Sonic X Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Loving You: Part 1 ❯ AmyxCosmo ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A whole collection of one-shot stories, for all Sonic couples, alphabetically ordered, including yaoi, yuri and completely random pairings likely to never happen! Fan character pairings and crossover pairings not accepted, and neither are flames/insults. Some pairings are random and different; this is a warning.
This couple is Amy Rose and Cosmo. Sonic X-based.Cosmo's POV.
Amy and I
 
“Let's keep moving!” Amy called out towards Cream and I, a look of determination set on her face. I had to admit I felt a bit sorry for Cream, who set the distance between Amy and I. Her head was barely visible amongst the long grass. I myself only just managed to peep over it, my blue eyes narrowed as the grass ends tickled my face.
 
I suppose people are wondering what this is all about. If it hadn't been for that fierce-looking Meterex there would be no story to tell, but it's safe to say I don't really mind recounting what happened.
 
We've been on the Blue Typhoon for days now, possibly stretching to weeks. It had been about a month since we had started looking for the Chaos Emeralds in outer space, where Sonic had scattered them onto various planets. There had been no trace of an emerald, fake or real and needless to say, it was incredibly frustrating, especially for me.
 
Most of our days were spent in the control room, where we'd keep our eyes peeled for any signs of an emerald. Thankfully Chris had upgraded the scanner to pick up real emeralds only. But I had a feeling it wasn't the last we'd see of the fake emeralds, mainly because of the reactions Sonic had towards them, turning him into a darker, fiercer being without any control over himself. Dark Oak would probably be looking for a strategy to cause that same loss of control in his own favour.
 
A giant Meterex headed toward the ship this morning, clearly on Dark Oak's orders. It was a murky brown, and the sphere on its face was coloured black where eyes would normally be. Needless to say, it sent shivers up my spine with little effort.
 
That led to a full out attack, and no matter what lengths we resorted to, the Meterex would not go down at all. We used the laser cannons and they merely bounced off of its surface. The power cannon almost sent Sonic flying into outer space. Had Chris not flown after him in the Hyper Tornado, he probably would have fallen through space for an eternity.
 
But that's when everything went really wrong.
 
The Meterex averted its gaze from the Typhoon and fired a shot at the Hyper Tornado, catching it by the wing. Unable to sustain flight, Chris and Sonic began to plummet. I could still remember Amy's terrified screams, calling out to the blue hedgehog she claimed to love. My eyes had remained on Tails, watching his every move. The next decision he would make was a crucial one.

“We'll have to try and catch them!” he had said in a panicky tone, “Their lives are more important!”
 
So that's what we did. We directed the Typhoon downwards, guiding it towards the burning remnants of the plane. At that time, I did nothing but pray for the lives of my friends.
 
But it got worse from there.
 
The Meterex came up behind the Typhoon and attacked. All I could do was scream as the red lights began to blare out loudly, sending my heart into a frenzy. I failed to see how we were going to escape.
 
Yet we did. A group of ships had appeared out of nowhere, and attacked it. I never really registered what was going on though, partly because I was so frightened. The lights still blared, my heart still pounded, and my stomach felt like it had dropped out.
 
The next thing I remembered was waking in the control room. I could only reason that I had blanked out during the fall. We had arrived on some sort of a planet… one that seemed to have a lot of caves at any rate.
 
Tails was trying to work out all the repairs in vain, Cream was sobbing over the unconscious form of Cheese, Knuckles was most likely down in the chamber and Amy had barricaded herself away from everyone. She gave everyone dark glares, so I saw sense and didn't approach her.
 
Sonic and Chris had been separated from us during the fall. Nobody needed telling that.
 
We needed someone to search for them, and as Tails suggested it, Amy immediately jumped to her feet. It was safe to say that Tails wasn't too keen on the idea of her going alone, so I volunteered. Cream, still sniffling about Cheese, also said she'd like to go.
 
So it was settled. The three pioneers; Cream, Amy and I were to go on a quest searching for our two missing friends.
 
So that brings us to where we are now. It has been nearly two hours since then, and we still have seen no sign of our blue hedgehog friend. Cream was exhausted, and every five minutes would make it known, not that Amy ever listened.
 
I myself felt aches in my legs, but unlike Cream, I kept it to myself. I could see how much Amy wanted to find Sonic in the way she moved, spoke and looked. I refused to try and force her to rest when she was in such a worried state, regardless of the fact that it might do her some good.
 
“Actually, come to think of it,” Amy began again, “I'm kinda tired, how about we take a rest?”
 
I blinked in confusion at the major coincidence. One moment I had just been thinking about the fact that Amy would not ever stop, and just now she did. I wondered vaguely if she was capable of reading minds.
 
“Sure Amy!” Cream sighed eagerly, instantly slumping to the floor, her chao settled on her head. I myself gently settled on the grassy floor, clutching my dress, draped with petals.
 
