Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ It Started With A Date ❯ The Tunnel of Love ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Any character in this story does not belong to me
 
It Started With A Date
 
Sonic's POV
 
I don't believe it. It seemed impossible earlier on in the day, what with all these feelings running through me like blood does. It's just… strange how… I'm actually ENJOYING myself!
 
We've been here for over an hour now, just me and Amy. I don't know what it is, but she's hitting me with her spell hard. All the fear, the worrying, the memories… they just disappeared into thin air. All I could feel was the need to laugh and smile whenever Amy was around. We were having so much fun, I almost dreaded the night coming to an end.
 
“I can't believe you!” Amy laughed as we exited the water log ride that Amy managed to convince me to get on, “That must've been the first time I've actually heard you scream!”
 
“I hate water…” I pouted in response, trying to shake as much of the horrible substance out of my fur as possible. Amy giggles even louder as the water that flies out of my fur begins to land on her. She squeals and moves away from me, as I continued to shake water out of my fur.
 
When all was said and done, she approached me again, a cheery grin on her face, one that made me glad that I decided to stay with her after all, “It's your turn to pick a ride. Where next?”
 
I smirk. I could practically see the words `PAYBACK!' rolling through my mind. My smirk widens as I pretend to think. My eyes gaze up towards the biggest rollercoaster in the park, reaching up so high; you could probably touch the sky and run your fingers through the soft fabric of the clouds. This is gonna be good…
 
“I want to go on that one,” I said, pointing at it, the smirk never leaving my face. I could tell Amy was looking at me as I gazed upon the huge ride.
 
“Payback, eh? Guess I deserve it, for making you go on that water log ride. Let's go,” She babbled, grabbing my hand. My face felt hot as the warmth from her hand travelled through to mine. She squeezed it tightly as she dragged me along to the rollercoaster.
 
We waited in a really long queue, which bored the hell out of me. Amy kept shuffling from foot to foot, and I could tell she was nervous…
 
Amy's POV
 
I look at Sonic, who has a bored expression on his face as he leaned against the bar, his lovely green eyes blurred in thought. God he looks so adorable… my mind wanders to more thoughts of Sonic and I alone, passionately kissing, and I blush, getting more and more into the daydream. It took my mind off of the rollercoaster I'm about to go on. I could've just stood there forever, dreaming of him holding me, kissing me, loving me… if Sonic hadn't had awoken me from my fantasy. It was at that point that I once again was grateful that nobody could read my mind.
 
“We're next!” Sonic claimed excitedly. I nodded, a blush creeping onto my face as I tried to push that fantasy out of my head. People are staring at us and it makes it even more embarrassing. Oh well, at least they're not jumping on us and begging for autographs non-stop. I hear the screams of people on the rollercoaster and the nervousness begins to get to me. I never really told Sonic how frightened I was of heights.
 
Sure enough, it was our turn. He pulled me onto the one at the back, stating that it's boring and slower at the front and that he liked it fast. Great, now I feel really scared. But he's so happy… I attempt to push all my fears aside as I sit on the seat next to Sonic, the bars pulled down and holding my body on.
 
The ride starts moving, and I look at the uphill in front of us, beyond the several people in front of us. My eyes practically shrunk as I saw how high the ride was going. We started moving uphill and my mind keeps replaying images of me falling out and hitting the ground with a loud thud. I shake and shiver, wondering how the hell Sonic convinced me to come onto this ride. I was so scared at that moment in time that I wanted to scream to be let off.
 
And all my fears seemed to evaporate when I felt warmth travelling through my body, coming from my hand. I look to see Sonic gripping onto my hand tightly, while another was holding onto the bar for dear life, “It'll be okay.” he told me softly.
 
I smile at him. It's those moments that make me love him so much. I tighten my grip on his hand as I notice the blue hedgehog next to me blush a little, though I never paid much attention to it as the plunge began. Beyond my loud screams of fear, I heard Sonic scream in enjoyment, laughing and grinning. I feel sick as I reach the bottom and we quickly go up and down on the rollercoaster.
 
I can't wait to get off.
 
Tails' POV
 
Man, I'm tired. All that running around at Twinkle Park has knackered me out. But it'll be worth it, when Sonic and Amy become an item and Sonic sees what he's missing out on. I yawn, lying back on my bed and briefly closing my eyes, before opening them half-way and gazing at the soft glow on the other side of the room. The green Chaos Emerald sat on the table, releasing a glow which made me feel safe and confident.
 
My mind travels back to Sonic and Amy as I begin to wonder what they're doing right now. Sonic hasn't been back home and neither has Amy, so I can assume they're still at Twinkle Park having a good time.
 
Cream's in bed now, more exhausted than I am. I feel a little guilty about involving her in my match-making scheme but what's done is done, I guess.
 
