Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ About A Girl ❯ Friend Or Foe? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

His senses lead him to her, her aura was very distressed and right now both mentally and physically weak, he’d also been able to hear her screams and wails from quite some distance. He had commanded her to keep quiet but guessed she probably didn’t hear him since she shot off so quickly. The way she looked at him was interesting? She’d gone very pink, she is equipped with a very sharp tongue. He also thought of how much she’d grown, from when she was young. A pretty lively being although she was only 3 he could see her very clearly.
‘Chihiro’ She’d probably forgotten him. He always remembered the ending…
~ Flashback~
“You promise?’’
her little hand grabbed his palm with a strength which took him by surprise, her eyes lit up and she giggled at his shock.
“Promise, we’re friends forever” He smiled at the young girl and unwillingly put her to sleep and erased her memory. He lay her down and drifted back to where he belonged although the moment he left her he felt lonely as he knew he would be until the day the met again.
~End Of Flashback~

He now silently approached the hiding place where she had enclosed
Herself, hearing her cry made him uncomfortable as if it were him as if she was apart of him. He shook himself and opened the thicket of bushes which had grazed her arms which were now translucent.Her head was still bent low.

Chihiro felt an arm on her shoulder, she looked up sorrowfully to see the boy she had seen earlier except his time he wasn’t glaring he looked quite sympathetic and strangely it was comforting.
“Listen, you’ve got to eat something from this world to cure you.” He looked straight into her eyes, his deep voice penetrating the thick night air in a whisper. She stared at him in disbelief! Of all people she had to be left with- him? She shook her head and she looked at his hand he was clutching something, suddenly she panicked, she tried to struggle against him but his strength was no match for her own. “No! I-I don’t want to turn into a pig!” she cried out. “You won’t just eat-” He stopped she tried to slap his face and she saw her hand pass through him like a hologram not even a strand of his hair moved. He stuffed the little red berry in her mouth. “Chew and swallow” he observed her closely. Thoughts flashed through her head ‘what he’s drugging me?! Mum always said don’t eat from strangers but she had no choice, she was stuck with one. She closed her eyes and did as she was told and willed those thoughts away ‘great, you want anything worse to happen? You’ve already half-scared your self to death today!’ her conscious was right she stopped and opened her eyes wearily. Suddenly a burning, hot sensation placed itself on the tip of her tongue as if she’d poured scalding hot tea and hot chilli pepper sauce down her throat. Chihiro looked up to see the boy smiling at her… ‘BAKA!’ she cursed in her head she mistook him completely and in return he held up his hand to touch hers she pretended to touch his hand and then gave him a big blow on his cheek. She smiled back as he turned his head very slowly and threw her a murderous glance, she whimpered as the blood drained from his face and he jumped in front of her crouching as if on look out. Chihiro now wish she hadn’t done what she did, he deserved it though. “Why did you do that for?” he said his lean back towards her, he sounded menacingly calm. “Well-I-uh was checking if my arm was back” she stuttered and strangely she felt a blush rise to her cheeks. “I offered you my hand” he said quietly. “Well you shouldn’t have given me that trick berry” she protested levelly eyeing his reaction.
“The berry is supposed to do that” he said with a tone of finality.
“Uh-oh…” she trailed finally speechless, he turned towards her his face basked in the moonlight making his skin look as smooth as milk. She found herself staring and looked away embarrassed, he cleared the silence before them. “They are looking for you.” in the sky she saw an ugly bird with the face of an old woman flying and giving out a cold-blooded screech. She shivered and unexpectedly took hold of his arm ‘he’s so cold’ she thought. He got up and took both of her hands to pull her up. She started blushing “I can’t get up, I- I’m stuck-”
He crouched down and she took a sharp intake of breath as his hand hovered across her legs, sending a warm tingly sensation through, Chihiro wasn’t sure whether it was him or whether her teenage hormones because she cursed in her head ‘Stupid Hormones!’.
“In the name of the wind and the water within thee... Unbind her!” he muttered and with a relentless tug of her hands, they were off sprinting into the gloomy starless night.
Chihiro clutched his hand for dear life ‘is he an athlete?’ she could’ve sworn they were magically flying…walking through the air.
He glanced back at her. Himself feeling no strain of pulling the both of into his stride, she seemed to be tiring? So as quickly as he could he turned a corner she was nearly flung out of his grip as they neared the bottom of the bridge which seemed alive with the roaming dead.