Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Courage of the spirit ❯ Possibilities ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N) Ok next instalment. Had a tough time with this typing up but sticking at it! Again I have a strong idea were I want this story to go, so bear with me it's not all doom and gloom. Watch out for the tricky time line in this one.

So many people are reading this I can't believe it!

 

Disclaimer I don't so don't

 

Possibilities

           

Chihiro was exhausted and upset. Things, as usual where not going according to plan. She closed her eyes and tried not to think about the last few hours.

"It's not my fault", she thought "I'm a freak and that's an end to it." She looked up at the picture above her bed.

"This is all your fault" she snapped at it.

"No it wasn't" said the nasty little voice "It was not his fault you accidentally stumbled into his world and he had to help you. Your problem is that you fell in love with his world and now nothing goes right because you don't want to be here."

"Shut up" she yelled and then realised she was yelling at herself.

"Another problem" continued the voice "is that you don't like who you've become, what happened to the little girl who stood up to Yubaba and survived"

"She died" whispered Chihiro

"Maybe" the voice continued "It's time to resurrect her and deal with the consequences, your not happy that's why you acted the way you did tonight." Chihiro shuddered, he had been so angry.

            The day had started wonderfully, massages and relaxing mud baths. She had had her hair done into ringlets; her skin had been pampered and polished until it gleamed in appreciation. Chihiro had enjoyed herself, Linca and she had chatted through the whole day.

"This is the life, we should do this more often." Linca leaned back in the hot tub.

"We are also spending an obscene amount of money."

"Rubbish" sighed Linca "its all for a good cause"

"Attracting men" laughed Chihiro

"Exactly" Linca stretched "You're a fast learner. Now..." she sat up "I think we should go for the colonic irrigation next"

"Sure" Chihiro shrugged. There was a long silence and then the girls burst out laughing.

Earlier that Day she had bought her dress. The dress Linca and she had picked out was black satin with white satin straps it hugged her figure and made her feel a bit uncomfortable but she took it because Linca pointed out.

"It is below the knees and is high cut at the bust it shows nothing except your figure." She had reached up to take her hair down, but Chihiro had pulled away.

"What" asked Linca "I was just going to take your hair down."

"I'll do it" said Chihiro removing the purple band in her hair and placing it around her wrist. She hated anyone touching it. Over the years it had never worn and looked just like it did 10 years ago. She hardly ever took it off. Her hair came down and she looked at herself in the mirror. She could hardly believe it was her.

"You see" said Linca

"Yes" was all she said. Linca lent forward and kissed her on the cheek.

"Welcome back" she whispered.

 

Scott had picked her up at eight on the dot.

"Wow" he said when he saw her.

"Ditto I think" she said looking at him. He was in full highland dress complete with those knives (Durks) and a sporran on the front of his Kilt was finished with Hammered silver as was his belt buckle. He did look very handsome and yes she blushed when she looked at the dimples in his knees.

"Curse you Linca" She mumbled.

            So she Linca Scott and Hans or Fritz Lincas latest conquest all packed into a taxi and went to the overseas student's hall. Scott helped Chihiro out of the car and took her arm. The union building was a concrete structure but inside it was styled as a European Opera house with fake plaster balconies and a chandelier.

"What do you think?" asked Scott

"It's wonderful" she breathed. He took her hand.

"Come on lets get a drink" The punch was supposed to be alcohol free but during the night Chihiro witnessed three bottles of whisky and two of sake and one bottle of Lincas best Vodka being tipped into it."

            By the time she had her second glass she could feel the heat in her face. When the dancing started Chihiro was horrified. It was a waltz, a waltz! Who did that any more? Scott placed a hand on her back to guide her to the dance floor.

"Come on" he said she resisted.

"I don't know how" he laughed

"I'll show you as best I can" he replied. So they stood together on the floor. Scott took her hand in his and put his other hand on her waist and pulled her closer.