I begin to imagine what Sonic and Amy might be doing. Sonic's probably stuffing his face with those chilidogs he loves so much, and Amy's probably trying to drag him on rides. Heh, funny.
 
I roll over and decide to see how everything turns out in the morning, too tired to stay awake and do something else. I lie back, closing my eyes and allowing myself to slip into dreamland. Well, that is what I was hoping for.
 
“Tails! Come quick! Grandpa wants you!”
 
It's Chris. I roll over moaning and groaning as I rub my eyes, trying to wipe the little bits of sleeping dust out of them, “What does he want?”
 
“He said he's found something! I think it might be another Chaos Emerald!” Chris claimed excitedly. Man, I haven't seen him look so excited before. If it's a Chaos Emerald, then I better check it out. I reluctantly got up and followed my friend to the lab where I built the X Tornado.
 
I got there in no time, entering to find Chuck standing over what looked like the green Chaos Emerald, settled on the table. But… wait. The green Chaos Emerald is in my room. So… what can it be?
 
“Tails, I'm glad you're here! You'll never guess what I've discovered!” Chuck rambled on, the old man almost as excited as Chris was.
 
“What is it Chuck?” I asked curiously as I approached him. I gazed down at what Chuck had on his table. It looked like a Chaos Emerald, but was a lot bigger. My mind automatically travelled back to a past event, and I gasped.
 
It couldn't be…
 
Sonic's POV
 
I stand outside the ladies' room, listening to Amy throw up violently. Man, I feel like such a jerk. How could I have even thought about dragging her onto that ride, just for the sake of payback? Amy's fear of heights is fairly stronger than my fear of water, believe it or not.
 
She comes out of the toilet eventually, a weak smile on her face and her skin pale. Her eyes look into mine and my face had that familiar hot feeling.
 
“I think I want to go on something a bit easier now…” Amy mumbled, her voice gravelled, probably from all the throwing up she's been doing.
 
“I'm sorry Amy… I didn't think…” I began, but Amy's fingers found their way onto my lips, forcing silence.
 
“It's ok, I forgive you… now, it's my turn to pick a ride is it?”
 
I nodded as she began thinking of what to go on. I mean, we've been on nearly everything in the park so far. She eventually tugs me out of my thoughts and points towards a ride, which I instantly shudder at.
 
`THE TUNNEL OF LOVE'
 
“Er… Amy… are you sure?” I asked, not really wanting to go on it. It seems too prissy for my liking, no matter how much Amy loves things like that.
 
“Perfectly.” she said, grabbing my arm and pulling me toward it. The queue wasn't long; we were on the ride almost straight away. The swan held us both in and travelled through a realm of love hearts and angels. Like I said, too prissy.
 
“Isn't it beautiful?” Amy claimed in a dreamy voice, one that was actually appealing to me. I sighed and glance at the walls, which were painfully pretty. Much like Amy in that sense. Painfully pretty.
 
“Sonikku?” she asked again, her voice softening. My face heats up in a hot flush as she touches my arm and rubs it. My heart begins to pound again as everything that I thought I had escaped travelled through my head.

“What's wrong?” she asked me, her other hand on my shoulder now. Great, the feelings getting worse. Worse than it ever felt before.
 
“N-Nothing Ames… just… just…”
 
I blush furiously as she gazes at me with those lovely eyes of hers. I don't know what it is, but she sure looks beautiful in the light of the Tunnel of Love. I don't know what came over me at that point. Amy's spell must have hit me really hard, because before I knew it, I was leaning towards her and she was leaning towards me…
 
Amy's POV
 
The feeling of electricity was what I felt as for the first time, our lips touched. It felt so amazing, after all the wishing and praying, I finally got a kiss from Sonic.
 
It didn't even last that long though, as Sonic broke off before it even began. His cheeks were burned bright red and his eyes hesitated to meet mine. I realized how hard this must be for him. How could I have been so stupid?!
 
“I'm sorry.” I uttered and was shocked to hear Sonic say it at the same time. I could feel myself blushing brightly, almost as crimson as Sonic was.
 
Sonic looked away from me, and my heart thudded in the fear that I had blown any chance of being with him. He looked at me again, his eyes actually looking at me now.
 
“Maybe… it isn't all so prissy after all…” Sonic muttered, stating the Tunnel of Love's decorations. I merely nodded at his statement, and found my head leaning onto his chest. I felt Sonic jump at my touch and I could feel his eyes on me. I held my breath for fear of him telling me to get off and say various other horrid things.

“Heh, do whatever you want Ames, I'm not gonna stop ya.” Sonic muttered awkwardly.
 
A smile found my face as I laid my head on his chest, enjoying the warmth of his fur. I reached a hand up and stroked the soft peach fur while I felt Sonic lean back. I felt no arms around me, no hugging me or anything like that. But it was good enough for me.
 
I didn't need hugs and kisses to tell me how he felt at that moment in time.