Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ lost and found ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2- the end of the match!
¡®Thud¡¯ as the ball landed upon the floor of the court, the whistle blew signaling the end of the match. The Shoyo basketball team and Shohoku team were engulfed in total silence. Eventually, both teams gathered around and stood in a straight line as they shook hands once again. The Shoyo team broke down in tears as this is the first time ever that they did not make it into the best four thus losing the chance to challenge against Kainan Dai.

10 minutes later in Shoyo¡¯s holding room¡­

The Shoyo players were sitting down patiently and waiting for Fujima Kenji final instruction to be dismissed for the day. However, they are getting restless. They¡¯ve been patiently waiting for 10 minutes but there¡¯s absolutely no reaction from their captain. Sensing their restlessness, Hanagata proceed towards Fujima trying to talk some sense into him; thinking that the latter is upset with the results.

¡Ne, Fujima!¡± Hanagata called out but to no avail. There¡¯s totally no reaction from their captain. Frustrated, Hanagata jabbed Fujima in the ribs with his elbow. Feeling the pain, Fujima turned around and looked at Hanagata weirdly.

¡What?¡± Hanagata asked as he saw the expression on Fujima¡¯s face.
¡Whatever did you poked me for?¡± Fujima asked, raising his eyebrow delicately.

Giving a sigh of defeat, Hanagata pointed his finger over to the awaiting team mates. Looking over to the direction that Hanagata is pointing, Fujima then realized that he¡¯d not dismissed his players yet. Mumbling an apology, Fujima hurried forward and gave out his final instruction for the day; making them to clear up the room before leaving for home. Shaking his head to clear off his thoughts, he turned towards Hanagata and said ¡I still had something on today, so why don¡¯t you leave first. I¡¯ll catch up with you tomorrow in school.¡±

Hanagata was about to protest, but one look at Fujima¡¯s expression tell him not to. After observing the latter for 5 seconds, Hanagata shrugged and headed out of the room leaving Fujima standing alone in the room. Fujima waited for 5 minutes, making sure Hanagata¡¯s not coming back before he picked up his duffle bag and headed toward Shohoku¡¯s holding room.

(As you all know, the Shohoku players were majority sleeping in the holding room¡­so how is Fujima going to get to Hanamichi?)

Fujima stopped just right outside Shohoku holding room pondering about how he is going to approach Hanamichi about the subject. For a moment, he thought of just letting go and turned back but his mind heart urged him on ¡®since I¡¯m already here¡­might as well give it a shot.¡¯ With that resolution in mind, he raised his fist and began to knock on the door.

In the holding room¡­

The boys were sleeping like a log, not even the undead could wake them. At this point of time, Fujima is outside the room knocking on the door. It was then that Hanamichi was jerked awake, not by the sound of the knocking but by the fact that Miyagi had just place his leg on Hanamichi head. It was then he heard the knock, he decided to get the door after all it¡¯s only him who¡¯s awake.

To be continuing ¡­.
What¡¯s going to happen next?
date started: 25/09/04 date completed: 03/10/04