Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Miracles ❯ Truths Revealed ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The only characters that belong to me are CJ the Cheetah and Jessie the Cat. As for the others, Simone the Squirrel and Ant the Titch belongs to my friend Ant the Titch. Mony the Echidna belongs to Mony the Echidna. The rest of the characters belong to SEGA.
Miracles
“So you're going away huh?” Shadow raised his eyebrows at Sonic, who for the first time in ages actually wore a smile on his face, “Leaving all of us fending for ourselves?”
It didn't take long for Shadow to get home, being a creature that could run at such incredible speeds almost breaking the sound barrier. He managed to keep a cell phone on him, which Sonic took great delight at teasing him about. It was amazing to find Sonic smiling for once after his mother died.
“I'll be back,” Sonic took a bite out of his chilli-dog, “It's not like I would leave everyone in Station Square to suffer.”
“Yeah well, I can't say I'm not happy I'm seeing the back of you,” Shadow told him with a smirk, “But good luck anyway.”
Sonic had a smirk like Shadow's on his face, “Thanks for that, faker, there's a party tonight at Tails' place, you and Blaze gonna be there?”
“Depends,” Shadow sighed, “Hopefully Blaze will be out of the hospital by then.”
Sonic's jaw dropped, “Blaze is in the hospital?”
Shadow groaned before reliving the tale of apparently getting Blaze ill by food poisoning. Sonic was smirking more than ever by the time Shadow finished, “Should've known you'd try and kill her sooner or later…”
Shadow ended up growling, lunging at Sonic and gripping his throat, “Listen to me hedgehog, I would never hurt Blaze, hear me? So before you go and assume that I've attempted to kill her, it was only food poisoning and nobody even told me that I should check the dates on food!”
Sonic's cheeks went blue from lack of air, but Shadow finally let go and allowed the blue hedgehog to regain his breath, “You're… mad…” Sonic choked out.
Shadow was about to lunge at Sonic again, until his attention was driven elsewhere, “Is that Knuckles?”
Sonic got to his feet and turned around quickly, noticing Knuckles standing right outside a jewellery shop, looking at several rings with interest. Sonic and Shadow exchanged confused glances, before deciding on approaching him.
“What's up Knux?” Sonic cheerfully exclaimed, throwing an arm around Knuckles' shoulder and gently slapping him.
Knuckles cast the blue hedgehog a glare, “None of your business.”
“Don't worry about the Knucklehead Sonic, Rouge probably kept him awake for a long time last night…” Shadow sneered, his arms crossed across his chest.
Knuckles' cheeks went red, and the echidna looked like he was going to lunge and beat the daylights out of Shadow, but thought better of it, deciding on sulking instead, “Shut up…”
“So what are you doing at a jewellery store Knuckles?” Sonic asked curiously. The echidna's cheeks tinged pink and he mumbled something, causing Sonic to stick his fingers in his ears, wiggle them around and ask for a repetition.
“I'm asking Rouge to marry me,” Knuckles mumbled, shifting from foot to foot nervously. Sonic and Shadow's jaws both dropped, but their reactions after that were completely different. Sonic immediately burst into laughter, making up a ridiculous chant about Knuckles wanting a thief to marry him. Shadow said nothing, but then eventually patted Knuckles on the shoulder, congratulating him before delivering Sonic a sharp kick in the side, bringing the blue hedgehog to his senses.
“Will you shut up?” Shadow snapped as Sonic got to his feet again, “Marriage isn't all that bad you know, just because you don't like commitment.”
