Sonic X Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You: Part 1 ❯ AmyxBlaze ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A whole collection of one-shot stories, for all Sonic couples, alphabetically ordered, including yaoi, yuri and completely random pairings likely to never happen! Fan character pairings and crossover pairings not accepted, and neither are flames/insults. Some pairings are random and different; this is a warning.
This couple is Amy Rose and Blaze the Cat. Sega-based.
 
Open Your Heart
 
Blaze the Cat had always been the same, ever since she was a child. She would sit in front of the Sol Emeralds for hours, her eyes narrowed to a slit-like position, her lips thinned with one of her fangs narrowly poking out. Her nose would twitch endlessly should she sense somebody approaching. Her hands would always be clenched into tight fists, giving off the feel that they would burst into flames at any second.
 
It made her look frightening. The atmosphere she presented was meant to frighten away people. That was why Blaze was always alone.
 
She tried not to let it bother her; after all, it would put her off her guard. It was almost written in stone that she was the one who was meant to guard these precious jewels with endless power.
 
Raising a hand, Blaze uncurled her fist, allowing a small tongue of flames to fly towards the lantern next to her. It was getting dark. The lantern filled the area around the lilac cat with endless light, and she felt soothed. The dark had always left her feeling uneasy, hence the reason for the light. She wasn't frightened, never frightened. Fear belonged to those without such important duties. Fear meant scuttling around like headless chickens screaming in some sort of lost agony. Blaze never familiarized herself with fear, not if she could help it.
 
She couldn't help but feel tired, but shook it off vigorously. If she fell asleep it would put her off of her guard. She allowed herself to stretch, before leaning against the floor, gazing at the stars.
 
Thinking was a favourite past-time of the young teenage feline. She would often ponder on days that have passed by, whether they were recent or not. She could definitely remember one event that would never stray too far from her mind.
 
It was around five weeks ago when her emeralds got stolen by an overweight man with a large bushy moustache and tiny black glasses which gleamed in the sunlight. His fat figure and the evil atmosphere he seemed to present reminded her of Eggman-Nega. It wasn't exactly a pleasant encounter, when his robots left her wounded.
 
Arriving in a world very different from her own was a step she had never taken before. But she had learnt a long time ago that any steps had to be taken to assure the safety of the priceless jewels she owned. There she had met Cream and Sonic. Kinder than any other person, Cream guided Blaze around their world. Sonic helped her discover the meaning of friendship and bade a meaningful farewell when the time came for her to return to her own world.
 
But one person seemed to stick in Blaze's mind like superglue. It wasn't really that easy to forget her; her face always appeared in her mind at various times. Her fur glimmered a pale pink, her eyes shone like the purest jade.
 
Blaze could not get her out of her head.
 
“Amy Rose, she said her name was,” Blaze mumbled to herself, rubbing the fur on the side of her head.
 
She seemed so open with her emotions, that girl. Just seeing her approach Sonic with such confidence and cheerful positivity led a boiling sensation building up more and more in the cat's chest. Blaze recognized that emotion as jealousy very easily.
 
She could never be like that. She could never open up her heart like that. She could never let someone crawl into her the way they do to Amy. That girl had her heart broken again and again, and she still went back for more. Blaze could never submit herself to doing that. She wasn't as brave as Amy Rose was.
 
She allowed herself to roll over and gently stroke one of the pink petals of a rose only centimetres away. They reminded her so much of Amy it was unbelievable. Her outer appearance suggested somebody delicate… much like the petals of the rose. Yet deep down she was as strong as steel. That much was shown whenever Amy had her heart stamped on by Sonic. Blaze sighed, wondering if Sonic even appreciated Amy at all. She sure did…
 
She wondered what it would be like; having that cheerful peppy teenager around in her life, bringing laughter and joy. Blaze had not laughed since she was ten years old… before her best friend Jessie had died. It was very strange; thinking of Amy led her to think of the black and white cat she had as a friend before. They almost matched in personality; both had always searched for love in the wrong places.
 
