Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Moon, Twilight Stars(Espio Love Story) ❯ Lost in the City ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Part 2. Yes, I will be updating really fast, until chapter 13XP

You were amazed. Moving sidewalks? This city was really advanced. Best of all, you didn't feel any pain. As the sidewalk was moving, your head was doing so to. You wanted to look at everything. You weren't used to being in a huge city.

Looking up at the very tall, different colored buildings made you dizzy. You shook your head to get the dizzyness out. You were more interested in the flying cars. Especially the one that kind of looked like a motorcycle.(If you have ever played the game Jak2 or 3, it looks like a zoomer) Those ones, as far as you could see, went very fast.

You suddenly felt a tug. Your head snapped towards Espio. Espio looked at a turn and said,"We turn here." You looked at the turn and nodded your head. The turn lead the the actual ground, right at the door to a little caf. Espio opened the door and helped you inside. You said thank you aa he walked you to a table. You sat down on the red, comfy bench and put your elbows on the table, holding your head. You were gazing outside. You wanted to ride one of those vehicles so bad!

You turned your head as you watched Espio as he came back from the counter. He seemed a little bit impatient, as if he wanted to get out of here as soon as possible. You were going to ask him about it until a girl came to the table. She's probably the waiter.

She was light pink with blue hair. Her eyes were a gold color, with specs of green and blue. From what you could tell, she was a hedgehog. As she was standing at the table, she kept on chewing her gum with her mouth open. It was really annoying you. As you looked at her from the corner of your eye, she was watching Espio. At the same time, however, she was giving you the look as if saying you-better-not-do-anything.

"So, what can I get you today?"she asked. She had a high pitched voice. Not only was her mouth annoying, but her voice too. You looked at the menu for a second, as so did Espio. You decided first.

"I would like-"you started. Before you could finish, the waiter cut you off. She gave you a glare and spoke in a snobby voice.

"I wasn't talking to you! I was talking to Espio!"she snapped. Great, your first day in the big city and you already didn't like the people. You put your head on your hand and looked outside again, as you did before. You didn't feel like looking at her. You made a small grunt.

Espio was a little bit upset with the waiter. He looked at the menu again and said,"Just get me water and...Metallic, what do you want?" You opened up your menu and pointed to what you wanted. It was the fish and chips. "And I want to fish and chips. Got it, Mika?"said Espio. Mika seemed a little mad now.

"Yeah, I got it,"she said as she walked off. You looked at her leaving, then turned to Espio.

"Who was that?"you asked him. Espio sighed in relief that she was gone, then answered.

"She was my last girlfriend. I left her because she was too controlling. She'd get mad at me when I left on a detective case. To put it into simple words, she's a nutcase." You made a little laugh. As far as you could tell, just by knowing Mika for only a couple of seconds, Espio was right.

"I can see that,"you said to him. Espio made a small smile. A few seconds later, the smile turned into a serious expression.

"Metallic, besides the fact that he hurts you, what else does Fang do?"asked Espio. Your head shot up. That question came out so sudden. It was like a bullet hitting one's body. You knew exactly what he does, how he does it, and why he does it. "Metallic, tell me about him." After hesitating for a moment, you started.

"A while back, maybe about eight months, I met him. I was lost in Mystic Ruins and didn't know where to go. That's when he appeared. He was no nice and helped me out. Later, we became friends, then we became more. But as time moved on, he became more violent and angry.

"Whenever I would go somewhere without him knowing, he'd yell at me. I couldn't go anywhere without him. He was too controlling and abusing. No matter how many times I tried to get away, he would somehow find me. I just kept running away until I gave up. After a month, I couldn't take it anymore. I ran away again. This time, however, I ran as far as I could. That's when I got to Hill Top. I lived there for about a month before he found me again. You know the rest..."you told.

Espio didn't say anything for a minute. You were about to say something, but Mika appeared with a trey. She carefully handed Espio's cup of water to him. That wasn't the same for you though. Mike held your fish and chips. Eventhough she could've just put it on the table, she had it a couple of inches above the table. She dropped it, which caused some of the little chips to fall onto the table. Mika left.

You had a small, opened smile, which showed your little fang tooth. You just loved fish. You picked up a piece of fish and started to eat it. As you were, Espio started to laugh a little. You looked at him with your ears hanging down.

"What's so funny?"you asked him, taking another bite of the fish.

"Your exspression. You looked at if you saw gold,"he replied. You thought for a minute. You probably did look as if you saw gold. You made a laugh along with him.

After about ten minutes, you were finished. You can Espio got up and left. As you and Espio were leaving, Mika glared at you. How did you know? You saw her on the corner of your eye.

You and Espio were on the blue lighted sidewalk again. However, you weren't going in the direction to go back home. You wondered if Espio knew.

"Espio, aren't we going back?"you asked concerned.

"Don't you want to explore the city?"he asked you. You smiled and shook your head yes. You turned your head every which way to see everything. The sidewalk started to go up. You looked down to actually see the sidewalk rise from the ground. At first, you were a little scared. But at the same time, you were excited. When the sidewalk finally went straight, you looked down again.

Your eyes went completely wide. You were at least 100+ feet in the air. You cluched Espio's arm a little. You were so amazed at how tall these buildings were. Even when you and Espio were high above the ground, the building were still higher than you.

"So, where do you want to go?"asked Espio.

