Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ Meeting the Chaotix ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay, before you go and read the first part, I want to make something clear. You are going to be the star. This means that instead of saying "I" or "she", I'll say you. Also, I'm doing this because I'm just copying this off of my Quizilla account.

Espio and anyother Sonic characters are Copyrighted by SonicTeam. Metallic and other fan characters are copyrighted by me, MetallicEmerald.

_-_-_-_


The midnight moon was shining through the thick, dence forest. Stars glowed in the sky, fallowing your every move. It was as if you were in the spotlight of a scene right now.

As you were running, dodging every tree so you wouldn't crash, you heard him. Times like this you wished you had your weapon. You stopped for a few seconds, panting very heavily, and looked behind you. Damn, he's coming in close,you thought. Although you were still tired, you kept running, running away from him.

'Him' was also known as Fang the Hedgehog. He was your former boyfriend, before he left you. Now, he was after you again. You didn't want to get hurt anymore. To always be his punching bag when he was angry. For Fang to abuse you. You didn't want that. You already had a scar on the back of your shoulder from when he went completely crazy.

Running, you tripped over a raised tree branch. This caused you to hurt your ankle. You got up slowly and leaned against a tree. Once you saw his face again, you started to limp, although it was a little bit on the painful side. However, this attempt failed. Fang caught up to you and smirked. He held your throat and pinned you against the tree, which you were leaning on.

In a cold, evil whisper, he said,"I'm back..." He let go of your throat, as you were wimpering, and disappeared. Usually, you would be able to stand up to anybody, and not take any crap. But he was different. He was the only person who you could not stand up to. Fang haunted a year of your life.

Sliding down to the ground, the tiredness started to take over you. You closed your eyes a couple of times before falling asleep. You were too worn out to do anything else. You wanted to go back to your friends and be safe. But all of that would have to wait until tomorrow. You fell asleep, having yet another nightmare of Fang, like how you did every night...

Morning


The sun was gleaming through the forest. Your eyes slowly fluttered open. As they were, you started to see a pair of gold eyes. At first you thought that they were Fang's eyes, but he had purple eyes. The person infront of you had gold. You made a little yawn and moved a little. You suddenly remembered what had happened last night. You sat up straight and looked around. Fang was gone.

"I suggest you don't move too much,"said the person infront of you. You looked at him in a confused way. "Your ankle is bruised up." You looked down and saw your foot wrapped up. You nodded your head, meaning thank you. "Can't you talk?"he asked. You looked down at the ground. Being a mute was hard for you. People tend to judge you. However, he seemed to have gotten the idea.

"My name is-"the guy got caught off by a loud voice.

"Espio, Espio! There you are! Vector and I have been looking all over for you!"said the voice. You looked up and saw a bee. The bee noticed you and said,"Hi! Who are you?" Again, no answer from you. "Well?" Espio cut in.

"Don't worry about it, Charmy. Where's Vector at?"asked Espio. Charmy thought for a second or so.

"I don't know. He was right behind me a minute ago." Espio shook his head.

"Well, go look for him. I'll stay here,"he said to Charmy. Charmy said okay and flew off, leaving you and Espio alone. "Can you spell out your name?"he asked you. You grabbed a stick and started to write in the dirt. M-E-T-A-L-L-I-C, you spelled out. Espio made a little smile.

"Why were you out here?"he asked you. You couldn't help it, but tears started to fill your eyes. You looked down, trying to hide them. It was no use since a couple fell down. Espio looked at you, not asking anymore questions about that. He exchanged his hand out, telling you to grab it.

After hesitating a bit, you took it and stood up on your good foot. Espio grabbed you, helping you to balance. Soon after that was situated, Charmy came back with another person. He was tall and green. He also had headphones on with a gold chain. That must be Vector.

"Huh? Who's this?"asked the green one. Espio smiled.

"This is Metallic. For now, she'll be staying with us, boys,"answered Espio.

"Cool! Hey Espio, let her join our Chaotix Detective Agency!"said the little bee. You weren't too sure about that. Something came into your mind suddenly. Detective Agency? Maybe they can help me..., you thought.

"Not so fast, Charmy. We barely even know her. How can we trust her?"questioned Vector, staring at you. He was right. How could they trust someone who couldn't, or won't, talk? Espio looked at you.

