Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The only characters that belong to me are CJ the Cheetah and Jessie the Cat. As for the others, Simone the Squirrel and Ant the Titch belongs to my friend Ant the Titch. Mony the Echidna belongs to Mony the Echidna. The rest of the characters belong to SEGA.
 
Miracles
 
“You're leaving?” Tails raised his eyebrows slowly as Sonic finally managed to settle himself into his living room, a fizzy drink in hand and a smirk on his face. Sonic clearly looked excited at the prospect of a new adventure, this time taking in real beauty.
 
Sonic nodded, “Yup, I'm going tonight.”
 
Tails' jaw dropped and he stared at Sonic with an almost flabbergasted expression on his seventeen year old face, clearly expressing the fox's disbelief better than any words could, “Tonight?”
 
Sonic nodded again, the grin on his face leaving slightly, “Yeah… I thought you'd be happy for me…”
 
Tails shook his head quickly, stammering, “N-No, I am! It's just… have you really thought about this? I mean, properly?”
 
What was a few seconds ago a grin on Sonic's face turned into a serious expression, “Of course I have. Me and Amy were talking about it and -”
 
“Amy?” Tails butted in, “And how does she feel about it?”
 
“She's all for it,” Sonic replied impatiently, “She wouldn't let up until I told her I'd go.”
 
Tails frowned slightly. Sonic might be blind enough not to notice, but Tails could definitely see what Amy was up to. Ever since Sonic's mother died, she had worked harder than any other person could to bring him some happiness, to help him realize that there was more to life than grief. Sonic had opened up to her, and Tails knew, deep down, that she wanted it that way. Amy, regardless of how much she had grown over the years, still loved Sonic, and still wanted to be with him. Tails recalled something almost happening between them once, when they were alone in the park talking quite comfortably with each other, and they came incredibly close to sharing a kiss, but Cream and Charmy had appeared out of nowhere, Cream looking very guilty about something. Tails could only reason that maybe Aleena knew something was going on between them; otherwise she wouldn't have made Amy promise to look after Sonic after her death.
 
“Well… if Amy thinks it's okay…” Tails began slowly, “Are you taking her with you?”
 
Sonic blinked, “Who?”
 
“Who?” Tails tutted, “Amy!
 
A pink tinge appeared on the skin beneath Sonic's furry muzzle, causing Tails to blink as Sonic blushed, “To be honest… I haven't really thought about that much. I've considered asking her, but Amy's happy here, I wouldn't want to drag her away from her friends and her home.”
 
Tails could see where Sonic was coming from with his concern. Amy, unlike Sonic, was always a person who wanted a permanent place, somewhere to settle, marry and have children. Sonic, on the other hand, was a drifter, who couldn't sit still for one second, and the day he accepted the responsibility of looking after a baby would be the day pigs started sprouting wings and flying. Amy was indeed happy in Station Square, with her greatest friends and Sonic wouldn't be happy if he wasn't on the move. But Tails couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Amy than her outer surface seemed. He suspected that maybe Amy would want to go with Sonic.
 
“Yeah, I suppose, but who knows what Amy thinks?” Tails sighed, “She probably won't be as happy if you're not around.”
 
Sonic shrugged, trying to pry his thoughts away from Amy Rose, and he attempted to change the subject, “So how are you lately?”
 
Tails shrugged, trying to make himself look as if he were merely bored, trying to hide the fact that the poor fox was in pure emotional pain, “Fine.”
 
Sonic gave Tails a disbelieving look, “Tails…?”
 
“I'm fine Sonic,” Tails persisted, “It's nothing I won't get over in good time.”
 
Sonic suspected that Tails' thoughts had been on Cosmo a lot. It wasn't exactly easy for any of them when she died upon Blue Typhoon. Tails had taken it hardest, had isolated himself from everybody else and kept to his room after her death. He blatantly refused to talk to anybody for a straight week, and came out looking like he hadn't stopped crying the whole time he was in his room.
 
Tails was getting better though, Sonic noted. Smiles frequently started appearing on his face again, and he seemed to cry and brood a lot less, as well as the fact that he seemed to welcome any of his friends around his house for a chat.
 
“Well, if there's anything I can do…?” Sonic murmured quietly and awkwardly.
 
“No Sonic, it's okay. We have to plan your send-off tonight,” Tails weakly smiled, getting back to the topic involving Sonic's trip. Sonic gave Tails a wary look, almost telling him not to bring up the subject of Amy, so Tails tried to rear around that, thinking that if Sonic wanted Amy to go on his trip with him, he'd make up his own mind, “I think that's the most important thing at the moment.”
 
Sonic fully appreciated that Tails didn't want to talk about Cosmo. Sonic was in a similar position himself; he found it very hard to discuss his mother, so soon after her death.
 
“Yeah, I guess so.”
 
XXX
 
Cream sidled into the Chaotix Detective Agency behind Charmy Bee nervously, an almost frightened look on her face, “Are they here?”
 
Charmy scanned the room, and strained to hear any sounds that may be emitted, “Doesn't seem like it…”
 
The bee buzzed towards the stairs, gesturing his fifteen year old doe friend to follow. Cream gulped, silently praying that Vector and Espio really weren't there. For once in the doe's young life, she hoped that Vector was with her mother, and that Espio was with that echidna girlfriend of his. Cream climbed the circular stairs, following the excited buzzing form of Charmy to the top.
 
