Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles ❯ Daylight ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The only characters that belong to me are CJ the Cheetah and Jessie the Cat. As for the others, Simone the Squirrel and Ant the Titch belongs to my friend Ant the Titch. Mony the Echidna belongs to Mony the Echidna. The rest of the characters belong to SEGA.
 
Miracles
 
A smile crossed Sonic's face as he slid the box his mother had left him out of the drawer, settled at the table, and gazed at it, feeling Amy's eyes on him. Sonic's fingers trailed the edge of the box, his green eyes never more intent. He gently pulled the lid off, and searched the box. Eventually, he found what he was looking for. He smiled again briefly, gazing at the leaflet in his hands, before handing it to his friend.
 
“What's this?” Amy asked curiously, opening the leaflet and reading it slowly. Sonic said nothing at first, but merely watched Amy read. The smile that was on his face before had never left, and his eyes were misted over. He could never think of anyone better to share this important information with. Truth is told, ever since he had laid eyes on Amy, a strange feeling had existed within him, constantly taking a strong hold of his chest and squeezing it whenever he laid eyes on the pink hedgehog.
 
Finally, Sonic spoke, “That's what I would like to do more than anything else.”
 
Amy laughed, “Travel all over the world? Haven't you already done that?”
 
Sonic and Amy had been to the local grocery store on their way back to Sonic's house, and they had started talking about their dreams, the things they wanted to do more than anything. It was then that Amy had jumped on Sonic and began begging him to tell her what his dream was. The truth was, this was only part of his dream. His real dream was too embarrassing to admit. The mere thought of it on top of being in the same room as Amy made the blue hedgehog pink in the cheeks.
 
“Yeah, but actually take the time out to see things, instead of it being a blur all the time,” Sonic explained to his female friend.
 
Amy leaned towards Sonic and whispered in his ear, “Then what's stopping you?”
 
Sonic sighed, “I don't know. I don't really wanna leave everyone behind, especially not Manic and Sonia, what with… what happened and all.”
 
“Don't worry about them, Bartleby and Sally will look after them. They promised Aleena they'd look after them, much like I promised her I'd look after you,” Amy explained in a soft tone.
 
Sonic smiled weakly, “You're not going to stop until I agree to go are you?”
 
Amy shook her head, a playful smirk on her face, “Nope.”
 
“But what about you?” Sonic asked in concern, “If I go, what will you do?”
 
Amy's cheeks flushed as she tried to dash any hopes that Sonic might take her with him, “I'll do what I usually do. Shop, cook and be merry.”
 
Sonic shrugged, and his smile grew wider, “If you insist then! I'll go tonight!”
 
Amy put on a smile, trying to make the best out of Sonic's happiness. After all, it meant so much more than her own happiness, and always would. Yet she couldn't erase the beginning of heartbreak, developing inside her heart, or what was left of it.
 
XXX
 
Blaze staggered into the kitchen, tired and weak. Her muscles ached for rest, her stomach felt like it had jumped into her throat and was ready to release whatever it had inside, her eyes were filled with moisture that she almost found it hard to see. She almost toppled over, but collapsed on the wall and rested her whole weight on it. The cat pressed her tongue in her cheek and tried to prevent herself from throwing up violently.
 
Blood red eyes met her yellow ones, actually withholding levels of cheer for once. Blaze had never seen Shadow look so cheerful in all their friendship and relationship, yet Blaze wasn't really thinking about it that much, nor was she in the mood to smile herself.

“Morning Blaze,” Shadow said, placing some toast in front of her, taking little notice of Blaze until the cat released a soft moan.
 
“I don't feel so good…” the cat mumbled, clutching her stomach.
 
“Eat then, you'll feel better afterwards,” Shadow replied, pointing at Blaze's toast before slowly chewing on his own.
 
One bite was all it took. Blaze's body quivered, the skin underneath her white furry muzzle turned a pale green. The cat shot to her feet, rushed out of the room and spent a good few minutes in the toilet, violently vomiting.
 
Upon returning to the room, Blaze threw a dirty scowl at Shadow. The cat now had a bad smell hanging over her, and dripped cold sweat, “How could you?”
 
“How could I what?” Shadow asked, sensing an argument was about to begin, so he mentally prepared himself for anything Blaze would come out with.
 
“This!” Blaze yelled, stalking over to the kitchen side, picking up the box left from the curry they had shared last night, and pointing at it furiously, “It's out of date!”
 
