Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ The Decision Marron's POV ❯ Marron's POV ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
TITLE: The Decision
AUTHOR: Little ole me
EMAIL: wmj166@msn.com
WEB SITE:
RATING: R
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Sorcerer Hunters.
FEEDBACK: Hell yeah, uhm yes please.
DISTRIBUTION: Archive away
SPOILERS: none that I can think of.
SUMMARY: Marron has to make a difficult decision

* * *


Chapter 1

Marron's POV


Sitting on the beach, gazing out at the waves crashing on the shore, I thought how my life had changed, tears running down my face

I waited 'til I saw the sun
I don't know why I didn't come
I left you by the house of fun
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come

Me and Gateau had been talking for several months about this. He wanted to leave the team and form a new team with his and me. I didn't know what to do or think. He was so insistent that this was a good decision. He wanted to lead a team of his own. I knew he always hated having my niisan act as the leader of our team and I thought he had gotten over the jealousy issue since we had become lovers.

When I saw the break of day
I wished that I could fly away
Instead of kneeling in the sand
Catching teardrops in my hand

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

Sighing, grabbing a handful of sand, and tilting it, watched it trickle out through the spaces between my fingers. We started having little arguments about my unwillingness to leave, he accused me of not loving him, said I wasn't ready to cut the apron strings that tied me to Carrot.

Out across the endless sea
I would die in ecstasy
But I'll be a bag of bones
Driving down the road along

My heart is drenched in wine
But you'll be on my mind
Forever

I had asked Tira and Chocolate what I should do and all they would say was to follow your heart, like that would have help me. Every time I tried to asked Carrot what I should do, he'd always disappear on me. I got the message quickly after the third time he disappeared on me.

Gateau gave me an ultimatum last night, either I leave with them or we were through. If I didn't meet them by 10 am in the city, we were over.

Picking a seashell out of the sand, I threw it viciously into the sea, growling, "Stupid niisan. Always running away when I need his help." Pulling my legs up to my chest, I knew how unfair I was being but I couldn't help myself. I needed help in making a decision, Stay or Go. But he wouldn't help me. I figured out that by avoiding me, he was silently telling me that this was something I had to decided for myself.

Something has to make you run
I don't know why I didn't come
I feel as empty as a drum
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come
I don't know why I didn't come

Hearing someone walking over the sand, I asked "What time is it," turning around and stood looking into his eyes, hoping I had made the right decision.

"It's after 4 pm," my niisan said quietly, looking at me with an unreadable expression, before slow smile cross his face. It was like the sun had come out from behind dark, stormy clouds.

And looking into his bottomless eyes, sheer misery overcame, I suddenly knew why I couldn't go.

Gateau POV Next

* * *

Norah Jones "Don't Know Why"