Sonic gawked at Shadow, before saying nothing and allowing poor Knuckles to continue, “Thing is… she told me once she would probably never get married and Rouge doesn't like commitment yet I really want to ask her and -”
“You don't need to say anymore man,” Shadow placed a hand on Knuckles' shoulder, speaking gently, “I know how it is.”
Knuckles weakly smiled at Shadow, before passing a quick fleeting glare at Sonic, “Well, I might as well try, right?”
Sonic sighed with that same irritable smirk on his face, “Yeah, then you can have a white wedding, have loads of babies and live happily ever after. Sounds like the ideal hell to me.”
“Who asked you?” Knuckles snapped, going red.
Shadow smirked, “Don't mind him Knuckles, he's leaving soon. Going travelling…”
It was Knuckles' turn to gawk, “You're leaving?”
Sonic nodded, “Yeah, the leaving party's tonight at Tails' place, you and Rouge are very welcome to come.”
“Does Amy know?” Knuckles asked with a smirk on his face. Sonic's face lit up in a pink blush, and his emerald green eyes suddenly latched their sight onto his speed shoes. He found them very interesting all of a sudden and began to tap his feet, until Knuckles made an impatient coughing sound.
“Yes, she does,” Sonic snapped, trying his best to stop himself from blushing, “And she's all for it.”
The smirk on Knuckles' face grew wider, “You're blushing.”
Sonic shook his head quickly, causing his quills to mess up badly in the air and he stared at Knuckles with an embarrassed, nervous glare, “I'm not b-blushing!”
“Yes you are,” Shadow chimed in, walking over to Sonic and holding some of his cheek skin between his fingers, “Look; you're all pink in the cheeks.”
“Sonic luuurves Amy!” Knuckles chanted, hoping to annoy the blue hedgehog after he had insulted the fact that Knuckles wanted to marry Rouge. After Shadow let go of his cheeks, Sonic turned on his heel and walked off, “I'll see you tonight at eight, Tails' place.”
Shadow and Knuckles blinked, “That was different. Normally he'd have pounded the daylights out of us.”
Shadow smirked again, “That's because he can't deny it.”
“So Sonic fancies Amy…” Knuckles murmured to himself, “I'm so gonna enjoy annoying him tonight at his send-off…”
Shadow gave Knuckles a look of warning, “We'd better not. We don't want any arguments, Amy would never forgive us.”
A faint, chiming ring was heard, causing Shadow to rummage around in his quills and pull out a cell phone. Knuckles' jaw, once again, dropped, “Shadow the Hedgehog is carrying a cell phone?”
Shadow gave Knuckles a warning glare, telling him to shut up or else he'd be in for serious pain, flipped open the phone and began talking, “Blaze?”
Blaze's voice appeared on the other end of the phone, “Shadow, the tests are done.”
Shadow frowned, “And?”
“They said I could go home,” Blaze answered in a huffy tone, “So come and pick me up!”
“Fine, I'm coming…” Shadow sighed, turning the phone off, and sliding it back into his quills. He turned to Knuckles, “Well Knuckles, I know you'd love to accept my fine advice about marriage, but Blaze wants me to pick her up.”
Knuckles shrugged, “Fair enough, don't keep your missus waiting.”
Shadow punched Knuckles on the shoulder before taking off at top speed, meaning Knuckles wasn't capable of hitting him. The echidna cursed before once again turning his attention back to the jewellery store, “Why the hell not?”
Knuckles walked into the shop.
XXX
It didn't take long for Shadow to swerve and dodge cars on the street and arrive at the hospital. The black hedgehog slowed his running speed to a normal walk and entered the tall, gloomy hospital, walking along a long corridor until he arrived at the room Blaze was in when she woke up after fainting.
 