"Maybe we can't, but we have to at least let her stay with us, just until she gets better,"said Espio. Vector didn't seem to pleased about this, but Charmy did. "Come on. Let's take her to the house,"Espio said. Charmy and Vector agreed.

You got a little bit worried. Topaz, your chao, would be wondering where you are at. Topaz didn't know anything about what happened last night. You really didn't want to leave Topaz all by herself for about three weeks or less. You had to feed her and take care of her. You had to do something. But what, besides talking?

You pulled on Espio a little. He looked down at you and stopped. You looked back at the other direction. Somehow, you knew that he understood to go the other way. But how? Espio told Vector and Charmy to go on ahead. At first, they asked why, but Espio just told them that he forgot something.

It seemed to have taken forever to reach to your destination. Both of you were at Hill Top Zone. Espio must've been wondering why you guys were here, since he had a confused look. He wasn't so confused after you pointed to a small little hut like house. Once both of you got in there, you looked around for Topaz.

A white and blue/purple chaos appeared, calling out to you. You smiled and opened out your arms. You hugged your little chao and gave it a small kiss. Topaz looked at Espio, a little bit concerned. You smiled at her, telling her that he was a friend. Your chao made a small smile. You motioned Espio that he could take you the the house. He nodded his head.

"Hang on tight, I'm going to run really fast,"he warned. You shook your head okay, and he took off. He really was fast. It may have only been atleast 15 minutes until you arrived at the house. Espio kicked opened the door and went inside. Vector was listening to his headphones, Charmy was somwhere outside, and Espio was going to take you upstairs.

He walked down a short hallway and stopped at a door. He opened the door and inside was a little bedroom. This was probably yours. Espio set you down on the bed and had a look at your ankle. It wasn't broken, just banged up a little. It was also a little bit swollen.

"I think I need some ice for that. Anything else you want?"he asked. You shook your head no. Espio left to get the ice, as you were just resting comfortablely on the bed. In a way, you felt guilty about not speaking. After all, Espio was the one who had helped you with your ankle. You needed to talk again. Well, at least say 'thank you' or something. You decided to practice right now before he got back.

You managed to say a couple of words. You were very surprised. Not by speaking, but your voice. You forgot what it sounded like. It has been a long time since you spoke. However, you still tend to studder a little bit, not that much. Espio came back with a bag of ice and new bandage wrap. Espio rewrapped your ankle and foot and put ice on it. This was your chance!

"Th, thank you..."you mumbled. Espio looked at you, quite surprised. He almost couldn't believe it.

"What did you say?"he asked.

"Thank you,"you said again. You never noticed how small your voice was. It was small and quiet. It wasn't loud, like Charmy's, Rough, like Vector's, or serious, like Espio's. Just...you? You couldn't really describe it. You wanted to talk more. You wanted to tell him about Fang, why you hurt your ankle, and other stuff. But for now, you just stuck with 'thank you'. Espio seemed pleased with the little "comment". You felt kind of good yourself. One word was better then nothing, right?

As the morning went on, it became afternoon. By this time, you were starting to get hungry. You looked at Topaz, realizing that she was just fine. If Espio and the others were downstairs, how would they know that you want food? You just layed back. Maybe somebody is already making something for you...You could use Topaz, but you really didn't want to treat her like a lacky.

With Espio and the Others


"So, what are we going to do about Metallic?"asked Vector.

"Hmmm...I'm not sure. We'll just keep her here until she's better,"said Espio. Charmy spoke next.

"Can't she stay with us forever?"pleaded Charmy. Espio shook his head.

"No. The last thing we need is a destraction,"confirmed Espio. Charmy got disappointed.

"Besides, Charmy, how do we even know if we can trust her?"stated Vector. Charmy's antenas drooped down, showing saddness. Espio and Vector felt a little guilty now. Vector spoke up again. "Don't worry Charmy, she'll still be here for about three weeks." That didn't help much, but a little.

"In the meantime while she's here, we have to make her feel at home. But don't get too soft. And keep in mind that we're still running buisness. Just because we have a guess, doesn't mean we get to slack off,"informed Espio. Vector and Charmy nodded their heads.

"But Espio, if we're on a mission, who's going to take care of Metallic?"Charmy asked. They all thought for a minute. After a minute, both Charmy and Vector looked at Espio.

