Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The only characters that belong to me are CJ the Cheetah and Jessie the Cat. As for the others, Simone the Squirrel and Ant the Titch belongs to my friend Ant the Titch. Mony the Echidna belongs to Mony the Echidna. The rest of the characters belong to SEGA.
 
Miracles
 
Christmas comes and goes, along with New Year. Every New Year is the same for some, yet different for others. Some cherish what they have, some gain what they need and want. It's the time where friend's gathered, and cherish each other.
 
Sonic the Hedgehog knew the importance of friends around him, and nevertheless he needed them. Especially when his mother passed away, only two weeks ago. The worst of it was that he knew she was dying of cancer, and he could do nothing but watch her die in front of him. Plus, he was pretty sure his siblings would never forgive him for not telling them about their mother's condition earlier. All this led the normally cheerful blue hedgehog to be more depressed than usual.
 
The fair young pink hedgehog Amy Rose would visit him everyday, giving him solace and comfort when he needed it. It was an incredible shock to the young twenty-one year old, especially when she saw Sonic cry for the first time in her life at Aleena's funeral. She could only remain at his side, and look after him. After all, she had promised to look after him when his mother was gone.
 
Miles `Tails' Prower spent most of his seventeen-year old life in his workshop, tinkering and inventing like he usually did. Christmas was a time where he would normally be cheerful, though he wasn't as cheerful as he once was. Her death made sure of that. No matter how many times he tried to push the memory of Blue Typhoon all those years ago out of his head, he would fail miserably. After all these years, it still hurt. It always would hurt.
 
Knuckles the Echidna, red-furred and proud, ended up with Rouge the Bat, after so much pushing from certain people. The two had been together for nearly a year now, and certainly were an odd sight to see. The two were forever bickering about the silliest things, mainly due to the fact that Knuckles was thinking about proper commitment yet Rouge wasn't the type to commit in the way Knuckles was thinking of. Yet they remained together, seeming like they were going to break apart at any minute yet were really strong at the same time, almost like super glue.
 
Shadow the Hedgehog, once miserable and angst, had grown a little more cheerful in the past year, now looking towards the future, and not into the dreaded past he kept. He found a lot of friendship from the group and shockingly ended up getting together with Blaze the Cat, who ended up in Sonic's dimension when her own was permanently merged with his. Nobody expected Shadow to even chance a second glance in Blaze's direction, nor did they expect Blaze to become so chummy with him so quickly, considering how shy she was. The biggest surprise came when Shadow proposed to Blaze, considering Shadow never seemed the type to be romantic in any way, and Blaze never struck anyone as being the type to accept, in which she did. Now the two are married, in their own little apartment, and actually living more cheerful lives.
 
Cream grew into a beautiful young girl, inside and out, and grew very popular with Charmy. The two young teenagers took to hanging out with each other enthusiastically, which was another surprise, considering how very different they both were. But this year, everything came as a surprise to the Sonic crew, and everyone had come to accept it, though Cream's mother worried about Cream getting involved with someone as rude and as hyper as Charmy.
 
Sonic's brother Manic? He ended up with Sonic's ex-girlfriend Sally. No one ever saw that one coming, but Sally did everything she could for Manic, and looked after him when Aleena died. It was through the grief of it all that Manic proposed, and they now are engaged.
 
Sonia married Bartleby when Eggman died, just like they originally planned it. Nevertheless, Manic and Sonic were not exactly the happiest about it, considering they quite disliked Bartleby, and he quite disliked them. But they merely shut up and got on with it, considering they knew how much Sonia really loved Bartleby, though she hardly ever went into it.
 
Yeah, they all have a good life and this New Year's Eve looks to bring about change for everyone…
 
A/N
 
Started this a while back, I had originally planned it for New Year's Eve. Then I tried writing it as one huge one-shot, but it was so long I ended up splitting it. So yes, it features my fave couples and yes, it has been planned for a long time.