Spyro Fan Fiction ❯ A Turbulent Life ❯ The Secret ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I got the idea for this story after I played and beat Spyro: Shadow Legacy for the Nintendo DS.  It was actually a spoiler for me because I didn't play A Hero's Tail until a few weeks after I won a PS2 from my New Year's vacation in Vegas so I didn't know that Red was the bad guy at first.  This story is a continuation to Shadow Legacy, but is also a little AU.  Even though this story will have parts of the Spyro Trilogy for PSone and Enter the Dragonfly for PS2, I still recommend that you play Shadow Legacy because it will help you understand this story better.

' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                            Chapter 1: The Secret

It has been a year since the Sorcerer's defeat.  Things have slowly but surely returned to normal for the citizens of the Dragon Worlds, Avalar and the Forgotten Worlds.  One of the best things that happened for everyone was Red's reconciliation.  After reconciling with the others, Red had worked hard and achieved the status of Dragon Elder once again.  There had still been some friction between him and Titan for a while because Titan didn't forgive Red as quickly as the others.  But Titan had eventually gotten over his anger and finally forgave Red.  They had become very good friends again.  They were currently having a conversation.

"You haven't told Spyro about your family tie to him.  Don't you think you should?  It has been a year since the incident with the Sorcerer and about two and a half years since the Dark Gem incident," Titan said.  'You should be the one to tell Spyro that he's your son,' he secretly added.

"I know Titan.  I just don't feel ready to tell him yet," Red said.  He looked out the window of Titan's house and saw Spyro happily playing with Ember and Flame.  He smiled at seeing just how happy Spyro was.  'I wish that she and I can be like that.  We would've been like that if I hadn't been so foolish back then,' he thought before turning his attention back to Titan.

"I have a sinking feeling that Spyro will find out in a way that we won't expect," Titan said.

"Let's hope you're feeling is wrong," Red said.

What neither of them knew was that Titan would end up being right.  Meanwhile, Spyro continued playing with Ember and Flame.  They were playing Hide and Seek, and Spyro was the seeker.  He counted to twenty before going out to look for his two fellow little friends.  He saw a bright red tail sticking out from behind a boulder.  He quietly made his way to the boulder.  He didn't make a sound as he continued to come up behind Flame.  He was soon right behind Flame.

"Gotcha, you're it" he said, tagging Flame.

Flame jumped at the sudden voice and felt a paw touch him.  He looked behind and saw Spyro.  He smiled.  "You got me," he said before heading back to the tree that Spyro used his flame breath to mark as base.

Spyro followed close behind.  When they arrived at the tree, Ember was already there.  Ember knew that Spyro got Flame just by the look on Spyro's face.  The three friends were about to go another round when a familiar figure came by.  Spyro looked up and smiled at his cheetah friend.

"Hey Hunter," Spyro said.

"Hey pal," Hunter said.  "Looks like I'm missing out on all the fun."

"You can join us if you want.   Flame's it," Ember said.

"Thank you.  Don't mind if I do," Hunter said before he and Ember looked for a place to hide.

Spyro was about to look for a place to hide when he thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye.  He whipped around but saw nothing.  'I could've sworn I saw something,' he thought.

"Aren't you going to hide?" Flame asked.

"Huh?  Oh...yeah," Spyro responded before looking for a place to hide.  Something came into his peripheral vision again.  He looked around again to see nothing.  This time, he went in the direction where he now knew he saw something.  He took every step cautiously.  He kept seeing something whiz  by, as if it was leading him somewhere.

Hunter, Flame and Ember had no idea that Spyro was no longer playing Hide and Seek since they couldn't see him.  When an hour passed, they assumed that he decided to head back to the inn at Dragon Shores.  They continued playing though.  No one knew where Spyro had wandered off.

An hour later, Sparx came by and saw Hunter, Flame and Ember taking a rest.  He had been looking for Spyro  for about three hours now.  "Hey, have you guys seen Spyro?" he asked.

"We thought he went back to the inn," Hunter responded.

"That's where I just came from.  He's not there," Sparx said.

Hunter, Ember and Flame were now confused.  They had no idea where Spyro went.

"Then where could he be?" Flame asked.

"I don't know.  But I don't like the feeling I'm getting," Hunter responded.

"You don't think he's in trouble do you?" Ember asked.  She was now very worried.

"He could very well be," Hunter responded.

"Let's go tell the Elders," Sparx said.