Blaze sat on the bed with her arms folded, and she didn't seem to look angry at Shadow at all. She seemed to look almost frightened.
 
“Blaze?”
 
Blaze looked up into Shadow's face and sighed, “I'm ready to go home now…”
 
Shadow gently lifted Blaze from the bed, allowing her furry head to rest against his arm softly and carried her out of the room. Blaze said nothing, but merely allowed herself to rest there in Shadow's arms.
 
“So what did the tests say?” Shadow asked, clearly still miffed that his wife was tested on like a lab rat.
 
Blaze jumped a little in his arms and fidgeted about, “Nothing.”
 
“Blaze, tell me the goddamn truth, will ya?” Shadow snapped, “What's the matter with you? Was it food poisoning?”
 
Blaze said nothing nor did nothing for a few seconds, merely looking uncomfortable, until she finally shook her head slowly, “No it… it's something else…”
 
Shadow growled, “Well?”
 
Blaze sighed, if he really wanted to know, he did have the right, “Put me down Shadow.”
 
Shadow complied, making sure Blaze landed gently on her feet, not that she wouldn't if he dropped her, she was a cat after all.
 
“Now tell me,” Shadow muttered.
 
Blaze sighed again, working up every bit of courage inside her, “You see… the thing is… this has never happened before, not between two different species apparently… and -”
 
Shadow groaned, “Just spit it out will ya?”
 
A huffy look came onto Blaze's face, “If you really must know, I'm pregnant alright! And it's yours!”
 
Shadow fainted.
 
XXX
 
“Party time!” Vector the Crocodile exclaimed, barging his way into Tails' house, his strong scaly arms loaded with beer. Vector's toothy smile was followed by a soft gentle looking doe in her womanhood, with chocolate brown eyes; Cream's mother. Behind them scooted in Cream and Charmy, looking somewhat excited, despite the fact that Charmy also had an aura of sulkiness around him. Following them were Espio the Chameleon, looking as dark and as mysterious as ever, and a pink echidna girl with amazing sapphire blue eyes, known as Espio's girlfriend Mony.
 
“Nice to see you again Sonic!” Vector boomed, seizing Sonic's hand and shaking it vigorously, as if they had no problems between each other and hadn't seen each other in years, “I hope you're well!”
 
Sonic nodded dumbstruck, while Knuckles sat in the corner of the room with Rouge on his lap, sniggering, “Very well Vector…”
 
“Well, let's get this party started!” The crocodile shouted, causing Espio to hide his face in embarrassment and for Mony and Vanilla to giggle.
 
Vector immediately dumped the beer on a nearby table and proceeded to get drunk as quickly as he could, almost as if he couldn't stand being sober for much longer. Vanilla hurried over and held the crocodile back from getting too carried away while Charmy could only laugh at Vector's almost desperate nature. Espio buried his head in his hands while Mony was left trying to comfort him and convince him it wasn't so bad.
 
The party was beginning to get started as more guests soon turned up over time. Manic, Sally, Antoine and Bunnie turned up about ten minutes after Vector began his drinking spree, Antoine looking like he'd rather be anywhere but there on the night. Of course, everyone knew that Antoine didn't think much of Sonic. When two young mongooses that Sonic knew from his childhood, Ash and Mina, turned up, Antoine immediately began talking to Ash; neither of them liked Sonic that much and was only there because their girlfriends dragged them.
 
Soon enough, some newer friends of Sonic's arrived, one of them being an orange cheetah with deep brown markings on her fur and an upside down triangle on her forehead. Her eyes were a brilliant hazel, with deeper orange around her eyes, and larger ears than the average cheetah. She wore a white sleeveless t-shirt with a purple love heart embroidered on the front, baggy purple trousers with a pocket on the outer side of the knees and sneakers compiled of the colours white and purple. A golden locket hung from around the cheetah girl's neck and her waist length brown hair, was for once, tied back in a pony tail. Sonic weakly smiled at CJ the Cheetah's presence, slowly without realizing it shrinking away, fully aware of CJ's slight crush on Sonic. CJ's hazel eyes met Sonic's emerald ones and the cheetah blushed, looking away towards Vector and his drinking mania.
 
Behind CJ was a black and white cat, also female with yellow eyes matching Blaze's. It seemed like every Mobian cat had yellow eyes to Sonic, who chuckled to himself as Jessie began looking around with a misty eyed expression for Shadow and Blaze, who still hadn't arrived. It was well known that Jessie the Cat seemed touched in the head, but it was her uniqueness that drew her to them, and Jessie certainly wasn't mentally ill as so many onlookers believed. The day Jessie became friends with Sonic via meeting him through Blaze was the day that the press had a field day; `Sonic meets Crazed Lesbian.' It was also well known knowledge that Jessie was a bisexual; fairly rare among Mobians, and had a slight liking for Blaze.
 
