Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ lost and found ❯ chapter 8, part 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Slam Dunk!

Lost and Found-- Chapter 8(a)

The whistle sounded signaling the end of the match between Shohoku and Ryonan, Shohoku won due to the contribution of Kogure's 3 point shoot. It was the end of the Kanagawa district tournament, and a mere beginning for the National tournament. Kainan and Shohoku will be representing Kanagawa to enter the National tournament, applauses echoed through the stadium as the award was been presented to the teams.

Fujima Kenji smiled in response to Shohoku's victory, causing Hanagata Toru to look at him bewilderedly for the third time in the week.

"Fujima... why are you smiling so happily?" Hanagata asked.

Fujima stopped smiling suddenly and searched his mind for an excuse to his behavior, he then turned to Hanagata "Well... I'm glad that Shohoku won against Ryonan... after all, they'd defeated us so it should be that they're the one to went for National. If they'd lost to Ryonan despite winning against us, it'll not looked good to our school name isn't it?For a moment, I thought they won't make it... but luckily they did... so I'm just happy because they turned the situation around..."

Fujima answered as calm as he could, but still couldn't help wincing at the excuse he'd came up with. Hanagata said nothing but merely lifted his eyebrows skeptically before shrugging and joining the rest of the team for some beverages by the vending machine.

-Shohoku's resting room-

The team were busy packing up and preparing to head over to the hospital and inform Anzai- coach on their victory against Ryonan. Ayako was doing last minute check on the members when she noticed Sakuragi's absence, turning to Akagi she asked "Akagi-senpai... where is Sakuragi?"

Akagi glances around the room and find no signs of Sakuragi, frustration reaching its peak he finally bellowed "Where did that idiot Sakuragi went ?"

Meanwhile, Sakuragi was talking with Fujima near the vending machine where majority of the Shoyo players was waiting around. Therefore, when Akagi's thundering voice was heard echoing throughout the corridor, majority of the players' eyes landed on Sakuragi and Fujima.

Sakuragi scratched his head sheepishly and said "I think I better get back to the team before Gori decided to drag me back..."

Fujima simply smiled reassuring "Sure, I'll wait for you tonight."

Sakuragi said nothing but grinned at Fujima as he made his way back to join the Shohoku team. As soon as Sakuragi's figure disappeared around the corner, Fujima turned his attention back to his team.

"Alright, I'm done... we can go now." he addressed his team members calmly.

Although, Fujima noticed his team mates sharing a look of bewilderment, he pretended not to notice it. 'They're probably wondering why I spend time talking with Sakuragi... Well, let them wonder then... I'm not telling anything.' Fujima thought to himself, maintaining a neutral expression on his face such that no one will knows what he was thinking about.

However, Fujima failed to notice Hanagata shooting quizzical glances throughout their journey back to the school as he was too deep in thoughts. Upon reaching the school gate, several members on the team headed towards the school buildings as they had their extra lessons to attend to while Hanagata and Fujima was left standing in front of the school gate doing nothing in particular.

"Hanagata, I'd something on now... I'll see you in school tomorrow!" Fujima started as soon as he snuck a glance at his watch. Without even bothering to wait for Hanagata's response, he jogged towards the direction of home, leaving behind a speechless Hanagata in his wake.

***

Now he was pacing around in the living room, waiting for Sakuragi's return from the visit to Anzai coach with anxiety. He had decided to confess his feelings for Sakuragi this evening, hence had specially rushes home and prepared dinner personally for Hanamichi since his parents was away for the weekend.

As soon as he heard the key turns in the lock, he literally jumps up from his seat and dashes to the door to welcome Sakuragi home.

"Welcome back, Hana-chan!" he greeted cheerfully.

"Huh? Thank you..." Hanamichi replied bewilderedly.

Fujima then led Hanamichi to the dining area and sat Hanamichi down in the seat opposite from his. Gesturing to the dishes on the dining table he said "These were made specially for you..."

Hanamichi's eyes widen at the variety of food on the table, he asked "Really? All these was made specially for me?"

"Yes..." Fujima responded, couldn't help but smile as he took in Hanamichi's childlike behavior.

Fujima observed Hanamichi's reaction closely from the corner of his eyes, but was shocked when he found tears running down Hanamichi's cheeks. He was just about to panick when he heard Hanamichi whispering "Thank you...", graditude lurking in the depths of the words.

Heaving a sigh of relief, knowing that Hanamichi wasn't upset but touched by his actions. Fujima settled back down in his seat and continue with the dinner. As soon as the dishes was cleared up, Fujima was just loading the dishwasher when he almost dropped the plates in shock.

Hanamichi had embraced him from behind, forcing himself to remain calm, he asked "Hanamichi, is there anything wrong?"
For a while, he thought that Hanamichi wasn't going to reply and was just about to repeat his question when he heard the distinct soft voice of Hanamichi "No, nothing is wrong... I only wanted to thank you for doing all these for me... it's been a long time since I had people doing that to me... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a dream..."

"Well... if you want to... I'll cook for you everyday..." Fujima stated hesitantly.

"Eh? Really, you will?" Hanamichi looked at him hopefully, almost causing him to melt under those gaze.

"Yes, I will..." Fujima replied weakly.

"Thank you!" Hanamichi beamed at him before leaning down to kiss him gently on the forehead.

Even if the kiss was a form of showing graditude on Hanamichi's part, it still makes Fujima's heart fluttered at the slight gesture. Unable to control himself, Fujima lifted up his head and kiss Hanamichi on the lips before pulling away and went back to his task of cleaning the utensils.

Silence permeated the air as Hanamichi searched his mind for a possible reason to explain Fujima's previous actions while Fujima continue doing the dishes.

"Fujima..." Hanamichi started, while Fujima paused in his actions wondering what's going to happen next.

Without warning, Hanamichi reached forward and pulled Fujima in for another session of kisses. Fujima's eyes widen at Hanamichi's actions, but surrendered himself when he noticed the serious look in Hanamichi's eyes. He knew there's going to be a lot of obstacles and problems along the way of their relationship, but he didn't want to think about it just yet. Pushing all doubts and thoughts to the very back of his mind, Fujima decided to just enjoy this moment of pleasure and worried about them at a later point of time.

~Owari~

date started: 26/03/05

date completed/revised: 28/04/05

Author's notes: This chapter is the end of this fic, there's going to be a company chapter consisting of Hanamichi's POV since I attempted this from Fujima's POV. I know it's kind of sloppily written... but I'm running out of ideas to extend this fic... Hope you'd enjoyed this fic ^^