Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ The Decision Marron's POV ❯ Gateau's POV ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
TITLE: The Decision
AUTHOR: Little ole me
EMAIL: wmj166@msn.com
WEB SITE:
RATING: R
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Sorcerer Hunters.
FEEDBACK: Hell yeah, uhm yes please.
DISTRIBUTION: Archive away
SPOILERS: none that I can think of.
SUMMARY: Marron has to make a difficult decision

* * *


Chapter 2

Gateau POV

Laying on the lonely bed in the hotel room, with only my sister to keep me company, I felt like kicking myself. I knew I shouldn't have forced this decision on him. I should have been content with the love he gave me, but NOOOO, I had to have it all, couldn't bare to share his attention with Carrot.

I heard he sang a lullaby
I heard he sang it from his heart
When I found out thought I would die
Because that lullaby was mine

I still don't see why everyone is so hung up on that stupid idiot. He's got two of the most beautiful girls I know chasing after him, yet he virtually ignores them, to chase after every pretty girl he sees. He acts so childish and irresponsible. Every time I think I'm making progress with Marron, somehow that foolish, childish brother of his comes along and ruins things for me.

I heard he sealed it with a kiss
He gently kissed her cherry lips

Marron was always constantly risking his life to save his stupid brother and I just couldn't understand it, that's one of the reasons why I wanted to leave. Every time Marron risked his life for Carrot, my heart would literally stop, I was so scared that someday he was going to die.

Surging to my feet, feeling myself grow angrier. How could he choose Carrot over me? It hurt, it really hurt that he refused to leave Carrot's side, what the hell kind of hold does he have over Marron, is what I needed to know, just in case I went back, I needed to figure out a way to combat the hold Carrot had on Marron.

I found that so hard to believe
Because his kiss belonged to me
How could an angel break my heart
Why didn't he catch my falling star
I wish I didn't wish so hard
Maybe I wished our love apart
How could an angel break my heart

There was a knock on the door, stalking angrily over is ripped it open to see my sister watching me with an unreadable expression. Happy now that there was someone I could take my anger out on, I snarled at her, "What do you want?"

"Can I come in," she asked and receiving my nod, she stepped through the door, making her way to the window and staring out of it. Curious now, I waited for her to speak.

"Did you know that Carrot is deathly afraid of water, yet he dived in to save Chocolate when they were about 8 years old, somehow managing to keep her afloat until help arrived?"


I heard her face was white as rain
Soft as a rose that blooms in May
He keeps her picture in a frame
And when he sleeps he calls her name
I wonder if she makes him smile
The way he used to smile at me
I hope she doesn't make him laugh
Because his laugh belongs to me

"Did you know that when Marron was 7 years old he was almost molested by one of their aunt's friends? Their aunt had locked Carrot in a closet, he somehow managed to pry the floorboards off and escaped. He stole food and blankets from the house, got all four of them out and trekked four miles home in the dark?

I stood there in stunned silence as she continued.

How could an angel break my heart
Why didn't he catch my falling star
I wish I didn't wish so hard
Maybe I wish our love apart
How could an angel break my heart

"Did you know that their parents frequently went on missions, leaving them alone, for months at a time. Since Carrot was the oldest, he had to be the responsible one, he had to take care of them, to make sure they were feed?" My sister continued, never turning around from the window.

Oh my soul is dying, it's crying
I'm trying to understand
Please help me

How could an angel break my heart
Why didn't he catch my falling star
I wish I didn't wish so hard
Maybe I wished our love apart
How could an angel break my heart

"Did you know, one time while in the woods, they were attacked. Carrot managed to get Chocolate and Marron into a tree, before stuffing Tira into a hollow and pressing in after her. There wasn't quite deep enough and he was badly wounded when the wolf tried to pull him out? It required 23 stitches to heal." Her voice was husky as she turned to face me.

"I've listened to you bitch for the last several days about Marron and Carrot. How Marron can do anything without Carrot's telling him what to do, how disgusted you are at how everyone is always fawning over Carrot. Have you ever sat down and actually talked to your teammates? Listen to them talk about their childhood? My god, Gateau, you were with them for almost two years and you don't know shit about your teammates," she yelled and I flinched, ashamed for the first time in a long while.

"I was only with you guys for two fucking months and I listened to them! You even sat there with me and you didn't hear a damn thing that they were saying, you were so busy ogling Marron!"

"I figured, since I was with the group, I should get to know my brother's teammates and understand why Marron was so hesitant to leave. You've been bitching and moaning about how childish Carrot is and why do they put up with him. If you had been paying attention you would have figured out that it's because he never had a fucking childhood! He was always taking care of them, protecting them, keeping them safe. They've worked hard to give him a chance to act childish, to act up the way he never could WHEN he was a child." She yelled again, backing me into the wall.

"You've been bitching about Carrot to Marron for so fucking long, constantly criticizing his brother, degrading him, the one that sacrificed so much for him, for them, what the hell did you think would happen," she asked me.

I had no answer and stared at the floor.

"You've been wishing so hard and trying to tear them apart, well congratulations, big brother, you've just wished your lover away," she said quietly and left.

She was right, I had wished our love apart.


Carrot's POV Next


* * *

Toni Braxton "How Could and Angel Break My Heart