"What? Me?"he said.

"Sure! Why not? You're the one who found her. Besides, what if on the mission there's a really high ledge? Charmy will have to go. And I'm really powerful,"said Vector.

"But what if there's-"Espio got cut off.

"Come on, Espio. You know you want to...!"teased Charmy. Espio made a small blush.

"Cut it out, Charmy!"said Espio, now embaressed.

"Cool it, Espio. He's only playing,"Vector said. Espio crossed his arms. Although, they were right. "Come on, Charmy. We have a mission to get to!" Vector and Charmy went out the door. Espio sighed and went upstairs. He opened your door and came inside.

You were a little startled, since it was quiet and you were watching Topaz sleeping. You got Topaz out of your lap and set her on the side of you. She made a little yawn and continued to sleep. You were wondering why Espio was in here.

"Vector and Charmy went on another mission. I have to take care of you,"explained Espio. You nodded your head. In a way, you were glad that he was here. Ever since what happened lastnight, you felt as if you weren't safe anymore. You also wanted to practice how to talk to someone. You also had to answer Espio's question that he asked at the beginning,'Why were you out here?' Espio felt a little bit uncomfortable, you could tell.

"So, uh, how're you feeling?"he asked. Time to talk!

"I'm feeling...fine,"you said. You looked at your ankle, and compared it to your other one. A little bigger, about a couple of millimeters.

"So, uh, why were you outside at night?"he asked. You decided to answer his question.

"Fang..."you trailed off. Espio seemed a bit confused.

"Fang? Who's Fang?"he asked. You stared into his eyes, showing fear. Horrible thoughts came into your head. One image was when Fang slapped you on the face a couple of times, just because you told him not to hit you anymore.

"Fang the Hedgehog. He...was my former boyfriend,"you answered. "Hold on,"you said. You turned your back to him, putting Topaz on your pillow carefully. You didn't want to hurt your ankle. As you were fixing Topaz, Espio noticed your deep scar on your shoulder. It was three slashes, like claws. Some of it was healed though. You turned back around, smiling.

"How did you get those scars?"asked Espio. Your heart said,"Fang", but your mouth wanted to say,"an accident". It actually didn't matter whether you told him the truth or not. Espio knew it was Fang. "Do you have anymore?"he asked, his voice going to a concerned tone then serious.

At first you hesitated, but then pulled your 'good' leg up. You raised your pants up, only to the knee, and revealed a small cut just below your knee. You pulled your pants back down and stared down. You then put your hair up with your hand, and showed Espio the marks from lastnight. Fang's grasp mark was still on your neck. You could've showed more, but chose not to.

Espio's face showed disbelief. How could someone treat another like that? Espio's eyes showed many mixed emotions. Usually they would say nothing. His said anger, saddness, concern, and others.

You looked out your window. You wondered where you were at right now. What your friends could be doing right now. What you could be doing right now. Probably explore new places. You loved to explore, especially the deep, snowy caverans of IceCap.

"Where are we?"you asked. Espio snapped out of a trance and looked at you. It took him at least a second to realize that you asked a question. Also, another second to figure out the question.

"We're at Grand Metropolis,"he answered. (Technically, the Chaotix Detective Agency is at Angel Island, but I'm changing it:) ) You saw a couple of "flying" cars go by. People were talking, walking, and just seemed to be enjoying themselves. You sighed quietly, wishing you could be out there.

Soon afterwards, both of you heard the clock sound. You counted the chimes. 1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10...11...12... Already is was 12:00pm. Moments later, your stomache grumbled, a little loud. You looked at Espio and blushed different reds and pinks.

"Come on,"Espio started. "Let's get something to eat." You smiled and woke Topaz up from your ittle slumber. You were just about to get up until you realized something.

"How am I supposed to walk?"you asked.

"Can you stand up?"he asked you. You looked down at your foot and tried to stand. You nodded your head yes. "Then you don't have to walk."

"I'm not sure that I understand,"you replied.

"I'll show you. Come on,"he guestured. He helped you walk a little, until you guys reached outside. Espio led you to the blue sidewalk, and stood there.

You were amazed. Moving sidewalks? This city was really advanced. Best of all, you didn't feel any pain.