Meanwhile, Spyro was very lost.  He really didn't keep track of where he was going and now had no idea how to get back home.  He was in a dark forest.  Although the sun is still out, none of its rays seemed to penetrate through the darkness.  The speedy figure that he kept barely seeing was long gone now.

"I wish I knew where I was," Spyro said.  "Maybe coming out here wasn't such a good idea after all."  He continued on nevertheless.

Suddenly, dark vines came up from out of the ground and wrapped themselves around his legs.  He tried to lift his legs, but the vines held strong.  He couldn't move his legs an inch.  He tried his flame breath, but it had no effect on the vines.  The vines could burn; it's just that his flame breath wasn't strong enough.
      
Suddenly, Spyro began to feel weak.  That was because the vines were now draining him of his energy.  He was now fighting to stay conscious.  But that was definitely a losing battle.  Spyro felt himself losing consciousness as the vines continued to drain him of his energy.  He thought he saw a large stream of fire striking one of the vines holding him captive before completely blacking out.

The vine holding Spyro's rear right leg gave an inhuman shriek as it burned away.  The other three vines soon had their own fiery end.  Red landed next to Spyro.  He squatted down before picking Spyro up and standing back up.  Spyro weakly opened his eyes upon feeling the movement and saw a blurred version of something that was red.

"Just hold on Spyro.  We're going back to the Dragon World," was all he heard before blacking out again.

Red quickly took to the air, heading to the Dragon Dojo.  He could sense just how weak Spyro was.  'It's a good thing I followed him.  Those were parasite vines.  It looks like my old foe Misteria is back,' he thought.  He looked down at his unconscious son.  "I'll do all I can to protect you from her," he said before looking ahead again.

Meanwhile, the others were at the dojo.  They anxiously wated for Red to return.  They all hoped that he found Spyro.

"I hope that Red happened to see Spyro," Titan said.

"Why do you think Spyro wandered off anyway?" Hunter asked.

"Maybe he saw something," Bianca suggested.

"I just hope he's all right," Blink said.

"Me too," Sparx added.

"We all do," Tomas said.

An hour later, Hunter looked up and saw a large unrecognizable figure heading towards the dojo.  He continued watching the figure, as it got closer.  He soon saw a much smaller figure in the larger figure's arms.  He was able to see the two figures' colors, as the larger figure got closer still.  He saw that the larger figure was red, and the smaller figure was purple.  "Spyro!" he shouted.  'Red found him!' he secretly added.

"Where?" the others asked, looking everywhere except up.

"Look up.  Red's coming and is carrying Spyro.  But Spyro looks totally out of it," Hunter responded.

The others looked up and saw Red approaching.  They could see Spyro in Red's arms.  They saw that Spyro did indeed look pretty out of it.  Soon, Red landed in front of the dojo.

"What happened?" Ragnar asked.

"I was just out flying when I happened to see Spyro  going away form the Dragon World.  I decided to follow him.  It was a good thing I did.  He wandered into Parasite Forest where he quickly fell victim to the parasite vines.  He tried to burn through the vines but his flame wasn't strong enough.  Before the vines could completely drain him, I burned through them," Red responded.

"What's Parasite Forest?  I've never heard of such a place," Tomas said.

"Neither have I, and I've done research on a lot of places,'" the Professor said.

"That's because it was created.  I'll explain it better when Spyro regains consciousness.  He needs to know this as well," Red said.

"Let's take him inside the Dragon Shores Inn," Titan said before heading to the inn.

The others nodded.  Red, still carrying the unconscious Spyro, followed Titan into the inn.  Hunter, Ragnar, Bianca and Blink were close behind.  Upon arriving, the went inside and into Spyro's room.  Red placed Spyro on the bed before lying down next to him.  Ragnar focused some of his Chi energy into Spyro.

"That should help him regain his energy," Ragnar said.

"Thank you Sensei {1}," Red said.  "You guys can leave if you want.  I'll stay with him," he added.

The others nodded and left the inn.  Red gently ran his hand down Spyro's face.

"You'll be just fine Spyro.  I won't let Misteria kill you like she killed your mother," Red said quietly before yawning.  He had been flying for a good while and was actually on his way back to the dojo to rest because he was getting pretty tired.  When he saw Spyro heading into Parasite Forest, his adrenaline kicked into overdrive.  Now that he brought Spyro back safely, the adrenaline left, leaving him more fatigued than he initially was. He was so tired, that he quickly fell asleep.

