Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic X: Day of the Dragon ❯ Revenge is a dish best served Dragon Style ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The entire roof of the room was lifted, and then the room was filled with light.
 
“Wait a minute… Those are stadium lights!” said Chris.
 
Sonic and the others realized that they were in a giant outdoor stadium at the summit of the volcano. But even more shocking was the gigantic creature that came flying down from the sky.
 
“Sweet jumping jelly beans! What is that thing!?!” exclaimed Cream.
 
“I'm gonna say a Blue Eyes White Dragon on steroids.” said Sonic.
 
The dragon was about 30 feet tall, had two huge tusks, giant jagged claws, humongous spikes running down it's back, enormous wings, and big razor sharp teeth. But Chris was more focused on the two big scars across the dragon's eyes.
 
“Hello Thorndyke.”
 
“Oh my God! Damian!”
 
“Yes, thanks to my mutagen I have transformed into the all powerful dragon you see before you. It's a whole new me.”
 
“What do you want you maniac!?!”
 
“I thought that would be obvious Thorndyke. I want everything! I want the world in my clutches! But what I want most is revenge on the man who ruined my life's work! And I hope you don't mind, the whole world is watching!!!”
 
All across the world people's TV's flashed on.
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, boy's and girls, live from Dracul Island, it's the show that nobody wants to see, but everyone will watch… THE DEATH OF CHRISTOPHER THORNDYKE, FIANCE, AND FRIENDS!”
 
Damian's jaws opened wide and it seemed as though he was drawing energy from his surroundings and into his mouth, then he fired a giant blast of energy at Sonic and the others.
 
“DUCK!!!”
 
The big beam of energy flew over their heads like a shooting star.
 
“I'll take care of this.” said Knuckles.
 
“He's all yours.” said Tails.
 
Knuckles charged at Damian, leapt into the air and threw his fist forward.
 
“The bigger they are…”
 
Knuckles punched Damian with all his might, but Damian didn't even react to it. Knuckles on the other hand fell to the ground and yelled in pain.
 
“The more bones they break.” said Sonic.
 
“I anticipated your little animal friends were coming for your big day Thorndyke. But I didn't suspect they could beat the enhanced mutagen I used on those teenagers. But make no mistake, my latest mutagen gives me more than enough power to turn each and every one of them into road kill.”
 
“You sick son of a...”
 
“Don't you even call me rude things Thorndyke. After all you brought this on yourself the day you and your little toys ruined everything I worked so hard for. Instead of proclaiming me one of the greatest scientists of the time like they should have, they called me mad! Insane!!! First the government rejected me and my super soldier serum, then I was barred from the universities until I was forced to come here to conduct my research! Now it's payback time!”
 
Damian fired another blast of energy but Chris dodged it.
 
“Why? You turned my uncle and innocent teenagers into monsters… You kidnapped my fiancé… All over some stupid military contract!?!”
 
“You think this is just about the contract? You could never understand Thorndyke. You had everything handed to you for your entire life, I on the other hand had to work for what I had, all my life I had to claw my way to the top of the mountain, and then when I finally reached the top I was hurled back down by some spoiled brat! Now you and the rest of the world are going to pay!”
 
“… You are completely out of your mind.”
 
“So you think I'm insane for wanting to claim what's rightfully mine?”
 
“No, I think your insane for turning yourself into some kind of mutant monster, trapping us all on some island in the middle of no where, and trying to kill us all for your own selfish gain!”
 
“Pretty tough talker for such a big baby.”
 
“What did you call me?”
 
“You heard me… I know everything about you Thorndyke… About the hectic lifestyles of your parents… The same reason why you were so reluctant to let your little blue animal friend go home… And none of that has changed… Underneath all the body armor and gadgets you're just a sad little boy crying for mommy and daddy… It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic… Oh what the heck I'll laugh any way. AH HA HA HA!!!”
 
“You hypocrite… You are the lonely orphan boy with a criminal record.”
 
“Lonely orphan boy… You know how I got these scars? My father was a drunk who never did an honest days work in his life, and my mother was prostitute. One day when I was ten years old studying in our rat hole of a living room, my father comes up to me and says, WHY SO SERIOUS? I said because I didn't want to end up like him or mom, that I wanted something better for myself… He called me a smart aleck, and smacked me right in the face with a beer bottle… A few weeks after I got out of the hospital my parents where found dead in their bedroom with my father holding the gun that killed them both… They say my father killed my mother in a drunken rage and then killed himself… They never suspected that they were killed by their own ten year old son… HA HA HA HA HA!”
 
