Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ The Other World ❯ Werewolf?? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Spirited Away.....But I'm saving up.....
 
DS: ^_____^YAAAAAY!!!!! I accually got a review!!! *sniff* I'm so happy.....
Anyway, some H/C romance was requested. Yes, beleive me, what would this story BE if that weren't coming up?^_^ But maybe in the next chapter(if I get some reviews).....I'm still building up.....
Heh, in the words of one of the authors on here, who wrote a magnificant Yugioh fancfic but I'm not saying her name....."PLOT CONSTRUCTION!!!" Heehee..^_^
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Chihiro! You're going to be late!” Mrs. Ogino called up from the kitchen, hands cupped to her mouth.
Chihiro bolted upright. How had she fallen asleep again? She checked her clock. 8:45?! Chihiro twisted out of her sheets. She struggled into her spare uniform, tripping as she shoved her schoolbooks into a bag. Scolding herself, she bounded down the stairs while combing her hair and ran into the kitchen. She dropped the hairbrush and grabbed a banana, putting on her helmet as she called a rushed good-bye to her parents and breezed out the door.
She grabbed her new bike from the side of the house - royal blue with tiny lightning designs - and started to pedal down the road toward school. Chihiro took her feet off the pedals and let them spin freely, whizzing down the hill at top speed. She took a deep breath and started to relax.
Then she remembered earlier that morning. What had happened? She shivered. What was that noise she had heard? It couldn't have been a frog…could it?
Chihiro took a sharp turn around a corner at the bottom of the hill. She passed several nice, normal stores. This town didn't have anything unusual about it except the path, and that tunnel. Chihiro then noticed she was gaining on three other girls walking to her school.
She recognized one girl who lived three houses away from her. The girl's jet-black hair fell to her waist; Chihiro never saw her put it up. She had bright, gold-green eyes like gemstones. She'd be really pretty if she'd only smile once in a while. Instead, she'd always look moody or sad or just plain bored. Chihiro had never really met her. She'd only seen her at school; the other times the girl retreated into her house. Chihiro never saw her come out. She didn't know her name for sure, but she'd heard their teacher call her `Mika' or something.
The second girl was one from class: Kimi Morokuna. She thought herself the prettiest girl in school. She was also the flirtiest, most hyper gossip-gobbler Chihiro had ever known. With her platinum-dyed hair that curled in little loops down to her shoulders she looked almost the picture of innocence, but her piercing acid-green eyes and sharp ears gave her the advantage of catching every snippet of new information that came her way.
The last girl was Sakura, who turned and waved, smiling at Chihiro. Sakura had deep brown eyes and choppy, dark brown hair that fell just past her shoulder blades. She was quiet around strangers, but pretty talkative when she had something to say. The fiction-junkie of a girl loved all the myths, legends, fantasy and horror stories that came her way.
Kimi waved ecstatically. Apparently she had just heard something new, and wanted to share it with as many people as possible. When Chihiro caught up, she slowed to their pace and rode beside them.
“Chihiro!!!!” Kimi greeted her like she was al long-lost best friend. “Guess what, guess what, just GUESS what I have to tell you!”
Sakura smirked and rolled her eyes behind Kimi's back.
“Well, I was right outside that library last night…y'know, the one closer to your Hill…” Kimi continued without an answer. “…and I was just taking a look inside, to you know, see if there were any books I could use to, you know, like, study.”
Yeah, right, Chihiro thought. You were probably just spying on some boys you saw. She looked at Sakura for confirmation, who nodded.
“…and I was like, `Omigosh, is that kid ACTUALLY gonna steal that book?' and just when I was gonna like, go in and report him or something, I heard this weird noise from behind me. I mean, it was like, some kind of wild animal or something! Like all howly…yeah, a long freaky howl!”
Chihiro saw Mika's head come up from where she had been staring at the ground a little ways from them. Mika turned her gaze to their direction and stared at Kimi.
“…and I'm almost certain it was coming from your Hill. I mean, I just KNEW there was something wrong about that place. There's gotta be like, some kind of rabid wild animal up there, Chihiro!”
“Well, it is a forest, with like,” Chihiro mimicked Kimi's voice, “animals in it.”
“Well, yeah, DUH, but Chi-hi-rooooo!!” Kimi was getting slightly whiney at this point. “It'll be dangerous with something awful and man-eating up there like…a wolf or…”
“…A Werewolf?” Sakura laughed.
Both Kimi and Mika looked sharply at her.
“What? What'd I say?”
“Yeah, that's it!” Kimi squealed triumphantly. “Chihiro, you've got a Werewolf on your Hill!”
“A Werewolf?” Chihiro laughed. “Yeah, right. Like we've got the Boogy-Man up there, too, and Casper visits at Christmas.”
Kimi's looked at her, bug-eyed.
“Hey, I was just joking, okay?” Chihiro laughed again, but saw Mika put her head back down and pick up her pace, walking quickly away from them. Nadeshiko Junior High was up ahead.
“Like, what's with her?” Kimi was obviously insulted. “She hasn't even said anything this entire time.”
“She probably doesn't know anyone, and wants to get to class.” Sakura suggested, watching Mika go. “And that's what we should do, too!”
Chihiro parked her bike and locked it, walking in with Sakura. Kimi had been ambushed by her gaggle of followers, who were now hanging onto her every word about Werewolves on the Hill.
Chihiro shook her head. Sheesh, they'd believe anything!
 
