Sonic X Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Two tailed two timer ❯ Heartbreak ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
I stared horrified at Cosmo; things couldn't possibly get any worse… please say it's all a horrible dream.
“WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DOING!” shouted Cosmo, pure anger streaked across her face.
“I'm sorry Cosmo, it just happened!” I replied trying to keep things calm.
“What? Oh Cosmo's gone, so I'll borrow the next available girl!” said Cosmo sarcastically.
“It wasn't like that Cosmo; I just sort of... well... fell for her…”
“Am I not good enough for you is that it?” she asked furiously.
“Of course not, it's just that she was around in my time of need.” Tails protested.
Cream, who was in the back of the room spoke, “But you and Tails are finished now, he told me he dumped you a few days ago!”
“Who told you that?” asked Cosmo, trying to make sure she heard right.
“Tails, he told me he dumped you a few days ago!” replied Cream.
Cosmo looked at me, angrier than usual, “I see there's more than one person in this room who's had lies told to them!” she stated.
“What do you mean Cosmo?” asked Cream. Cosmo looked at me
“I think Tails will tell you that, WON'T YOU TAILS?” She said in a threatening tone. I had no choice but to reveal the truth.
“Sorry, Cream, I lied to you, I hadn't finished with Cosmo.” I said guiltily.
“Why?” asked Cream angry and upset.
“Because…” I glanced at Cosmo, “…because I love you Cream!”
Cosmo began to cry. I strongly take back the 'things couldn't possibly get any worse' bit because now things are ten times worse
“And what about me, you bastard!” shouted Cosmo “Don't I matter to you any more?”
“Of course I care, it's just that I care about Cream too.” I replied, this definitely wasn't easy.
Cream walked up to me her face right up close to mine, “If you cared about me that much you wouldn't have lied to me you cheating fox!” she sobbed and she ran upstairs.
“Look what you've done to us Tails.” sneered Cosmo and followed after Cream and I heard a door slam.
I headed upstairs; I must know what they are saying. I pressed my ear against the door, both girls sounded like they were in tears.
I felt so guilty, so ashamed at what's happened that part of me wanted to run away and never see anyone again but I can't leave things like this.
“It's not your fault Cream.” said Cosmo tearfully.
“I'm so sorry Cosmo.” replied Cream.
“It's not you're fault he lied to you.” cried Cosmo. “That two tailed two timer deserves everything he gets.”
I sank to the floor. She's right...I deserve everything I get; I'm the one who caused all this.
Then someone shouted “Tails!” from the hallway below. I approached the top of the stairs and saw Sonic. I was so glad to see him I just ran down the stairs and threw my arms round him and burst in to tears.
“Oh Sonic!” I sobbed “I have made a complete mess of everything, Cosmo knows everything and now Cream knows I lied to her!”
I half expected Sonic to push me away and say “This is your problem” but instead sat me on the couch and talked to me
“I'm not happy with what you done Tails, but as you are my best friend, I will stick by you.” he said softly, handing me a tissue
“Thanks Sonic.” I replied wiping my eyes with their tissue
XXX
A while later Sonic had left and I was sitting there wondering what was going on upstairs. I couldn't bear it any longer.
I headed upstairs and tried to listen to what they were saying. They didn't appear to be saying much but I did hear Cosmo say “I forgive you,” to Cream.
I felt like pushing open the door but I couldn't face them. I then listened horrified at what was happening. There was no mistaking the noise. They weren't talking to each other at all. They were kissing!
I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it. They can't be. Not Cosmo and Cream. I couldn't shake the image of them out of my head so I furiously opened the door. Cosmo and Cream immediately broke apart
“YOU BITCHES!” I shouted angrily, “Is this your way of getting back at me?” I asked angrily.
They both stared at me, “I know Cream isn't to blame for any of this Tails. Its you.” said Cosmo.
Cream walked up to me, “I never want to see you again!” she sobbed and she left.
I had one last chance to appeal to Cosmo, “Please Cosmo!” I begged. “I didn't mean for any of this to happen!”
“It's too late Tails, you had your chance and you blew it.” she said angrily and she left.
“Please Cosmo I'm sorry!” I called after her but she ignored me and left with Cream.
I ran up to the window where I witnessed Cream and Cosmo walk down the street, hand in hand. They were together. Cosmo and Cream. Cream and Cosmo.
“No!” I cried and collapsed to the floor pounding my fist into the ground and cried for ages.
I realised I've lost both of them. It's my entire fault. They are gone, and there's nothing I can do about it.
As the days went by neither girl would speak to me. The two girls I love most will never speak to me.
Weeks went by and the girls did begin talk to me occasionally. After a few months I had started becoming friends with them again but I now know I will never become romantically involved with any of them. Because they're involved with each other. And the fact that I'm a two tailed two timer.
 
THE END