Chris fired several of his tranquilizer darts at Damian, but they bounced right off his skin.
 
“You'll have to do better then that Thorndyke… After all… Your life and the lives of your fiancé and friends are on the line!”
 
“Then I guess it's time to take it up a notch… Jacob reroute power to weapons!”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
“Try hard Thorndyke, I'll enjoy proving that my mutagen is far superior to any of your little tinker toys.”
 
“Well in that case… Try this on for size!”
 
A big blast of energy erupted from Chris' palm and hit Damian in the chest. Damian moaned and twitched in pain as the smell of burning flesh filled the arena.
 
“Well that was easy.” said Amy.
 
“I wouldn't be too sure of that.” said Tails.
 
Right before their eyes almost instantly the skin on Damian's chest started to heal and rejuvenate as if it had never been harmed at all.
 
“WHAT!?!” exclaimed Chris.
 
“Regeneration, one of the many new abilities I possess as a result of my mutagen. Sure I do have a little trouble getting a date on Saturday night, but let's face it Thorndyke, I've always been a freak… but now I'm a freak with dragon powers! And now I'm going to kill you with them!”
 
Damian fired another blast of energy at Chris and this time it hit him and sent him crashing to the ground.
 
“CHRIS!!!”
 
Chris got up on his knees. His suit had taken the blast, but he still felt like he was on fire.
 
“Don't tell me you're burned out already Thorndyke… I'm just getting warmed up!!!”
 
Damian's eyes started to glow, then two streams of energy shot from them and blasted Chris into the wall. Damian flew at Chris at full speed, but Chris fell down and ducked causing Damian to fly into the wall. Chris ran out under the dragon's hide and fired another blast at him. Damian shrieked in pain as the blast collided with his head. But his skin regenerated instantly. Then he swung his tail and knocked Chris all the way to the other side of the stadium and into the wall. Chris didn't get up.
 
“CHRIS!!!”
 
“That felt so good… but all good things must come to an end.”
 
Damian started to conjure another blast of energy, when suddenly…
 
“NO!!!”
 
Sonic tapped the power of the Chaos Emeralds and transformed into Super Sonic.
 
“GET AWAY FROM MY FRIEND YOU OVERGROWN HANDBAG!!!”
 
“Ah Sonic, I almost forgot you where here… You're every bit as famous as Thorndyke… It will show the superiority of my mutagen all the more when I turn you into road kill.”
 
“You talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Or all those dragon powers just for show?”
 
“Is this for show?”
 
Damian fired the blast of energy he had conjured for Chris at Sonic instead. But Sonic went into a spin dash and rolled straight through the blast and rammed hard into Damian's jaw.
 
“Aghh! I'll get you for that you freak!”
 
“I'm the freak?” said Sonic. “Have you looked in the mirror lately? By the way it looks like you'll be getting a visit from the tooth fairy tonight.”
 
“What?”
 
Damian looked down and saw that Sonic had knocked out some of his teeth. He felt some blood on his lips.
 
“That's it! No body makes me bleed my own blood!!!”
 
While Damian was distracted by Sonic, Helen and the others ran over to Chris.
 
“Chris! Chris speak to me!”
 
They removed Chris' helmet. He was breathing and he opened his eyes.
 
“Helen? Will you read me the story about the bunny?”
 
“I'm going to say that's the concussion talking.” said Amy.
 
“Is he going to be alright?” asked Cosmo.
 
“Jacob, damage assessment.”
 
“Dealt to the suit? Catastrophic. But Master Thorndyke will be fine.”
 
“About one hundred pounds of dragon going at about thirty miles an hour… Thank God for body armor.” said Tails.
 
“Guys?” said Chris coming to his senses. “What happened?”
 
“You nearly got killed by an overgrown dragon that's what happened.”
 
“You're starting to sound like my mom Helen… Hey, where's Sonic?”
 
“He's over there using the chaos emeralds to fight Damian.” said Cream.
 
Sonic was doing okay, but no matter how bad Damian got hurt he just kept healing himself by regenerating. After awhile Sonic just started dodging Damian's attacks hoping to tire him out.
 
“Up high, down low, too slow!”
 
“Even with the Chaos Emeralds Sonic can't beat Damian because he'll just keep healing himself.” thought Cosmo, “I wish there was something I could do… Wait a minute… Maybe there is.”
 
Cosmo's eyes started to glow.
 
“Cosmo, what are you doing?” asked Tails.
 
Cosmo didn't answer; she just stretched out her hands and said, “Dragons come to me.”
 
