Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ About A Girl ❯ Ghost Town Comes To Life ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
what seemed an eternity, Chihiro came back to earth with a thud. Startled she hesitantly looked around she let out a relieved breath when she found the source for the noise that had made her jump; a train whistled cutting the air with a loud shriek before whizzing into the unknown. Chihiro smiled sadly at the concept of the train ‘Well wherever you’re going, take me with, because I’m certainly not needed.’ She closed her eyes letting the breeze ruffle her chocolate locks carelessly. Chihiro imagined being in a fairytale, childish it may seem but it was very realistic, one of her re-occurring ones she used to have when she was young about her and this boy who saved her once, the same type of setting a forest overlooking a pond where he promised they’d meet again. Feeling foolish she blushed and her eyes snapped open, was it her or her imagination she could’ve sworn a minute ago it was a wonderful peach and rose sunset? And the wind had turned chilly. She looked towards the town which now surprisingly was lit with multicoloured lantern’s and streaming banners everything one-by-one was lighting up slowly but there was not even one soul standing out here. She shivered and felt the hairs on the back of her neck prick up, her eyes were deceiving her so she chose to go with her 2nd instinct science, amazingly her teachers said she was really good, she loved it. ‘She thought of a great conclusion, the lights obviously if there’s a train station below us then there’s electricity in this town, it just uses parallel circuits!’ She reassured herself and then looked up to the dark jet black sky which was ripped with hellish purple clouds; she shuddered ‘no stars? But we’re in the countryside there’s supposed to be less pollution, what a rip-off!’ she turned to survey the Bath house. When she suppressed a scream, blushing ferociously she had clutched the front of her extremely loose t-shirt which reached up to her knobbly knees in which you could see just a peek of her orange shorts under her knees which were also baggy thanks to her thin structure. Two piercing green emerald eyes glared at her in the shadows, her breathing quickened she couldn’t break her gaze from this-this thing or whatever. Suddenly two feet stepped into the light of the lanterns which had chosen to light at that precise moment, the light of them shone brightly into her brown eyes which had stung as she’d been deprived of the light. After a while it stopped and Chihiro lowered her hands from rubbing her eyes. Her skipped a beat as she locked eyes with this amazingly gorgeous boy, she blushed softly as he glared, He had a brown hair, straight cut which sloped like silk below his ears. Strange aura around him but he was dressed in ancient Japanese wear he was wearing sandals, he looked like a warrior. ‘Wow, he has the perfect glare’ she thought shaking her head, she was losing a mental battle with her head, she cursed herself. ‘Geez, you see 1 boy and your whole system turns to jelly.’ She tried to regain her senses ‘Try and talk’. “Uh- Why are you looking at me like that” she regained her stamina and equal ground ‘I’m no pushover, yeah go show him.’
“Go, Now! Get off the bridge” the boy replied quite rudely. Chihiro despite his looks once insulted she fought back. “Who are you to tell me what to do” she inquired, raising an eyebrow the boy came towards her in long strides, only now she noticed he looked a few years older than her. ‘Oh Gods!’ she thought and cowered what if he hits me, what if…NO!
Chihiro was thinking beyond getting beaten to a pulp what if he-was psychotic killer? Or he could be a rapist?!’
She was being lightly pushed she was about push him back because she was provoked but then the fear came back and she found her body turning to go.
All she heard was “I’ll hold them off!” her feet were doing the running for her as she looked back she saw him blow something like translucent glass in the chilled air with held them in slow motion.
She ran towards the town, was she going mad? She could hear voices and see no-one just blurs so she slowed down and almost instantly saw black shadows surround her ‘souls and ghosts’ she breathed unsteadily terror mounted onto her she screamed one that sliced the chillingly eerie silence she heard a creak and turned to see a big Ferris wheel going off by itself and heard children laughing.
‘Oh, I take back what I thought about having a fairytale this ones turned into a nightmare!’ She helplessly ran to her parents surprised by her courage to find the only people who she cared about in her life in such a crisis…even if they were the ones who got her into it.
She dodged more of these and ran to where she left them.
“Mum, Dad!” She outstretched to get a wavering hand to touch her father but something wasn’t right she sensed it. She called out again and this time the snorts and continuation of eating got her scared. She willed the thought away desperately shaking her head whilst tears sprang to her eyes as her fear was revealed; one of the spirits slapped her father square in the face. He fell back as his stool snapped, breaking the ancient wood into small splinters which one struck her cheek, she flinched not from the graze bleeding but from what she saw, they were pigs. Shaking from disbelief she turned and ran wildly and blindly as tears clouded her unwilling eyes she ran to the bottom of the bridge where she was surprised she didn’t drop instead she splashed into ice cold water? Greatly confused she jumped out. She fell back onto the bank. Her eyes wild she stared at into the terrifying dark now thick a light was coming slowly but surely crossing the water it became visible a big boat draped with banners and fireflies gave the dark a contrasting glow. ‘Now what’ she thought bitterly. She put her hand to her mouth but to her shock couldn’t feel anything she disappearing before her very eyes! “This can’t happen she squeaked in horror.
As the ghastly ‘ghost boat’ docked she got up the door opened and out came these stocky spirits with red and purple capes all charging towards her. She cried out and ran into a thicket of bushes, she was a strong character and never cried usually she thought only the weak should she was sturdy, loud-mouthed and had a heart too, she felt disgrace and shame wash over her aching body and struck with numb reality, she stuck by herself in a Ghost Town and no-one could save her. She cried into her arms which were faint, she was disappearing and hugged herself if only she could go back to make things right.