"Now the trick is not to look at your feet, listen to the beat and follow my lead. Ok 1…2…3, 1…2…3." Soon under his guidance she was whirling around the room.

             After a third glass of punch Chihiro knew she was getting drunk. Scott had drunk more than her but seemed not affected. Well he was Scottish they always drank lots of whisky there and ate all the bad bits of the cow and fried things, well nearly everything, and just what was a haggis?

            Despite what Scott said about being a less than expert dancer, he was very good. He guided Chihiro around the floor to all the old fashioned dances. He was the perfect gentleman, polite, kind and very attentive. However, even as the alcohol warmed her, she could not completely let go.

            Linca cornered her in the toilets.

"Well girl looks like your not going to get much sleep tonight!"

"What?" said Chihiro

"I saw the way he was looking at you, the man is smitten and planning the wedding in a Scottish castle and naming your 6 sons." Chihiro just gaped at her.

"No" she finally said "he's just a nice guy."

"That man wants you, its plain for all to see" stated Linca "The only thing you have to decide is how long to keep him waiting." Linca left the bathroom without another word. Chihiro bit her lip. What did Linca expect of her? She could tell that her friend was only looking out for her, and trying to get her involved with her group but Chihiro had never wanted that sort of thing. Was she seeing this man because Linca wanted her to or because she wanted to?

"You know the answer to that" said the annoying voice. The hair band which was still on her wrist burned.

 

Scott took Chihiro back to the dorms, and walked her to her room. All the girls who were still up stared at the handsome strangely dressed man. She stopped in the corridor at her door and smiled at him.

"Thank you Scott I had a good time." He smiled too

"So did I let's do something together again some time…are you free tomorrow?" Chihiro genuinely did laugh at this and looked up into his big blue eyes and knew she had made a mistake in doing so. It was the way he was looking at her, his eyes were soft almost dreamy, but in their depths she saw what Linca was talking about. Want.

Without a word he lent forward and placed a hand on her back and drew her to him. She felt his warm breath on her face it smelt of punch and something else but it was pleasant. His lips touched hers, gently at first as if testing her reaction and then kissed her more deeply pulling her tight against him. All of a sudden she jerked in his arms, the band on her wrist burned. The next thing she knew Scott was lying up against the wall panting. She blinked as her mind caught up with it all, she had pushed him. It was not something she had even contemplated doing she had been too shocked by his kiss to think of anything. Yet she had almost convulsed in his arms and pushed him in the stomach.

Scott groaned his hand to his stomach; his head had smacked the wall as well. She went to him.

"Scott I'm so sorry" she went to pull him up but he yanked his arm away from her.

"What the hell did you do that for" His blue eyes were icy and angry, he stood.

"I don't know" she mumbled "it just happened I'm so sorry…"

"Yes well so am I. You know people warned me about you they said…" Chihiro's mouth dropped open suddenly she was furious.

"What people?" she snapped "If you had any doubts about me why did you ask me out? I'm sorry I pushed you I don't even know why I did but if you think I'm mad maybe it's better for you not to see me again, I would not want to sully your reputation!" She walked to her door.

"Wait" he gasped "Please" She stopped and turned around.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault, I gave you no warning that I was going to kiss you. I was too bold and things are different here…I guess you work out because you punch like you know how."

"Punch?" she whispered.

"Yes" he said "You punched me in the stomach."

"I…I don't remember" She had punched him? She looked at her right hand the knuckles were skinned and bleeding where she had hit his belt buckle.

"Chihiro are you Ok?" He was concerned now

"I think I drank too much" she mumbled "I better go"

"Chihiro" he called as she opened her door. "I kissed you because I like you, I like you allot. I hope we can start again."

"Goodnight Scott" she whispered and went into her room closing the door on him and his confused face.

            She ripped her dress off and chucked it at the picture.

"I hate you!" she screamed "You're ruining my life!" She then flung herself on the bed.