Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Emotions: Broken Circle ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This next chapter is dedicated to all of you guys who reviewed!

fehrocious - Thanks for the review, you're my first reviewer for this ficcie. ^^. Anyhow, I'll try to correct the grammer mistakes but I make any promises.

Han & E.C & kimi123- Continuing! Continuing!

Super Rookie - Reviewing's a sport ya know...lol ^_~.

icko14 - Ahhhh!! Don't kill me! Don't kill me! I'm writing, me writing!

Dinette the lazy one. - Thanks. I don't realy like cliches that much either, and I always try to be original in my fics. Hope you like this chapter.

amyza - Hope I can meet your expectations nicely.

Carey-chan - I'll try to keep up the updates, but I'm not sure. With the end of the school year and all...

anode - Ah, true true. There does seem to be lots of yoai for Rukawa on the net isn't there?

To anyone one else who reviewed, if you weren't mention, you probably didn't hit the time I checked my fics...

Without farther adu, my next chapter!

Chapter One


It took him a few seconds of blinking drowsy down at her, before he finally registered what he was seeing, tensed up and immediately rolled off of her. By then her cheeks were painted red and only when she could sit up again, did she see that her friends were now running towards her and a crowd had gathered around them.

Most of the guys were snickering and throwing whistles but some of the girls, were glaring at her. She ignored them and took her friend's hand to pull herself up. She dusted off her skirt and nodded several times as her friends asked if she were okay.

" Sorry." She said in apology, her eyes locked on his shoes as she bowed. " I wasn't looking where I was going."

" ..."

She heard his silence and took it as his own apology as he moved up from the ground and went to pick up his bicycle. She heard his footsteps moving away from her, and she shrugged off the nonchalant attitude as his usual behavior and walked off with her friends coming after her, all looking after her in a bit of confusion.

" Rukawa-kun! Are you alright?"

" She didn't hurt you did she?"

" That bitch! Why didn't she watch where she was going?!"

She heard the shouts behind her, and apparently so did her friends, because they immediately stiffened.

" That's Rukawa?!" she heard one of her friends hiss out and she clenched her eyes shut closed.

" Misui," she whispered, " don't."

Her friend quieted down and they walked a short distance, as she counted the seconds before she knew she would started up again.

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One...

" Are you telling me that's the guy you're in love with?" Misui exploded, " He didn't even apologize for running you over! You could have been seriously injured! Or worse, killed!"

Shiro Misui had shoulder length black haired with light purple streaks she had got last weekend when they had went for hair cuts, clipped back with pins on the upsides of her ears, delicate cheekbones and - unusual for Asians - emerald green eyes. Misui was beautiful in the classical way of the westerns, as she was three quarters American.

" Misui! That's enough!" Kara told Misui.

Seimei Kara had chin length blonde hair - dyed -, a heart shaped face, petite nose and startling purple eyes that were real. Not your typical Asian, but then again, Kara was half Italian, so that explained it. Her looks made her very alluring to the guys.

" Stop what?" Misui bite back, " I'm just stating a fact! The guy's a jerk!"

" You guys! Stop fighting!" Sani pleaded them, casting a look in her direction.

Kiboo Sani was a pure Japanese with black hair that just reached the bottom of her nape, soulful dark blue eyes, clear pale skin and cherry lips that gave her the gorgeous looks guys looked for.

Misui and Kara followed Sani's gaze and they both instantly felt their hearts well up in guilt.

" I'm sorry Eisei."

And last of all her, Eisei, made up the finally member of their close knit-up group.

" It's okay." She said smiling at them, " It doesn't matter. Now come on, or we're going to be late."

" Look what you did!" Kara hissed to Misui.

" Me?! What about you?" Misui retorted.

" Guys!" Sani snapped at them.

" Sorry." They grumbled.

They walked in silence for a while again. Misui fidgeted with the strap of her school bag, and looked at Eisei out of the corner of her eye.

" Hey Eisei," she said, " Why do like that ass?"

Sani threw her hands up in the air in exasperation, " Don't you know when to stop digging?!"

" I'm just curious!" Misui defended herself.

" You can't really blame her Sani." Kara said a bit uncomfortably, shifting from foot to foot. " You've known Eisei since the first day of Jr. High, but we've just met her this year and found about this a few days…so it's just natural that we're a bit curious."

" Kara, you too?" Sani said incredulously.

Kara blushed, " Yeah but I didn't know how to bring it up, I'm not as blunt as Misui."

" It's okay Sani." Eisei said. " I don't mind."

" Misui has a good point, why do you like him Eisei?" Kara asked, " Sure he has his own fan club and he's good at basketball and he's good looking, but he's kind of mean don't you think? He never replies, sleeps during class, skips, and ignores everyone most of the time."