Spyro was quite drained of energy because he didn't start to regain consciousness until three days later.  He groaned as he slowly began to stir.  Red, who never left Spyro's side, looked towards Spyro upon hearing him groan, a look of major relief on his face.  Red then saw a little movement, feeling even more relieved.  Hunter had just entered the room when he saw Spyro coming to.

"He's coming around," Sparx said.  He had come into the room and saw Spyro waking up.

Spyro slowly stood up and opened his eyes.  He waited for his vision to focus.  He saw Hunter, Sparx and Red looking at him.  "What happened?" he asked.
    
"You were out for three days," Hunter responded.
      
"What?!" Spyro exclaimed in disbelief.

"I don't think that I have ever been so worried in my life.  I thought I lost you," Red said.

"All I remember is playing Hide and Seek with Hunter, Ember and Flame when I suddenly saw something.  It was very fast because I kept barely seeing it.  I decided to follow it, and it led me into that weird forest.  Weird vines that seem to be flame resistant wrapped around me and somehow drained me of my energy.  I blacked out, but not before seeing a larger stream of fire burn through one of the vines.  Then I briefly regained consciousness, but my vision was very blurry and I couldn't see who was holding me.  I can remember hearing Red talk to me.  Everything is blank after that," Spyro said.  'What did Red mean by he thought he lost me?' he wondered, not know that Hunter and Sparx wondered the same thing.

"I was the one holding you.  I was just out flying when I saw you.  I had a bad feeling that you were being led to trouble so I followed you.  Those vines don't resist flame.  It's just that they were stronger than your flame.  It was able to burn through the vines because my flame is stronger than yours.  Then I brought you back here," Red said.

"Thank you Red.  You saved my life," Spyro said.

"I can't take full credit.  Sensei helped out as well by focusing some of his Chi energy into you," Red said.

"But what do you mean by my flame not being strong enough to burn through those vines?" Spyro asked.

"Let's go to the dojo.  I'll explain there," Red responded.

Spyro took a step forward and face planted on the wooden floor.  Red picked him up.

"Easy there.  I can sense that you're still a little weak," Red said before leaving the inn.  "You can ride on my back if you'd like Hunter," he added.

Hunter nodded and got on Red's back.  Red then took to the sky, heading for the dojo.  He arrived ten minutes later.  He landed at the door to find Tomas waiting outside for him.  Tomas was very relieved tpon seeing a conscious Spyro in Red's arms.

"Is he all right?" Tomas asked.

"He's still a little weak, but he's just fine otherwise," Red responed as Hunter dismounted him.  Then he and Hunter entered the dojo with Tomas close behind.  After climbing the stairs, he placed Spyro down.

Bianca, the Professor, as well as several of the Dragon Elders were there.  They were all relieved to see Spyro awake.

"It's good to see you conscious Spyro," Ragnar said.

"Are you all right?" Bianca asked.

"Yeah, but what were those vines anyway?" Spyro asked.

"Those were parasite vines Spyro.  They feed off of living energy.  Whatever you saw led you to Parasite Forest.  While the ground and air won't drain you of energy, everything else in the forest will.  Not even the sun's rays can penetrate the forest because it actually absorbs the light," Red responded.

"So that's why the forest was so dark," Spyro said.

"That's right," Red said.  "You couldn't burn through the vines because they were too thick for your flame's heat to have any affect.  Because the other Elders and my flame is stronger than yours, we'd have no problem burning through those vines," he added.

"It seems like you've had experience in that forest," Tomas said.

"I have.  All of them bad ones," Red said.

"Who led Spyro there though?" Sparx asked.

"It had to be Misteria.  I've seen some pretty fast creatures but her speed makes even those fast creatures look like slugs," Red responded.

Spyro paled considerably upon hearing the name Misteria.  After all the time that passed, he could never forget what happened what happened that fateful night.  The others saw the fear in Spyro's eyes.  Hunter, Bianca, the Professor and Sparx had never seen him so afraid before.

"What's got Spyro so spooked?" Hunter asked.

"I know what you mean.  I haven't seen him scared like this before," Sparx said.

"And who's Misteria?" Bianca asked.

Misteria is a dragon.  But she is evil.  Out of all the evil beings, none can compare to her.  Not even I was close to as evil as she is.  She reigns over Parasite Forest.  She can control nature.  She created Parasite Forest, which is why only very few know about it," Red responded.

"It sounds like she's an enemy of yours," Sparx said.

"She's not just an enemy.  She's my greatest enemy.  She's been trying to kill me for a long time," Red said.

