

" Please don't tell anyone." She repeated in the same whispery voice she had spoken in the first time.

Kiboo opened and closed her mouth several times, but yet was unable to produce any words to communicate her shock, anger, and confusion.

" He was drunk." Her friend continued ignoring her reaction, " It's not his fault."

Kiboo's jaw clenched and she stared down at her searchingly.

Her friend gazed up to her with pleading eyes, " Sani..."

She didn't know what she found, but whatever it was, it mad her turn sharply on her heel and run away. Away, far away, and to never stop running.

Maybe one day, she could run far enough from what she found and finally be able to hide.

~ +End Flashback+ ~

Eisei looked down to the field from her place on the rooftop, and felt a silence settle itself over her as she spied the moving figure of her friend.

{You're running again...}

She diverted her eyes away from the sight and felt the knife twist one more time. Her throat tightened and she found it hard to swallow. Looking back over to the figure of her friend, a heavy weight was suddenly felt on her shoulders, one she had ignored for far too long.

After that incident, their friendship had become constricted, words began to take on new meanings and feelings were hurt necessarily, until one day, it had become what it was now.

After that night, Sani had not asked for the details of what happened.

And she hadn't bothered to explain it.

She had put it off long enough, she would need to clear things up soon.

{Sani...} she thought staring down to the running figure off in the far distance, {Gomen ne. Gomen nasai.}

*******
Hiasobi: Yay! The next chapter's done and out finally! Please review everyone! And don't worry the plot line will show up eventually.

Oh, and is anyone interested in being a chracter of this fic? I'm running out of brain power, so if you're interested, please send a email to |yoakenomyoujou@hotmail.com| with the name, decription and attitude you would like of your inserted character.