Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ lost and found ❯ chapter 8, part 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Slam Dunk!

Lost and Found--Chapter 8(b)

***

Sakuragi Hanamichi heaved a sigh of relief as the whistle signaling the end of the match sounded, Shohoku had won against Ryonan. His eyes scanned around the stadium landing on a group of Shoyo players, they were easy to spot considering the fact that out of the 5 regulars, 4 of them were standing at a height of 190 and above. Noticing the vice captain of Shoyo Basketball team, he knew Fujima Kenji must be somewhere around the stadium.

Reaching his hand gingerly he touched the bandages around his head, wincing as he felt the wound stung. Resigning himself to the idea of getting a lecture from Fujima, he headed towards the resting room with the rest of his team mates. He was about to stepped into the room when he felt someone pulling him back.

Resisting the urge to swear and snapped at the person, he turned slightly so he could catch a glimpse of the culprit. Realizing it was actually Fujima Kenji, he said "Oh... it's you..."

"Yes, it's me! Are you alright?" Fujima asked as he examined Hanamichi closely for any signs of injuries.

"Yes, I'm fine... stop fussing over me... people are staring..." Hanamichi pry Fujima's hands away gently, trying not to attract unwanted attention from the public. Trying to sound more convincing, he tried to knock his head against the vending machine. Thankfully, he was caught in time by Fujima before he really crashed into it.

"H... Sakuragi, enough...I didn't ask for proof." Fujima hurried to stop Hanamichi from doing more dangerous stunts that could risk opening the wound.

For a moment back there, Hanamichi actually thought that Fujima will called him by his given name. Luckily, Fujima managed to cover it in time otherwise, people will be hounding them for explanation. Despite that they are now living together, Hanamichi had no inclination to let others discovered this information. Therefore, they had refrain from calling each other by their given names unless they were back home.

Just then, he heard Akagi bellowing his name from the resting room and knew it must be time to leave. Shooting Fujima an apologetic look, he whispered "I'll talk to you later when I get back..." Looking around his surrounding, he stated in a louder voice "I'd better get back before Gori decided to drag me back..."

With that, he left Fujima standing at the site with the rest of the Shoyo team members who had gathered around when they heard Sakuragi's announcement.

***

It was half-past seven when Hanamichi stepped into the house. He hadn't been expecting anyone to wait up for him, so was startled when Fujima proceed to greet him by the entrance.

"Welcome back, Hana-chan!" Fujima greeted him enthusiastically at the entrance.

"Huh? Thank you..." he replied bewilderedly, still confused by Fujima's behavior.

Without even realizing that he was being led away by Fujima and seated down in a seat opposite from his friend, he gaped at the sight of the dining table. The table was full of his favorite dishes, he was speechless as he took in the variety of dishes been prepared by Fujima, presumely since the adults had left for the weekend.

"These were made specially for you..." he heard Fujima said.

His eyes widen at the statement, with uncertainity he asked "Really? All these was made specially for me?"

"Yes..." Fujima responded with a smile.

Unsure of his own reaction, Hanamichi looked down at the dishes in awe and uttered a soft whisper of appreciation. "Thank you..." Tears of graditute rolls down his cheek as he began to tuck into his meal despite having eaten some Ramen before arriving home.

Soon the food was finished and Fujima began to clear up the table, staring as he watched Fujima work the dishwasher with skillful hands. Hanamichi was tempted to kiss the boy, especially with Fujima looking so attractive whenever he concentrated on doing something. Unable to control himself, Hanamichi stepped forward and wrapped his arms around Fujima's waist and embraced the boy from behind.

He felt Fujima stiffen under his touch and wondered if he had done anything wrong, when he heard Fujima asking him if there's anything wrong with him. For a while he considered shaking his head when he realized Fujima can't really sees it since the boy was backfacing him. Slowly, he uttered softly "No... nothing is wrong. I only wanted to thank you for doing all these for me... it's been a long time since I had people doing that for me... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a dream..."

Releasing Fujima from his embrace, he glanced down at his feet instead. However, Fujima's next words causes him to snap his head up so fast that he almost sprained his neck.

"Well... if you want, I'll cook for you everyday..." Fujima had stated hesitantly.

"Eh? Really, you will do that for me?" he looked at Fujima with hopeful eyes.

"Yes... I will..." Fujima replied weakly.

"Thank you!" Hanamichi beamed, before leaning down to peck Fujima on the forehead.

Initially, Hanamichi had wanted to kiss Fujima fully on the lips but he was worried that Fujima might reject him so he settled for a kiss on the forehead which they'd been doing every night as a 'good night' kiss since childhood. He had thought Fujima felt differently for him, so he was rather surprised when he felt Fujima's lips on his own.

He was silence, he didn't know how to react to Fujima's kiss. "Fujima..." he started, with the intention of asking Fujima for a reason to explain the earlier actions when he caught himself in time. 'What if he did feel the same way for me?'

Deciding to find out for himself, he reached forward and pulled Fujima in for another kiss on the lips. At first he sensed hesitation from Fujima, before the other boy responded his kiss, passionately.

~ Owari~

date started: 29/04/05

date completed: 29/04/05