By the time that lunch was over, everyone in the eighth grade knew about the supposed `Werewolf' in West Forest. They were all bombarding Chihiro with questions.
“Have you actually seen it?”
“Is there REALLY a Werewolf?”
“Have you talked to it?”
“Can it talk?”
“Has it attacked you?”
“Has it BITTEN you?”
“Are YOU the Werewolf?”
“Can I pet it?”
“Can you take a picture, or will it melt if you do?”
“Are you gonna keep it up there?”
“THERE IS NO WEREWOLF!!!!” Chihiro finally shouted over the crowd of classmates. “NO WEREWOLF!” They all hushed. “none whatsoever, got it?! Probably just another NORMAL wolf.”
Chihiro stalked away from the gaping blob of kids, fuming.
 
After school, Sakura picked up her bike and rode to the bookstore/ice-cream parlor with Chihiro. This was their favorite spot to go, not only for privacy, but because it was between several other small old shops at the edge of town that they could look into. It also had a great view of the West Forest from its large bay windows.
The two grabbed some ice-cream and went to their usual two-chair table next to the windows.
“What do you think'll become of that Werewolf story going around?” Sakura asked as she took a spoonful; of her chocolate-mint scoop. “No thanks to me, of course.”
Chihiro licked her cookie-dough ice-cream, thinking. “Hopefully people aren't that thick. Who would believe in a real Werewolf up there?”
Sakura grinned. “Who would believe in a spirit bathhouse and a really hot dragon-slash-river god?”
Chihiro grinned back, blushing only the slightest bit.
“Are you ever going to go back to him? Or at LEAST show me that tunnel?” Sakura was a fanatic for happy endings and a hopeless romantic. This `Haku' guy Chihiro raved about seemed like a dream come true. The thing Sakura wanted most now was for Chihiro to find him and live `happily ever after.'
Chihiro thought she just read too many fantasy books; saw too many Disney movies.
“Hey, Mickey Mouse totally rocks!” Sakura had protested when Chihiro teased her about it.
“I…really don't know.” Chihiro answered. “..If he's still there, or if he'll even remember me.”
“He has to! I'm tellin' you, Chihiro, it's `Love at First Sight'!”
“I still say you read too many happy fantasies.”
“I can hope, can't I?”
“Disney's brainwashed you.”
“Oh, shush. You still haven't answered my question. When will you show me?”
Chihiro hesitated there. Should she tell Sakura what she had done this morning? She still had that picture in her room…
“I think I can show you a photo. I…I went back…you know, just to see if it was still there - ”
“You did??” Sakura's face lit up. “When?! Was it there? Well, of course it was if you have a picture!” She jumped up, now ecstatic. “Can we go to your house now so I can see it?”
Chihiro grinned. “Sure, c'mon…”
As the girls peddled up the hill, a lone figure hid by the side of the road, watching…
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
DS: Writing the next one! Thanks again sooooo much for the review! But I promised I wouldn't upload a chapter without at least ONE review for the last one, so......clicky da button dat says, "Write a Review"!! ^_^ Thank, you come again....