Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ The Decision Marron's POV ❯ Carrot's POV ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
TITLE: The Decision
AUTHOR: Little ole me
EMAIL: wmj166@msn.com
WEB SITE:
RATING: R
DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Sorcerer Hunters.
FEEDBACK: Hell yeah, uhm yes please.
DISTRIBUTION: Archive away
SPOILERS: none that I can think of.
SUMMARY: Marron's has to make a decision


* * *
Chapter 3

Carrot's POV


"It's after 4 pm," I said, watching Marron, seeing the misery lurking deep in Marron's eyes, wondering if he regretted making the decision to stay. I wished I could wipe the look of misery from his beautiful eyes, but it's not my place to touch him, to want to hold him in my arms.

Every time Gateau and Marron began to argue, I quickly made my escape. I knew my brother a little too well, I knew that he would come looking for me to help him make this decision, no he wanted me to make the decision for him and I couldn't do that for him, to him. I've fought too long and too hard for him to be independent, to be strong and stand on his own two feet. Besides, I care too damn much about him to do that to him.

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face
And I've never been this swept away

I don't know when my feelings changed for him, from being brotherly to being something else, something I didn't even want to admit to myself. I just remember all of us lying under the warm summer night. A light breeze, cooling the air, the stars shining down on us and him lying next to me, feeling happy and content. He turned and smiled that amazing smile of his and my heart sorta flipped flopped in my chest and when he slid closer and rested his head on my chest, I thought I had died and gone to heaven and THAT thought just about blew my mind. Last time I checked, I wasn't gay and I sure as hell wasn't attracted to my BROTHER! He fell asleep like that and I laid awake a while longer, my hand resting over his heart, feeling like we were the only two people in the world.

All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

One of the reasons I've been avoiding him. I didn't ever want him to suspect me of lusting after him, because it's not lust that I feel for him. I pretty sure that I'm in love with him and for me love means wanting him to be happy no matter that I would feel like dying. Just to be near him makes me want to just touch him, to look at him and want him to feel for me the same as I feel for him, and praying that he never finds out. I feel an overwhelming sensation of being alive when he's near me, a hot rushing feeling. It's different from what I feel for Chocolate and Tira.

Cause I can feel you breathe
It's washing over me
And suddenly I'm melting into you
There's nothing left to prove

When they look at me, all they ever see is this kid that protected them and kept them safe when we were kids, they won't allow themselves to see ME, warts and all. But with Marron, it's different. He sees all of me, wart, blisters, cankersores and all. He reins me in when he sees me getting out of control, all it takes is a look from him. I don't have to prove to him that I'm brave, I don't have to pretend that I'm intelligent or anything. He loves me for who I am, I don't have to be anything but ME with him.

When all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
Slow and steady rush
Baby, isn't that the way that love's suppose to be
I can feel you breathe

It took me a while to figure that out, why he didn't react like the girls whenever I did something stupid. Sometimes I would do things just to get a reaction out of him to see if he would still continue to love me and to my continuing amazement he did, silently letting me know that he would always love me no matter what.

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
Closer than I've ever felt before
And I know, and you know
There's no need for words right now

I've finally realized that he's a part of me in a way no one else will ever be, that no one else can be. He makes me feel as if I could do anything and I think that's part of the reason why I love him so much.

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way

TBC in Chapter 4 Resolution

* * *

Faith Hill "Breathe"