"I don't know,"you started. "There's so much to see..."you trailed off.

"I know where we can go. But you have to fallow me. There's big crowds up ahead,"warned Espio. You nodded your head.

Espio went onto a left turn, as so did you. As you were fallowing, a huge crowd of people got in your way. You tried to go around them. Up ahead, you saw Espio turning a right. You went right.

"Man, who knew this would be so hard..."you sighed. You catched up to Espio. "Espio..."you started. He turned around and spoke.

"Espio? I'm not this Espio,"he said. He was right. It wasn't Espio! You looked around quickly, trying to search for Espio. You couldn't find him anywhere. Suddenly, you were on another turn. The turn you were on went down. Soon, you were on the ground. You searched behind you, thinking that maybe he was behind you.

"Espio?!"you cryed out. No one answered. Eventhough your foot was sore, you walked alond the normal sidewalks. You were relieved that it was only around 12:30. This gives you plenty of time to look for Espio.

You walked around, admiring the buildings. As you were gazing, you bumped into someone. Both you and the other person fell down. Your eyes went a little wide, with a little tear. You grabbed the end of your tail and pulled your tail out from under you. You crushed your tail. Rubbing your tail, you looked at the person who you bumped into.

It was a hedgehog. He was blue with emerald green eyes. He looked about your age. He got up, rubbed his head, and looked at you. He exstended his hand towards you.

"Hey, sorry. Here, let me help you up,"he said, smiling. You grabbed his hand and stood up. "By the way, my name is Sonic." You smiled. He seemed pretty nice, considering that you were the one who wasn't paying attention.

"Um, it's my fault. My name Metallic-"you got cut off by a loud shriek.

"SONIC!!!"yelled out a girl. You looked over to your left to see another hedgehog. She was short and pink with emerald eyes. She had on a red dress with a white trim on the bottem. Her boots were red with a white stripe going dow the middle.

"Uh oh...Got to go! Catch you later!"said Sonic. Sonic ran, leaving a blue streak behind him. The girl ran past you, after Sonic.

"Hmmm. That was weird..."you said to yourself. "Now to find Espio." You saw another blue sidewalk. You went over to it, in hopes of finding him. Unfortunately for you, the blue sidewalk was a short one. It didn't even lead you to another sidewalk. You sighed.

"What if I can't find Espio? This is a huge city and I don't know where to go! For all I know I could've been walking in circles...,"you thought to yourself. Walking around, you spot one of those vehicles that looked like a motorcyle. You ran over to it, and thought. "If I take this, then I will be able to find Espio in the air. But...what if belongs to someone?"

Deciding that it would be best to wait to see if a person owned this, you sat down by it. After an half an hour of waiting, you got up and sat in it.

"Okay, now which button makes it go..."you asked yourself. You pressed a black button. The vehicle suddenly went up high in the shy. "WHOA!"you shouted. "Geez, good thing I'm away from the traffic,"you said relieved. "Now, which one of you makes this thing go?" You looked around.

You noticed that there was a small button on the handle bar next to your right hand, near your thumb. You pressed it, then released your thumb. It only moved for a second. This time, you kept your thumb on it. It was moving, but very slowly.

"Now, how do I make this go faster?" You looked at each button, trying to figure it out. As you were holding on to the handle bars, you twisted it forward a little. As you did, the vehicle went forward, faster. "Hey, I just figured this out." You twisted it again, and it went forward. "It will be a lot easier to look for Espio." You rode around in the traffic, looking for Espio below. However, you were being very careful not to hit anyother cars.

This was harder then you thought. Everyone looked the same. Actually, more like tiny ants moving around. You finally gave up riding the vehicle. You pushed the black button again. The vehicle quickly went above the ground, only a couple of inches away. You advanced to another blue sidewalk.

"I'm probably never going to find Espio..."you spoke saddly. You kept wandering, eventhough you had no clue where you were heading to.

As you were walking past a couple of shops, one had a clock. It said that it was 3:00pm. You didn't realize that you were lost for so long! Discouraged, you sat down on a bench. You set your elbows on your legs and sat your head down on your hands. You were starting to not like the city.

Your thoughts discontinued when you saw a shadow. You looked up and saw...

"ESPIO!!!"you shouted. You immediantly got up and almost knocked him down with a hug.

"Metallic, where did you go? I couldn't find you,"asked Espio, still holding you, since you were still holding him.

"I was fallowing you but someone else looked like you so I fallowed him. I got lost between all of the people,"you answered him. Espio nodded his head.

"Come on, I'll show the place that I was talking about. This time, hold my hand so you can keep up,"he said to you. You nodded your head and grabbed his hand.

+Later+

"It's gorgeous!"you exclaimed, amazed. The sight was absolutely magnificent. It was around 6:30pm, and you were looking at a beautiful sunset. It took a while to get here.

The mixed colors of orange, yellow, red, and gold blended perfect in the sky. The ocean water was blue, blended with a pale green and a bit of purple and pink. Cloud strolled by infront of the sun. The clouds became a mix of brown and gold. A couple of birds flew by.

"This is SeaSide Hill,"said Espio.

"I think it's beautiful,"you said back.

"I usually come here just to meditate or train,"explained Espio. You nodded your head. "Come on, we should get back to the others,"said Espio.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about them,"you said. You made a small laugh. "You know, I haven't been this happy since...I don't remember when,"you said. Espio smiled.