Reaching the top was easy, and Cream began walking on tiptoe, in case Vector and Espio were here. She knew that if the two detectives found out what they were up to, Vector would want to be in on the deal, or even worse, he would tell Cream's mother and the lecture following wouldn't be pretty.
 
“In here!” Charmy excitedly whispered, opening a nearby door.
 
Upon entering the room, Cream immediately recognized it as Charmy's room. Several posters of a furry rock band hung on his terribly painted burgundy wall; the floor was riddled with wrinkled brown jackets. On top of every item he owned, was a thick layer of dust, “Sorry, don't take time much to clean in here.”
 
Cream's worry was immediately erased by shock. Charmy had never before, in all the time that they had known each other, apologized for anything.
 
“Here it is!” Charmy excitedly exclaimed, pointing at a sliding door just beneath his blankets on his bed, “Here it is!”
 
Cream bent down as Charmy pulled out a giant plastic box containing what appeared to be more blankets for his bed. The bee settled it before him, pulled the lid off and rummaged in it, “Look!”
 
Cream's eyes widened as he pulled out a thick wad of cash, thicker than his entire hand, “Oh my God…” the doe gasped.
 
Cream had never, in her whole entire life, seen that much money. She had no idea how much was there, but it must have been a lot for Charmy to be so excited. Guilt crossed her fact again. She had been so sure it had been something even more dangerous, probably a slingshot or something worse, not a thick wad of money.
 
“I found it in the bins, outside where Sonic lives,” Charmy excitedly exclaimed, waving the wad of cash in his hand around, “And there's a lot more than just this! We're rich Cream!”
 
Cream could only stare at Charmy in shock, “Charmy… if it belongs to Sonic shouldn't we give it back to him?”
 
Charmy goggled at Cream, “Cream… finders, keepers…?”
 
Cream gazed at the floor, “It doesn't seem right to steal. Sonic lost his mother; I doubt he needs a reminder that he lost his money too…”
 
“Exactly the reason why we should keep it,” Charmy scoffed, “We found it, we keep it, we do what we want. Cream, we're rich! Think of all the things you and I could do with this money!”
 
Cream's chocolate brown eyes were beginning to fill with tears, “Charmy, I had no idea you were so selfish…”
 
Charmy's caramel coloured eyes widened in shock as Cream slowly but surely burst into tears. The bee didn't know what to do, he knew Cream was too good to let Charmy keep the money, yet she would never grass him up to Vector. Despite the fact that Charmy had gone against things that the Chaotix Detective Agency stood for, she had never told Vector. She almost manipulated him into giving in and stopping by her tears. If there was one sight Charmy didn't like, it was seeing Cream cry.
 
“I-I'll give it back if that's what you want!” Charmy caved in; he couldn't stand to see Cream crying a second longer.
 
Cream weakly smiled at Charmy, “You really mean that?”
 
“Of course I do…” Charmy sighed reluctantly, allowing Cream to hug him tightly in thanks.
 
XXX
 
The trip to the doctors didn't go too smoothly. Blaze took two more unexpected trips to the bathroom, resulting in the whole waiting room being able to hear her violently throwing up. She would then come out, her yellow eyes glaring at Shadow poisonously, and a bad smell leaking from her.
 
She elbowed Shadow with her sharp elbow, “Stupid hedgehog.”
 
“How was I supposed to know eating food beyond a certain date affects your health?” Shadow snapped back, his arms folded in an angry looking position. The two of them prevented talking to each other mostly, apart from Blaze muttering about Shadow's attempt at `killing her'.
 
Finally, the doctor appeared, calling Blaze in. Blaze got to her feet with a loud sigh meant to irritate Shadow, which in turn caused the black hedgehog to clench his fists tightly, “One of these days, kitty…”
 
Sure, Shadow did love Blaze. Meeting her had changed his life, but it certainly wasn't a fairy tale meeting `love at first sight' thing. Upon meeting, they didn't get on that well. Blaze accused Shadow of being `far too interested in the Sol Emeralds' when Shadow queried on what they were. They argued, and it ended up in a fight using the powers of chaos and fire. Time taught Shadow that if there was one person who was as defensive as Knuckles over inanimate objects, it was Blaze the Cat. In any case, the more they bumped into each other, the more they began to tolerate each other. Shadow got pretty jealous too, when Blaze seemed to get friendly with Sonic, and he wasn't the only one. Due to careful planning on his and Amy's part, they made fools of themselves and Shadow had found that Sonic and Blaze were only close friends. It was then that Shadow got the guts up to say something to Blaze and it went on a bit smoother from then on.
 
Shadow smirked to himself; he couldn't live with Blaze, yet he knew he could never live without her now that he knew her.
 
“Hurry! She's fainted! Get help! Call an ambulance!”
 
Shadow was brought back to reality as he noticed doctors rushing around like mad bees in determination to protect their honey, not intending insult to one particular bee. Shadow's blood red eyes narrowed as he decided to go and follow Blaze, deciding to keep out of it.
 
As he headed down the corridor, his eyes widened. The person who fainted…
 
It was Blaze.
 
A/N
 
Cosmo is dead in this fic, even though I did say I might hint at the pairing. Fact is, I thought about bringing Cosmo back and it didn't seem right. I feel it would be degrading to her somehow. She died nobly and if she was resurrected I think that it would mean nothing. But no, I'm not pairing him with Cream to make him happy. I've already `sort of' paired her with Charmy, because it's one of my favourite pairings and I don't like TailsxCream that much anyway. So I might hint at TailsxOC at the very end of the fic.