Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Iron Heart ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Now it's time to see how it all turned out…

Epilogue

As they flew away, Knuckles saw a piece of Angel Island sticking up out of the ocean.

Knuckles: Tails! Set us down over there!

Tails: There? Are you sure?

Knuckles: Yes!!

Tails: Okay okay, I'll land the plane!

Luckily, the piece was fairly large, and almost level. This made landing on it possible. Tails set the plane down, and MS-02, still carrying Amy, landed next to them.

Me: <puts Amy down> What's going on?

Knuckles: <pulling chaos emeralds from cargo bay> I think I can save Angel Island…

Sonic: How?

Knuckles: You know as well as I do that the chaos emeralds are very powerful…Maybe…I can use that power…to restore the island!

Sonic: It's worth a shot, I guess.

Knuckles: Trust me, it's worth a lot more than just a shot…

Tails: But how are you gonna do it?

Knuckles: I'm not sure yet…I've got a few ideas, though. <takes out last emerald> Okay, guys, you wait here… <runs off the edge, dives underwater>

Sonic: What does he think he's doing?!

Me: If I had to guess, I'd say that he's trying to get the emeralds back to the shrine.

Tails: But that's hundreds of feet underwater!

Sonic: Maybe even farther; I mean, the island did break apart…

Knuckles: <surfaces, breathing heavily> I found…the shrine…but it's too deep…

Amy: Maybe Metal could carry them down.

Knuckles: Hmm…I don't know…The last time I entrusted the emeralds to someone else, I nearly died.

Tails: It might be the only way.

Knuckles: …<sigh>…all right.

Me: <jumps down into water> Very well.

Knuckles: <hands MS-02 the emeralds> Just swim them down, and put them in their proper places. I don't suppose you know where they belong do you?

Me: Actually, my memory has a perfect record of their proper placement.

Knuckles: Good. That'll save some time. <points underwater> The shrine is down there. Hopefully, once the emeralds are returned, the Island will restore itself.

Tails: Maybe we should take off, in case this piece turns sideways or something.

Sonic: Good idea <grabs handle> Hey, Knucks…you gonna be all right down there?

Knuckles: Yeah, I'll be fine.

Amy: In that case…<grabs other handle> I'm coming with you guys.

Tails: Okay, then…<presses buttons>…Here we go!

The Tornado took off, and pulled wide circles in the air around the island.

Underwater…

Me: Let's see…literally…<activates infared vision>…hmm…no help…<switches to night vision>…Ah-ha! Now…<sees shrine>…There it is! <swims toward shrine>

MS-02 swam into the shrine, which was now tilted on its side. The master emerald had fallen to the back of the room, he noticed. He then replaced the chaos emeralds (sideways) to their correct places, and they inexplicably stayed there, on what was now a vertical surface. He then retrieved the master emerald, and placed it in the center. It, too, stayed where he put it. As soon as this was finished, all of the emeralds began to glow, and made a low-pitched humming noise. A few seconds later, the entire island trembled. It did so several more times, and then the largest piece, the one with the shrine, rose to the surface, and righted itself horizontally. Knuckles did his best to hang on to it, but the incredible amount of water it forced out of the way was far too much for him. He was swept away by the powerful current and the waves it created. Then as the island rose into the sky, the void it left sucked water back in, and brought the echidna with it. He was now directly beneath the island, which was still gaining altitude, slowly but surely. Taking advantage of this moment of calmness, he looked around to see other pieces in all shapes and sizes rise from the abyss, and attach to the rest of Angel Island. It was really quite awe-inspiring, and Tails was taking pictures of it all from the Tornado, which was still circling. All of this went on for several minutes, and by then, Knuckles was signaling that he needed a way out of the water. MS-02 had long since figured out that Knuckles would have no way out of the water, unless the Tornado could float; which according to his memory, it couldn't. So he had decided to fly around in search of Knuckles. The red echidna was easy to spot in the dark blue water, So MS-02 had no trouble rescuing him. The robot flew Knuckles up to the island, and set him down before landing himself.

Knuckles: Thanks…for everything…

Me: Not a problem.

Knuckles: I hope the island will be all right.

Me: It seems likely.

Knuckles: Yeah…Yeah, it does.

It was then that they saw Tails land the Tornado nearby. Sonic and Amy let go of the wings, and walked toward Knuckles and MS-02, who were already headed for them.

Sonic: Looks like your plan worked…

Knuckles: Yeah, I guess we got lucky.

Tails: I wonder how all this trauma will affect the island…

Amy: Everything looks fine so far!

Me: Hopefully this time is not the case, but if there's one thing I hoped that I've taught you, it's that looks can be deceiving. Look at me-I'm a top-of-the-line killing machine, and I fight for the good guys.

Sonic: <smiling> No doubt about that.

Tails: If you ask me, today was a good day. Angel Island is up and running, I got to fly my plane, Robotnik is dead, and to top it off, we've got a new friend.

Amy: Yeah!

Sonic: Definitely.

Knuckles: <remembers Rouge's execution><to self> I guess it was mostly good…

Me: <sees Knuckles, realizes what he is thinking><walks up to Knuckles, whispers> Do not worry, Knuckles. That is in the past, and cannot be changed. It will do you no good to fret about it.

Knuckles: <quietly> Yeah, I know…But still…

Amy: <walks over to them> What's the matter with you two? We're supposed to be celebrating!

Sonic: Amy's right. It's time to party!

Tails: I guess we'll have time, now that Robotnik is gone.

Amy: I say we all go back to the pizza place on Station Square and get a bunch!

Tails: Pizza? I'm all for it!

Knuckles: <sigh> Yeah, I guess it sounds good

Sonic: I've got just one question!

All: What?

Sonic: Why are we still here?!

Me: He's right. Let's go!

Sonic: <walks over to Knuckles, whispers something to him>

Knuckles: <nods, smirks>

Sonic and Knuckles walked over to the Tornado, and each grabbed on to a wing.

Sonic: Hey Amy!

Amy: What?

Knuckles: See ya later!

Tails: Oh, boy…Here we go again!

Tails took off, with Amy running close behind.

Amy: HEY!! COME BACK HERE!!

Me: <electronic sigh> Maybe I should've stayed evil…<runs over to Amy, picks her up, and flies off after Tails>

And so, they all pigged out on pizza until they could eat no more. (Sonic took a lot longer to eat his fill) When they were all finished, Sonic tricked Knuckles into washing the pizza grease off his hands. When the echidna returned, all he found at the table was the bill. When he looked at it, his eyes grew wide, and his pupils shrank.

Knuckles: <yelling loud enough to be heard for miles around> SSSSOOOONNNNNIIIICCCCC!!!!!!!!!

The End

So, what did you think?

And why does SA 2/SA 2: B (and perhaps SA; I'm not sure) take place on Earth? I thought Sonic and the others were from Mobius! What's the deal?!

Anyway, reviews are greatly appreciated.

So please REVIEW!!