She often wondered what it would be like to hold Amy in her arms… to gaze endlessly into those cheerful jade eyes, to stroke her rosy cheeks…
 
The feline allowed the smile on her lips to widen. She had never really been able to trust a male. Sonic was probably one of the only exceptions. Cream was a child, a special friend, almost like a sister. She could never care for her like she did for Jessie before and Amy now. But Amy… she was different. She was beautiful, sweet and precious.
 
“Is this what love feels like?” Blaze yawned with a weak grin on her face. She stroked the flower in front of her again, before her hand dropped at her side and her eyes drooped in a tired manner. She was asleep before she could even clarify it.

XXX
 
“I've been looking all over for you!”
 
Blaze turned her head at the loud cry, one of her eyes snapping open to see a glimmering pink figure running towards her. Her heart almost cried out to take the girl into her arms at once, but she fought it, maintaining her rough, hostile attitude, the one she had been familiar with since she were a young child.
 
“What do you want?” she asked harshly, getting to her feet, though they were protesting and pleading for rest. The pink hedgehog blinked.

“What sort of hello was that, Blaze?” she asked curiously, her hands on her hips and throwing a huffy look over at the feline guardian, “I thought we were friends.”
 
“Friendship doesn't come into the matter of guarding the Sol Emeralds,” Blaze said sternly, her arms folded across her chest, “I'm going to have to ask you to leave… or I will have to make you.”
 
“I came to see a friend,” the pink hedgehog proclaimed stubbornly, settling herself next to Blaze despite how dangerous the situation looked. The cat had flushed a bright red in the cheeks clenched her fists.
 
“If I see you make one move towards those emeralds…” she began fiercely, but the hedgehog girl cut her off.
 
“I'm not interested in some silly emeralds; I came to see a friend,” the hedgehog snapped. Blaze felt a ripple of anger pass through her. Silly emeralds?

Blaze sighed in defeat, “Fine. But don't think that I'm not watching you.”
 
“Jeez, you don't trust me at all, do you?” the hedgehog exclaimed sulkily, her arms folded across her chest and her cheeks puffed out. Blaze could tell she was angry and offended, but nevertheless, the feline thought she looked cute.
 
The feline tried to wipe the smirk off of her face but to no avail, “I'm just doing my job, Amy.”
 
“Yes, but go easy on your friends, will ya?” Amy Rose asked her, her cheeks deflating a little, “Otherwise we might think you've learnt nothing of what happened about a month ago.”
 
Blaze sighed, “Actually, it was over a month ago. Anyway, what are you doing here?”
 
The pink hedgehog bore a sassy smile and her cheeks deflated fully, leaving her looking young again, “I don't know. One moment I was having a raging row with Sonic, the next I was met by a bright light and sent here. I heard something about a `Princess Blaze' so I assumed I was in your dimension… so I tried to find you.”
 
Blaze blinked. Only the first part of what Amy had said had registered into her mind, “You had a row with Sonic?”
 
Amy sighed; she had gone from angry, to sassy, to almost depressed in the space of a minute. She sighed miserably, “He called me a nuisance… he said I was too obsessive and… he said he didn't love me. I didn't even know he could be that cruel…”
 
Something in Blaze's stomach leaped with joy, and a flood rushed through her chest. The cat may not have been in touch with her emotions a lot over the years, but Blaze recognized it as the feeling of hope. Cruel as it sounded, the teenage feline was pleased to hear that Sonic and Amy had argued; so much that she ignored the fleeting feeling of guilt also brewing.

After some brooding, Blaze decided on the sympathetic approach, “I'm sorry about that Amy.”
 
Amy sniffed, “Don't be. It's not like you wished for it to happen… or did you?”

Realizing she was in a slight tad of trouble, Blaze tried to sound convincing, “No!”
 
Unfortunately for the cat, she didn't sound at all convincing. Amy got to her feet harshly, turned to face Blaze with a look of fire in her eyes and pointed a shaking finger at her, “You DID didn't you?”
 
Knowing she was in a corner with no way out, Blaze waved her hands around stammering in vain, “A-Amy it's not like you think it is!”
 