"Why is she trying to kill you?" Hunter asked.

"Because she was once my girlfriend," Red responded.

"What?!" everyone asked.

"That's right.  We once had a relationship.  But I was young and very naive back then.  At first, I had no idea that she was just using me.  Over time, I found out how insincere she was about the relationship.  I broke up with her.  She was very angry with that and still hasn't gotten over it," Red responded.

"Whoa, talk about obsession," Hunter said.

"You said it.  She must still think that if she can't have Red, no one can," Sparx said.

The look of fear in Spyro's eyes had never left.  He was in his own little world right now.

"Hey Spyro.  Are you in there?" Hunter said, waving his hand in front of Spyro's face.

"Are you all right?" Bianca added.

"Snap out of it Spyro," Red said, shaking Spyro.

But Spyro neither heard them nor felt Red shaking him.  It was as though nohting else existed at the moment.

"I'm getting worried guys," Sparx said.  "He won't snap out of it."

'He must be thinking about that fateful night.  The night Misteria killed Karla,' Red thought.  He had stopped staking Spyro, knowing that the only thing to snap Spyro out of it would be Spyro himself.

| Flashback |

It was a calm and clear night.  A very young Spyro was asleep next to his mother.  They both had a long day of helping the other dragons with tasks and were exhausted.  Neither was aware that a sinister presence was just outside their house.

A beautiful green dragon was up in a nearby tree.  But this dragon was evil.  "So, this is the one that Red chose over me.  Well if I can't have him, no one can," she quietly said.

The crystal clear sky suddenly turned ominous.  A storm suddenly brewed up.  Lightning and hail struck the house that Spyro and his mother were peacefully sleeping in.  Spyro's mother had awakened to the sound of falling boulders just in time to see the hail smash through the roof.  She reacted quickly, picking up Spyro and leaving the house.

"We meet again Karla," a sinister female voice said.

Karla whipped around and saw someone she hoped to never see.  Misteria, why are you here?" she asked.

"I just wanted to pay a visit.  Is there anything wrong with that?" Misteria responded.

"It is when you're a jealous witch," Karla retorted.

Misteria growled in anger at Karla's retort.  "You'll pay for that insulting remark," she said.  She then aimed a lightning bolt right at Karla.

Karla dodged the lightning bolt with no time to spare.  Spyro, who was now very much awake, was scared silly at this point.

"What's going on momma?" Spyro asked.

Misteria froze upon hearing the small voice.  She looked closer and smirked at seeing the small purple dragon in Karla's arms.  "So, you have a child.  I guess I have two things to get rid of now," she said.

"I won't let you kill my son Misteria," Karla said.

"But you'll have no choice in the matter," Misteria said.

"Yes she will," a deep voice suddenly said.

Misteria looked up and saw a red dragon approaching.  The dragon landed in front of Karla.  But the red dragon wasn't alone.  More dragons soon landed as well.  Misteria smirked all the same.

"I see the Calvary has arrived hmm?  Well even all of you can't stop me," Misteria said.  She aimed a lightning bolt at the red dragon.

"Red look out!" Karla shouted.  She got in front of him and was struck directly.  She fell to the ground hard.  Luckily, she put Spyro down before jumping in front of Red.

"Momma!" Spyro cried.

"Karla no!" Red cried.  He kneeled down beside his wife.

"You won't be able to save her.  I directly struck her.  Millions of volts of electricity are going through her body right now.  She will be dead soon," Misteria said smirking.  She saw that Spyro was out in the open.  "And now for your little brat too," she said before aiming a lightning bolt at Spyro as well.

Tomas quickly deflected the lightning with his staff.  Red continued to look at his dying wife.  Soon, Karla breathed her last and died.  Red screamed in rage.  He looked at Misteria with rage-filled eyes.

"I will kill you for killing Karla," Red said angrily.

Tomas and the others gasped.  They had never seen Red so livid before.  Tomas then felt something in his arms.  He looked and saw Red in front of him.

"Take Spyro away from here," Red said, anger still in his voice.

Tomas nodded before taking to the sky.  He was soon out of sight.

"It's between you and us now.  I won't let you kill my son," Red said.

"Oh but you won't be able to stop me.  I can control nature itself," Misteria said as vines suddenly sprang from the ground, wrapping themselves around the dragons.  "Now you will all perish," he said.  She suddenly screamed in pain.