A tiny little insect followed them in, his skin not furry like most Mobians, not scaly like reptile Mobians but a small insect, his skin brown and his eyes green. Ant the Titch smiled at everybody, who was all so much taller than he was. He spotted Charmy and Cream and edged away. Wherever Charmy was, trouble wasn't far behind him and he would rather not be a part of it.
 
Finally, everyone let out a groan as they caught sight of a brown-grey furry squirrel with sleek posh-looking hair and deep green eyes which withheld a look of smugness. Simone had her chest puffed out; where it had a badge saying she had broken some kind of record. She had a snobbish look about her and gave everyone looks almost like they were beneath her. Sonic groaned; of all the people who could turn up, worse than Bartleby, it had to be Simone the Squirrel. She was well-known for her competitive nature and her bad attitude, especially if someone beat her at something.
 
While Simone stalked over to the beer to apparently show Vector how it was done, Ant began searching for Amy which led Sonic to wonder, `Where IS she?”
 
Sonic noticed very well Amy wasn't there, and it made the blue hedgehog fairly disappointed. Of all the people he had hoped could have been at his leaving party, it was Amy Rose. She had been his rock ever since his mother died and she should be here. She might be late, Sonic reasoned as he saw two friends enter the room; Rotor the Walrus and Tekno the Canary, hand in hand.
 
It was well over an hour until Shadow and Blaze arrived, Shadow looking very dumbstruck and Blaze looking very pale. Sonic raised his eyebrows in confusion as Blaze helped a very weak looking Shadow into a nearby chair and left the ultimate life-form there while she went over to speak to Jessie, who literally jumped out of her fur at the sight of Blaze.
 
Sonic, after sighing in disappointment realizing that Amy might not turn up, glided over to Shadow, “So Faker, what's up?”
 
XXX
 
Amy Rose settled on the park bench, her hands in her lap and her eyes on the pavement, her mind still repeating over and over again the words Cream spoke to her.
 
“Why not… you know, go with him?”
 
Amy struggled to think; she couldn't ask that much of Sonic. His mother had just died; he needed his own space at this moment in time, she couldn't intrude. Yet Amy had no idea of how she would manage without having Sonic around. Looking after him took her mind off of her own troubles; being with him took her mind off her own troubles.
 
Amy reached her hand into her pocket, fiddling around until she pulled out a crinkled note. Amy unfolded it and flattened it out, reading the message on it:
 
Amy
 
You have become like a daughter to me these past few weeks, and I cannot think of anyone better to ask. Since I discovered I was ill, I knew I needed to ask you this.

Please care for my Sonic when I'm gone.
 
Thank you,
 
Aleena
 
Wouldn't going with Sonic be fulfilling the promise Aleena asked her to keep? Amy shook her head, she was so confused!
 
“Maybe you should just stay here Amy,” the pink hedgehog muttered to herself, “No sense in doing this to yourself.”
 
`But you promised Aleena…'
 
Amy looked up at the moon weakly and sighed. It seemed like it was destined that Sonic should take her around the world with him, hold her and be there with her. It seemed so unlikely that two people so different from each other would ever be together in the way that she wanted.
 
“Maybe I should… ask him to take me with… maybe that's what he wants…
 
A new resolution in mind, Amy got up and strode to her house, packing her bags ready for a new adventure with Sonic.
 
A/N
 
Yes, Blaze is pregnant! Yippee! Shadow and Blaze are gonna have a baby! So that's one question answered! I could definitely imagine Shadow fainting at it as well!
Anyway, more questions remain. Will Amy go with Sonic on his journey? Does Sonic like Amy? And will Knuckles ever ask Rouge to marry him and if he does, will she say yes?