Amy sat a little while away from us, leaning against a tall oak tree. She had an almost depressed look on her face. I glanced at her, tilting my head in confusion slightly, “Cream, I'll be back soon…”
 
“Okay Cosmo!” the young doe said cheerfully, “I'm going to go and pick some flowers! I won't go too far!”
 
Nodding, I watched the rabbit skip off with Cheese not far behind her, before allowing myself to turn around and walk over to where Amy was settled, lost in her own little world. Slumping down next to her, I let out a sigh.
 
A long silence followed, almost killing the atmosphere. It made me nervous to no end. When I could take no more, I turned to my pink hedgehog friend, “Why did we stop?”
 
Amy said nothing at first, not that I expected she would. After about a couple of moments deciding on an answer, she replied, “Cream was tired, wasn't she?”
 
I nodded at this, leaning against the tree slightly, “You never stopped for her before. She's been telling you she was tired for over an hour now, and you never stopped then.”
 
“Maybe I realized I was being selfish!” Amy snapped, her arms folding across her chest. I winced, sensing one of her moods approaching.
 
“Sorry…” I mumbled, fiddling with my hands in my lap. Amy looked up, and threw me an apologetic look.
 
“Don't be… it's been a rough day,” Amy told me, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder, “I shouldn't have taken it out on you.”
 
“So… why did you stop?” I asked again, looking at her nervously. She threw me a glare, which made me wince again, before allowing a smile to cross her face.
 
“Because we were all tired, even you.”
 
I threw Amy a frightened glance, “I wasn't tired at all! Honestly! I could've gone on for miles!”
 
Amy smiled at me weakly, “There's no need to lie to me, Cosmo. I know you're tired. I didn't want to push you.”
 
“So you'll push Cream but you won't push me?” I looked at Amy in an aghast manner. My hand literally rested on my mouth in shock.
 
Amy looked at me, this time with a frown on her face, “It's not like that. I care about Cream; she's like a sister to me… I just got a little carried away.”
 
“I understand,” I said solemnly, “We'll find him, Amy.”
 
Amy nodded with an almost hopeless look on her face, “I'm on the verge of giving up though… we've found no trace of him and it's been two hours.”
 
“He'll turn up,” I rubbed Amy's shoulder in what I hoped would be a comforting gesture.
 
“Thanks Cosmo,” Amy smiled at me, “I can't forget my determination. I need to find Sonic.”
 
“That's alright,” I smiled, leaning in to give Amy a hug, “We girls have to stick together.”
 
I don't know how long we lay there hugging. It felt like an eternity. Amy had a way of making me feel warm, no matter how cold it was. I leaned in closer to her, resting my head on her chest. I felt a soft gloved hand stroke my leafy hair and I smiled in bliss.
 
“Think we should carry on with the search then?” I asked quietly, with a weak smile.
 
“Yeah, I think so,” Amy whispered, pulling me close and kissing me on the forehead, “We should never give up.”
 
Getting to our feet, we brushed the grass off of ourselves, exchanging glances to each other.
 
The pink hedgehog leaned forward and pecked me on the lips slightly. I froze in shock, as she smiled at me, rubbing my cheek with her thumb.
 
“D-Don't you love Sonic?” I stammered in shock.
 
“Don't you love Tails?” Amy inquired, raising her eyebrow at me teasingly.
 
I blushed a tomato red, “I… I… don't know.”

“I think you do!” Amy teased, tickling my stomach. I couldn't help but laugh.
 
“He's a sweet guy,” I began, hesitating, “But he couldn't possibly be interested in me.”
 
Amy smiled at me in one of those ways which suggested she knew something, “You'd be very surprised.”

“Well… maybe I… do sort of like him…” I mumbled; the heat in my cheeks high, almost to the point of burning.
 
“Good luck with Tails, honey,” Amy Rose whispered in what would be called an actress mode, “If things don't work out between me and Sonic, I'll call you.”
 
I giggled at Amy's acting, “I'm not going anywhere!”
 
“Neither am I,” Amy leaned closer to me again, and captured my lips in another kiss. My body numbed in shock, though in a pleasurable way.
 
“If you love Sonic, then why are you kissing me?” I asked curiously, a smile never leaving my face.
 
Amy leaned close to me, and pressed her lips against my rose-like ears.
 
“Think of it as my thanks.”
 
A/N
 
Shortest one-shot so far… didn't really get a lot of ideas and I had a writers block. Anyway, I've shortened the collection to about twenty chapters, so there'll be more in the number of collections.
 
Anyway, I like Amy/Cosmo. I think they'd make a cute couple. Yeah, I know in Sonic X, Amy appears to be interested in Sonic and Cosmo is sort of going out with Tails, but anything could happen. If they needed advice on romance, they could go to each other.

I don't think I did as good on this one, it felt rushed to me. I'd have fixed it but I had other things I needed to do… sorry.
 
The next couple is going to be Amy/Cream.