The vines had unwrapped themselves from around the dragons.  Everyone looked up and saw Tomas returning, still holding his staff.  Tomas soon destroyed the vines as well.  Red took Misteria's distraction as an opportunity to strike.  He pointed his staff at Misteria and shot a laser blast at her.  Misteria screamed in pain once again as the laser struck her.  The other Elders were preparing to strike if necessary as well.

"You've won tonight Red.  But I'll be back to finish what I started," Misteria said before disappearing into the night, the sky becoming calm and clear again.

"Well she's gone for now," Tomas said.

Red spread his wings and prepared to take off.

"Whoa, where are you going?" Titan asked.

"I'm going to trail Misteria," Red responded.

"Don't be foolish Red.  She will definitely be expecting you," Ragnar said.

Red simply flew off.

| End Flashback |

'That was when I slowly began to turn to the dark side and eventually betrayed the Elders.  I got so bad that they exiled me.  Wanting to have revenge, I created the Dark Gems to destroy the Dragon Realm.  I'm still grateful that Spyro and his friends stopped me.  I was far from being in my right mind then.  Then the Shadow Realm incident came up.  I will still always be grateful to Spyro for breaking the Sorcerer's spell over me.  Sensei was right.  I was being foolish.  Now it looks like Misteria is back to carry out her threat,' Red thought.

Spyro had begun to come around again.  He looked up and into many worried faces.  "Sorry about that guys," he said.

"What could possibly make you scared like that?" Hunter asked.

"Misteria killed my mother.  She would've killed me too, but Tomas stopped her," Spyro responded.

"What?" Hunter, Bianca and Sparx asked.

"I don't want to talk about it.  Just the memory itself is too painful," Spyro responded.

'You don't know the half of it,' Red thought.  The memory of that fateful night always plagued his thoughts at one time or another.

"I see you've been talking about me," a sinister female voice suddenly said.

Before anyone could react, a lightning bolt sent the doors flying off their hinges.  One of the doors rocketed towards Spyro.  Spyro couldn't see the incoming door because his back was turned to it.  Hunter did see the door though.

"Look out Spyro!" Hunter shouted.

"Huh?" Spyro asked.  Then he turned around.  "Aaaahhhh!" he screamed upon seeing the large door rocketing towards him.  He had no time to get out of the way.  He closed his eyes, anticipating the heavy impact.

An aqua blue aura had already engulfed Red, who had also seen the door rocketing toward Spyro.  He stretched his arms out towards the door.  The door stopped in its tracks.  Red then moved his arms to the left and the door smashed up against the left wall of the dojo.  He had just performed the Move Spell.

After reconciling with the Elders, they taught him everything they knew.  There was no need for him to learn the teleport and Banish spells since he already knew how to teleport and wasd the one who taught Spyro the Banish spell.  Spyro opened his eyes upon not feeling the door's crushing weight on him and saw Red looking straight at him.

"Are you all right?" Red asked.

"I am now.  Thanks," Spyro responded before turning his attention to the now opened dojo.  He paled upon seeing just who was in the doorway.

Red had a totally different reaction.  He snarled upon seeing the figure.  He walked over and stood protectively in front of Spyro, his paternal instinct kicking into high gear.  "What are you doing here Misteria?" he asked snarling.

"I'm just here to finish what I started all those years ago.  And it looks like the little one still fears me," Misteria responded smirking.

"You're not welcome here," Titan said emotionlessly.

"Why shouldn't I be welcomed here?  I'm a dragon just like you.  You welcomed Red back after his evil streak," Misteria said.

"Get out," Ragnar said just as emotionlessly as Titan.

Misteria growled in anger.  "I would've considered leaving you alone.  But since you won't allow me here, I'll finish what I started," she said before concocting a strong wind.

Everyone except Spyro was blown against the wall.  Misteria wanted Spyro to be out in the open to she aimed her wind high enough to where he would still be standing.  To prevent anyone from helping Spyro, she created a wind barrier.  The wind barrier kept everyone against the wall.

"Now little one, say goodbye," Misteria said before inhaling deep. 

Spyro seemed to be rooted to the spot.  That's because he was paralyzed with fear.

"No!  Spyro!" Red cried desperately as he struggled helplessly against the wind barrier, desperated to save his son.

The amulet around his neck suddenly glowed a very bright purple.  Everyone had to shield his/her eyes because the amulet glowed so bright.  At the same time, they could feel that the wind barrier was dying out.  When the glow died down, the wind barrier was no more.  Red quickly shot a fireball at Misteria, which sent her flying.  Red then got back in front of Spyro as Misteria recovered from the attack.