“I KNEW you wanted Sonic all to yourself!” Amy yelled shakily, tears beginning to pour down her face, “I KNEW you were trying to get in the way of me being with him! I thought I could trust you!”
 
“A-Amy please listen to me!” Blaze tried to yell but not even she could match Amy's harsh tone. Amy's voice washed over hers easily.
 
“You're just stupid! Sonic wouldn't love you! You're a princess, and he hates responsibilities! I know that because we've been friends for longer!” Amy wailed in agony, “I had him first and you just had to want to ruin it for me for your own selfish gain!”
 
“Amy, please!” Blaze tried to yell again, but Amy was still louder.
 
“I've worked hard trying to get him to like me! You can't just waltz in and take him! I deserve him for how hard I worked!” Amy cried, tears streaming down her face.
 
“Amy would you please-” Blaze began but she never finished her sentence. She felt a sharp blow on her face and the cat fell to the floor once more. Looking up, she saw a furious Amy holding her hand upwards in a threatening manner.
 
“You shut up and listen to me, kitty cat!” Amy yelled again, her other hand clenched in a fist, almost suggesting she was about to reach for her hammer, “You think just because YOU'VE had it rough, you deserve a guy like Sonic? You DON'T!”
 
“Amy I don't-” Blaze began again, but Amy raised her hand higher.
 
“Shut up and listen to me!” Amy shouted fiercely, her hand clenching into a fist, suggesting she was ready to summon her hammer at any time, “You may think you've had it rough, but let me tell you I've had it worse! My family's dead! My friends treat me like a deluded psychopath! Nobody talks to me like I'm sane! Sonic ALWAYS likes another girl more than me! I feel like rubbish all the time! Try living my life before moving in on my future boyfriend and you'll see why I'M the one who deserves him!”
 
“Amy for God's sake will you shut up and listen to me?” Blaze snapped; her hands ready to emit flames at any moment, “I'm not in love with Sonic, god damn it!”
 
Amy lowered her fists slightly, “Stop lying. I saw you on our world. Saying goodbye to each other. You were giving each other `the look'. I know that look. It's the look where you REALLY like each other.”
 
Blaze laughed in an almost insane way, “Sonic's my friend, so of course I gave him a look! But I don't LOVE him!”
 
“He gave you one though!” Amy protested angrily, “He had a look in his eyes! He NEVER EVER looked at ME like that!”

“I can't help what Sonic does!” Blaze growled, “He's a guy! Guys give girls funny looks!”
 
“So go on then!” Amy shrieked, tears pouring down her cheeks faster than ever, “Tell me! Tell me why you hoped we'd argue if you didn't love Sonic!”
 
“I don't love Sonic!” Blaze cried, tears starting to pour like a river down her cheeks, “I love YOU, Amy!”
 
Amy froze. She glanced down at Blaze like she was an escaped convict from the nearest prison. The cat smacked herself in the head; she had really blown it now. Amy would never return her feelings, she probably didn't even swing the same way as Blaze did.
 
But now that she had started, she couldn't stop, “I've loved you ever since I met you. Maybe it was because I felt strong jealousy because of how free you were with your emotions. You could express love without worrying, I can't. I hold myself back… plus you remind me so much of a friend I knew as a child. And you're beautiful Amy. The reason I hoped you'd argue is so that you'd find someone who would appreciate how beautiful you are!”
 
Amy stood there, frozen like coloured ice. She had not moved since Blaze had said the three words she had always wanted Sonic to say to her. Blaze looked at her desperately, “Amy please say something…”
 
Amy looked at Blaze before pointing at her again, her hand shaking, “Does it hurt?” she asked hoarsely.
 
Blaze placed her left hand on the cheek Amy had slapped just moments before. She had only just noticed how much it was stinging her, “Not really.”
 
Bending down, Amy pushed Blaze's hand aside to inspect the red mark on the feline's cheek. She placed her other hand on the cat's other cheek, not even thinking about how crazy this was, “I'm sorry, Blaze. I just thought… you know.”
 