“So?” Shadow replied carelessly, clearly not knowing of what could happen if given out of date food.
 
“You've given me food poisoning!” Blaze accused, pointing her free finger at him, before quickly throwing it to her mouth and escaping to the bathroom again. Shadow sighed in relief. At least he had enough time to think up a good argument.
 
It didn't take long for Blaze to return to the room, “I want to see a doctor,” Blaze firmly told Shadow.
 
“But you're not sick,” Shadow responded, an annoyed tone in his voice. It was pretty easy to see that his blood was boiling and he was sick of Blaze's game.
 
“Are you blind or something? Look at me!” Blaze shouted. Shadow sighed and looked at her. Arms folded, not smiling, upset with Shadow at something. Nope, she was as fine as she always was. But the look on Blaze's face was quite angry, and Shadow didn't fancy another match involving flames and chaos.
 
“Fine, I'll take you to see a stinking doctor,” Shadow grumbled.
 
The black hedgehog grabbed Blaze's wrist, grumbled about time-wasters, and muttered, “Chaos Control.”
 
XXX
 
“Hey there Bunnie!” Sally smiled as she opened the door to her friend, who stood there with a bottle of wine in hand, and her husband Antoine beside her.
 
“Hey sugah!” Bunnie replied enthusiastically, walking in and wrapping her metal arms tightly around her best friend, embracing her. It had been a long time since they had last spoken, and an even longer time since they had met face-to-face.
 
“Bonjour Princess,” Antoine smiled goofily, bending forward in a wonky bow, a light blush on his cheeks.
 
“Hello to you too, Antoine,” Sally smiled fondly, stepping aside to invite her two friends in.
 
Sally led the three into the living room, where straight away Manic was seen attempting to fix something that Charmy had broken when they had offered to look after him for Christmas Day. The green hedgehog was cursing under his breath, his teeth gritted, his fists clenched together so tightly it seemed possible that his gloves could rip at any minute. To be honest, nobody had ever seen Manic that grumpy, but it might have had something to do with the fact that the ornament broken had belonged to his mother, now deceased.
 
“Manic? Manic?” Sally gently shook Manic's shoulders to signal him that their guests were there. Manic looked up reluctantly and sighed, “Yeah, hey there guys.”
 
Almost straight away he was back to fixing the ornament. Sally sighed at her fiancé's behaviour, “Can't you say anything else?”
 
“Sal, I'm trying to fix this thing here,” Manic replied impatiently, waving his hand at her.
 
Sally frowned at Manic, “Fine, we don't need to talk to you anyway.”
 
At that, the chipmunk squirrel stalked off, slowly followed by Bunnie and Antoine, who both found themselves glaring at the green hedgehog.
 
Almost as soon as he had entered the kitchen, Antoine had started cooking before Sally or Bunnie could say anything. The two girls immediately watched the coyote humming to himself as he used whatever he could find to make a nice dinner for New Year's Eve.
 
Sally sighed, gazing back at the door to the living room. It didn't take a lot of effort for Bunnie to notice, “Ya thinking about that old grump in there?”
 
Sally knew that lying to Bunnie wouldn't do anything; they could read each other like books, so she gave in and nodded. Bunnie leant a little closer to Sally, “You wanna talk about it?”
 
Sally sighed loudly, “I just get the impression that he doesn't want to know me. I mean, he doesn't seem to acknowledge that I am here for him. I know his mom's dead and it must be cutting him deep, but he seems to think he's all alone in this.”
 
Bunnie shook her head, “Give him time, sugah; he'll see that what he has is a good thing.”
 
Sally smiled weakly; “I'll just go and get some extra things…” she trailed off, grabbing her coat, throwing it over her shoulders and leaving to the corner shop. Bunnie shook her head. Sally shouldn't have to feel neglected because Manic's upset.
 
She sighed in exasperation. Hopefully he would see soon enough, that Sally was there.
 
A/N
 
I wouldn't be surprised if not a lot of people are interested in the parts with Sally, because not a lot of people like her that much. Truth is though, I felt like writing about all my favourite pairings and ManicxSally is one of my favourites without a doubt.
Of course there had to be SonicxAmy, my all-time favourite. Plus I feel its losing respect among fans… many people are losing interest in it and converting to SonicxBlaze and other couples. Not that I am blaming them or anything but I still feel Sonamy is losing a lot of respect.
Shadow's with Blaze because I like Shadblaze… duh!