"You always were a stubborn one," Misteria said.  She was very annoyed now.

"I'm stubborn when I have to be," Red said.  "I won't let you kill my son," he added, his staff suddenly appearing in his left hand.

Hunter, the Professor, Bianca and Sparx gasped upon hearing that.  They were quite shocked.  But they weren't nearly as shocked as Spyro.

'Red is my father?' Spyro thought incredulously.  'But why don't I remember?'  'Well now I know what he meant when he said he thought he lost me,' he then thought.

"Red and Spyro are father and son?" Bianca asked incredulously.

"That's something I wasn't expecting," Sparx said.

"Neither was I," Hunter said.

"That's quite a shocker for me as well," the Professor said.

"Leave now.   I won't hesitate to use my staff on you," Red said, firing a warning laser blast to prove his statement.

The other Elders had also made their staves appear.  "Go," they said emotionlessly, pointing their staves at Misteria.

"Fine, I'll leave.  Mark my words Red.  I won't rest until you and your precious little son no longer exist," Misteria said before flying away.

Red sighed and held his staff in the upright position again.  He concentrated a bit, and the staff disappeared.  He looked at Titan.  "You were right."  He turned towards Spyro and squatted.  "I know you must have a lot of questions for me Spyro," he said.

Spyro only nodded.

"Well now we know why Spyro can be so stubborn at times," Sparx said jokingly.

"Hey!" Spyro said in resentment.  Then he turned towards Red.  "I think that it would be better to talk about this between the two of us," he then said.

Red nodded to that.  He picked up Spyro and headed out the dojo.  Then he flew off to an isolated area of the Dragon World.  He arrived an hour later.  Then he landed and put Spyro on his feet.  Spyro then sat down.

Then Red sat down next to Spyro.  "You probably want to know why the other Elders let you forget that I'm your father," he said.

Spyro nodded.

"Think about it Spyro.  I would've been devastated to learn that my father is a traitor.  They probably didn't want you to got that emotional turmoil," Red said.

"Yea, but why did you try to overthrow the leader anyway?" Spyro asked.

"My mind and heart had become too dark by that point.  I was very power-hungry then.  I have to re-live my foolishness everyday son.  I will always be grateful to you and your friends for thwarting me.  I will also always be grateful to you for breaking the Sorcerer's influence over me," Red responded.

"What was that strange light that came from your amulet?" Spyro suddenly asked.

"To tell you the truth Spyro, I really don't know.  I was desperate to break free of the wind barrier and help you.  It must've felt how desperate I was and reacted," Red responded.  He didn't know that he was really onto something.  He didn't know that the amulet had indeed reacted because it had actually felt that its help was greatly needed.  He and the others would find out how later.

They ended up talking the entire day.  Red saw an orange glow out the corner of his eye.  He looked back and saw the sun getting lower in the sky.

"We've talked the entire day.  The sun is setting," Red said.

Spyro looked ahead and saw the orange glow of the sun. He and Red watched the sunset.  After the sun had set, Red picked up Spyro and flew back for the inn.  They arrived to see Hunter waiting at the door.  He smiled upon seeing them.

"The Elders told Sparx, the professor, Bianca and me everything.  It's good that you're on our side again," Hunter said towards Red.

"I intend to keep it that way," Red said before putting Spyro down.

Then teny all walked into the inn.  After dinner, Spyro went into his room with Red close behind.  They both got into the bed, and Spyro snuggled close to Red.

"Good night dad," Spyro said with a yawn.  He then fell into a dreamless sleep.

"Good night son," Red said smiling before he too fell into slumber.



And that's the end of this first chapter.  Well what do you think?  Do you want me to continue?  I've actually been typing out this story on Microsoft Word and have it a little over halfway done.  Moving right along, Preview for Chapter 2: Ineptune's Return:  Spyro and friends have just about recovered from Misteria's attack.  But they soon find out that they'll have more than her to deal with.  A sinister alliance is made, which means double trouble for our heroes.


{1} This comes directly from Spyro: Shadow Legacy.  Ragnar is referred to as Sensei.  But I decided to refer to Ragnar as Sensei only when he is spoken to for this story.  The Move, teleport and Banish spells are also straight from the game.


K.T. Greenstripe:  I want to thank you because reading your fic is what actually encouraged me to do a father/son fic with Red and Spyro.  I had been wondering what if they were father and son, and reading your fic really helped me to develop my story.  Only I have Red as a good guy because I honestly can't see him as a bad guy for long.