Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Gentle ❯ Chapter 6

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


Notes: Bet ya thought I forgot about this one...no such luck my dears. Anyhow, here we go!


Gentle
Chapter Six


She paced the floor, walking back and forth across the worn carpet. A shout came from outside the window. Approaching it, she crossed her arms on the sill and leaned forward. Chocolate and Carrot were playing in the snow. Both were bundled in heavy cloaks, gloves, and boots but still moving with grace and speed that betrayed their profession. Now they were in the midst of a snowball fight.

Chocolate managed to knock Carrot to the ground and before he had a chance to recover she was upon him. They wrestled for a few moments before it apparently got to friendly and Carrot sought refuge in the house. Tira laughed. It never changed between those two.

If only Gateau and Marron were so easy to figure out! She just didn't get that. Marron knew better, surely he did. And if he really wanted to stop Gateau, he had the power. So why didn't he?

It had been nearly two years ago when their relationship had become known. Okay, so become known was a bit of an understatement. Basically it had been an unlocked door and a nosy Chocolate. Caught in the act. Carrot had yelled and kicked Gateau out of the house and into the snow, an amazing feat. It had backfired when Marron threatened to leave the Hunters completely. Tira would always remember the mage packing a duffle bag and walking out. They hadn't seen him or Gateau for nearly a week after that.

Finally Milphey had returned dragging both of them with him, Momma apparently having gotten wind of the situation and refusing to let her Sorcerer Hunters make stupid decisions. The five of them were given simple orders to "work it out". And they had, eventually.

At that time, she had known what to do. She stuck by Marron, making pleas to Carrot to be kind, going between the two when they weren't speaking. Now though, she couldn't find her place in the situation and she refused to be a bystander.

~*~

They ate a silent dinner, a single candle burning away in the center of the small table. Marron got up to clear away the dishes but Gateau stopped him.

"Leave them."

Taking the mage's hand, he led him from the room. Leaving him to sit on the bed, Gateau disappeared. He returned just a moment later sans clothing. Climbing onto the bed, he knelt behind his lover, bringing his hands to the other's shoulder. Leaning forward, he bit gently at Marron's ear, watching pale hands fist in the sheets as the mage tried desperately to remain still.

"Don't be afraid," he whispered, "I won't hurt you"

All to soon he lay naked on the bed, Gateau's large body hovering over his. Warm hands ran over him, taunting and teasing.

"Open your eyes," Gateau ordered.

Marron hadn't realized they were closed so tightly. He did as he was told, seeing hurt on the other's face, an expression that hadn't been there in quite some time.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not going to hit you, no more Marron. Come on baby, touch me, please," he lifted Marron's hand to his lips for a gentle kiss before guiding it lower, asking again for what he wanted.

"I...I..."

"I love you. You believe that don't you?"

And he did.

~*~

Tira watched the sun rise against the foggy sky through the small kitchen window. In her hand she held a ripped piece of paper holding seven numbers written in Marron's fine script. The phone number. She wanted to call, needed to know, but just couldn't pick up the phone.

~*~

It took too much effort to lift his head from the pillow. Even laying on his stomach Marron could feel the pain in his back and shoulders. His long hair was tangled and matted, several strands clinging to his cheeks, crossing with the dried trails of tears. Bringing a hand from beneath the sheets he swiped harshly at his face.

Pushing himself up, he turned to sit with a wince. Then he saw it, there on the pillow beside him: a long stem red rose. Picking it up, he held it between his fingers, trying not to see the bite mark on one of them. The attached tag read simply "I love you."

He almost laughed. That's what Gateau always said. When he was smiling. When he was kissing. When he was hitting Marron again and again just to hear him scream. It would never change, and somewhere in his mind he knew that.

But what could he do? He couldn't leave. No one would ever have him after this. Gateau was his last chance for...for anything. And Marron did not run away.

~tbc~

Well, I'm between semesters so it isn't school taking up my time, but Ohayo Con is coming up and I'm been extra rushed to throw together an Omi costume, that and helping my significant other get an Aya one together. {sigh} No, I don't have any normal hobbies...