" I don't like him Kara." Eisei replied abruptly.

" That's crap ma chere." Misui retorted in a huff, " You avoid him like a plague, go to all those games just to stare at him, always sit at the opposite side of the class then him and your eyes when you look at him..." Misui rolled her own eyes, " don't try to deny it. Besides, you're the one that told us you loved him."

Eisei shook her head and did not reply; instead she just walked up to the school doors and went in, leaving Kara to stare after her forlornly, Misui in a huff and Sani looking at her back with pained eyes.

" Misui, you don't understand it yet, do you? Neither do you Kara." Sani half told and asked them.

" What do you mean Sani?" Kara asked, " Eisei loves him, isn't that all there is to it?"

Misui snorted, " Yeah just like the rest of the school's female population. Why doesn't she admit it? It's in her eyes whenever she looks at him, whether she knows it or not."

" What happens to her eyes when she looks at him?" Sani questioned them. " Do they turn to hearts?"

" No." Kara replied, " They glaze over."

" With emotions." Misui added.

" With love." Clarified Kara.

" With love," Sani agreed, " and pain."

" What?" Misui and Kara both blurted.

Sani gazed at them with wretched eyes, " There is something indefinitely sad about loving someone, and not wanting to."

Misui and Kara were silent as the words slowly sunk in, and they lowered their eyes to the ground as they for the first time, they truly understood where their friend was coming from.

" Come on." Sani chirped after a while, " We're going to be late."

~~~~~~~~

" The capital city of Canada is Ottawa, but the provinces have their own capitals as well. Now who can tell me..."

She tuned out the voice of her geography teacher and gazed out the window next to her seat, in the window row at the back of the room. {Am I really that transparent? Do my eyes really tell the whole world? Am I really like what Misui says I am? Does everyone know?} She turned her head around and gazed at the sleeping form at the other end of the row. {...Does he know?} She snorted softly at that thought {Yeah right, dream on girl. Like he'd noticed you from one of the other love-struck fans that follow him around.}

She shook her head and turned back to look to the window to the schoolyard, watching lazily, of the figures running outside across the field.

" Eisei-san!" the teacher barked.

She startled back to the present and looked to see Giuma-sensei standing in front of her desk.

" Can you tell me the capital city of Ontario?" he barked at her.

" Toronto." She answered in a monotone.

He glared at her, " Prince Edward Island?"

" Charlottetown."

" Manitoba?"

" Winnipeg."

" Quebec?"

" Quebec city."

The teacher muttered to himself as he gave her one final glare before going back to the front of the classroom.

" I am assigning you a project that's worth 10% of your total mark this term." The class groaned. Giuma-sensei narrowed his eyes at them. " You will be working with a partner-" The class erupted in noise, the guy chatting to each other and the girls giggling and looking towards the sleeping form at the shadowed corner, it got to the point that Giuma had to bang his meter stick on his desk three times to get everyone to quiet down. " That I will be picking. And I already picked the pairs and there will be no swapping partners."

The whole class groaned again, but there was nothing they could do. They all listened for their own names and hoped that the one attached to it was someone they could work with. As Giuma gradually descended down his list, people were paired off, some happy and some unhappy with their partners.

" Eisei." She looked up at her own name, " You will be working with Rukawa."

She was silent for a moment as all the girls glared at her and the remaining guys gave a sigh of relief, and looked at the sleeping figure of her partner.

Giuma looked smug, probably thought this was a good punishment for her earlier behavior, spacing out and then making him appear a fool by knowing all the answers. Probably thought that the girls resentment towards her having this particular partner would unnerve her, little did he know that it wouldn't be the girls -she didn't give a shit what they thought of her- that would be making her unhappy about having this particular partner, but the partner himself.

" Eisei-san?" Giuma said smugly as all the glares intensified pressure on her.

Her eyes dropped to her table and then she looked out to the schoolyard and gave a sigh. " Hai."

He nodded and all the students got out of their seats and walked towards their partner's. Eisei gathered her stuff and walked over to the table next to the sleeping student. She stared down at him for a while, not sure what to say or do about her predicament. After a short while of debating her options, she sighed and settled into the seat next to him, took out her textbook, and started to take notes.

Whatever her teacher thought of it, she just didn't feel up to receiving a punch to the gut right about now.

She chanced a glance to her sleeping partner, and had to blink back the burning sensation that suddenly appeared in the back of her eyes. She bit down on her trembling bottom lip and her vision of him slowly turned to blurs.

{I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.} She thought, and at the same time, wondered how it was possible for your mental voice to crack.

********
Hiasobi: Please review and I'm open to any suggestions you might have and would like to happen in this fic.