All the dragons that they had encountered on the island came into the arena and formed a circle around them.
 
“Its okay guys.” said Cosmo, “They're on our side now.”
 
“Oh right, mind control.” said Tails.
 
“With a power like that I'm just glad you're on our side.” said Knuckles.
 
Cosmo pointed at Damian and said, “Get Damian.”
 
All the dragon's Cosmo had summoned looked at Damian and their eyes started to glow as well.
 
“Get Damian… Get Damian…” they all said together.
 
All the dragons charged at Damian and started to attack together. But Damian was more than a match for them. Within ten minutes he had beaten or blasted them all into submission.
 
“Where's Godzilla when you need him?” thought Sonic, “Oh right, he lives somewhere in the sea around Japan, and we are somewhere down south in the Pacific Ocean.”
 
“Impressive, turning my own dragon's against me, but the mutagen in their bodies is nothing compared to the mutagen coursing through my veins.”
 
Suddenly everyone heard the sound of jet engines above.
 
“What!?!” exclaimed Damian.
 
“It's Danny!”
 
“Danny? That boy you and Helen used to go to school with?” asked Tails.
 
“Guess I forgot to mention that over the years he's become an Air Force pilot, and one of the best at that.” said Chris.
 
“Sir incoming transmission.”
 
“Patch it through Jacob.”
 
“Chris are you guys alright?”
 
“We're fine Danny. How did you find us?”
 
“Dracul there wasn't kidding when he said the whole world was watching him try to kill you, he has it on every channel.”
 
“Yeah well, he almost got his wish.”
 
“You guys just sit tight; we'll take it from here.”
 
Up in the sky they could see the approaching fighter jets.
 
“Eat lead lizard man!”
 
Damian was struck by a hailstorm of the incoming jet's gunfire.
 
“Finally, shot him down and shut him up.”
 
But Damian emerged from the smoke unscathed.
 
“WHAT!?!”
 
“You thought I wouldn't make my mutagen capable of making me able to withstand heavy gun fire? It wouldn't be much of a super soldier formula then would it?”
 
“Can nothing stop this thing?” said Sonic.
 
“Sir we are receiving another transmission… It's your Grandfather; he says he found a way to bring down the dragon.”
 
“Just a minute Jacob… Danny my Grandpa says he's found a way to beat this maniac… You and your men need to hold him off.”
 
“Okay Chris, we'll hold out as long as we can. Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine.”
 
“Okay… Jacob patch him through.”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
“Chris, I've found a weakness in the mutagen. It may give people awesome dragon powers, but there is one thing Damian Dracul has overlooked… It gives them a crippling weakness to electricity.”
 
“I don't suppose you have a taser somewhere on that suit of yours Chris?” asked Sonic.
 
“As a matter of fact I do. But I'm not sure it has anywhere near enough voltage to take down Damian.”
 
“Wait a minute, water conducts electricity right? And salt water is even more conductive due to its high sodium content.”
 
“Tails you're a genius!” said Cosmo.
 
“So if we get old dragon boy to take a sea bath, all we have to do is shoot him with Chris' taser.” said Amy.
 
“Something tells me he isn't about to do us any favors.” said Knuckles.
 
“That's okay.” said Tails “I've got a plan. Everyone back to the Typhoon!”
 
In the midst of the gunfire raining down on him Damian noticed that Thorndyke and the others were escaping.
 
“Where do you think you're going?”
 
And with that he flew off after them.
 
The Typhoon flew across the sea with Damian not far behind it.
 
“Arm the Sonic power cannon, turn the ship around, and pray to God.”
 
Damian started to conjure another blast of energy. Meanwhile Tails turned the ship around and yelled, “FIRE!”
 
Sonic shot out of the Sonic power cannon as Damian fired his blast of energy. With the power of the chaos emeralds Sonic spun right through it and struck Damian dead on knocking him into the sea. Damian came up back up within moments.
 
“HA HA HA HA HA! Have you learned nothing this entire evening? Are you not convinced that I'm invincible? Did you honestly think you could defeat me?”
 
“Actually we did.” said Sonic.
 
Sonic took aim with Chris' taser and fired.
 
“Oh boy…”
 
When the taser made contact Damian lit up like the forth of July. He screamed in pain as electricity danced all across his body. After about ten minutes of horrible agony the smoking dragon collapsed into the sea.
 
“Is he dead?” asked Cream.
 
They moved the Typhoon down to get closer look.
 
“He's…” Tails noticed that Damian was still breathing, “Out cold.”
 
“Danny, call your superiors and tell them to send over one of my containment force fields. We're going home.”