Blaze shrugged, “I don't trust males. They're all the same; all pig-headed jerks. Sonic was a slight exception; I could only see a little pig-headedness coming from him.”
 
“He's a jerk…” Amy sniffed, her mood changing again in the space of a second. It was almost as if their argument had never happened, “He didn't even THINK about my feelings when he told me all of that stuff.”
 
“Don't worry about it,” Blaze whispered, running her own gloved hand over Amy's rosy cheek, “He doesn't deserve you.”
 
“Who does deserve me then?” Amy asked curiously, “You?”
 
“I'm not good enough,” Blaze replied sternly, her arms once again folding, refusing to let anyone in to speak to her, “My duty is to the Sol Emeralds. People would bore of having me as a partner.”
 
Amy shuffled closer to Blaze shyly, “We could try…”
 
Blaze frowned at Amy, “It would never work. We're from two completely different dimensions which are never allowed to completely join together.”
 
“But we could try,” Amy stubbornly proclaimed, “If you want to that is.”
 
“Of course I want to, but sometimes we want what we cannot have,” Blaze said miserably, “I'm used to it.”
 
“This time is different,” Amy told her, slowly and shyly placing her hand over Blaze's. She felt Blaze stiffen slightly, “We can make it work.”
 
“But your friends…” Blaze began to protest, but Amy placed a finger on her lips.
 
“They'll find out where I am soon enough,” she said slowly, “I'm not going back. There's no turning back anymore. I want a new start… with you.”
 
Blaze huffed, “Are you saying all of this to make me feel better? Say you love me and then leave me as soon as the opportunity comes by?”
 
It was now Amy's turn to huff, “I'm not that type of person! I'll have you know that I had some sort of feeling deep inside for you since I met you too! You were so shy and alone… I wanted more than anything, even more than wanting to be Sonic's girlfriend, to help you!”
 
Blaze was taken aback by this. But Amy still had more to say, “I tried to get rid of it. I tried to tell myself I loved Sonic and I always would. But it didn't work. The feeling grew and grew until it consumed me. I had to see you. So after Sonic and I rowed, I used the latest gadget Tails had invented for dimensional travel to get here. I think they were using it to send Cream and Sonic over to see you. It only works once, so I had to use it… I lied.”
 
“Well… that's not what I expected…” Blaze said after about two minutes of deadly silence. The Sol Emeralds glowed behind them, almost pleased that Blaze had a chance for a relationship.
 
“So can I stay here with you?” Amy asked quietly, “Get to know you and stuff…?”
 
Blaze nodded; a smile set on her young face. Amy grinned and brought her head closer to Blaze's, their eyes beginning to droop.
 
The kiss that followed was ever so sweet. Blaze found that Amy tasted of strawberries, and smelt of roses. The cat only hoped that she tasted of something pleasant for Amy's sake. She didn't want her to taste something vile and rotten like moulded cheese.
 
XXX
 
Blaze's eyes fluttered open, finding herself before the Sol Emeralds again. She smiled weakly, noticing the lantern still burning with her flames. She wanted to get up and blow them out, but she was still tired.
 
“That was the nicest dream I've ever had…” Blaze whispered to herself, rolling over to get in a more comfortable position.
 
Lying next to her was a pink hedgehog, her fur glimmering under the rising sun, her cheeks pale with rosy tinges. The cat blinked in confusion, “It wasn't a dream?”
 
Blaze leaned a little closer to the pink hedgehog, her yellow eyes scanning Amy's sleeping form… perfect. But was it an illusion. The cat pinched herself. No, Amy was still there.
 
“It… really happened?”
 
A/N
 
Another one down! Anyway, Amy/Blaze is currently my favourite yuri pairing so I definitely enjoyed writing it. It's nice to see an alternative, plus when the Sonamy/Sonlaze war bothers me, I turn to this couple (though I do a lot of Sonamy things too). I think they could work out really well. So… I hope everyone enjoyed that one.
 
The next couple is going to be Amy/Cosmo.