Spyro Fan Fiction ❯ A Turbulent Life ❯ Ineptune's Return ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay, first I want to clear up some things up that I meant to mention in the first chapter.  I'm sure that you've never heard of someone named Misteria.  Well she's one of my two OCs for this story.  You'll find out who the other one is a little later on.  I guess that Karla could be considered an OC as well, even though she's not in the story because Misteria killed her.  The second thing I wanted to clear up in case that some of you may have been asking to yourself is that there is no such place as Parasite Forest.  That is one of the several made up places that you will see in this story.  Moving right along, review for last chapter: Things have settled down since Spyro defeated the Sorcerer.  But things can't stay peaceful forever as an old enemy resurfaced again, setting her sights mainly on Spyro.  She first led Spyro to Parasite Forest, where he would've perished if not for Red following him there.  Then she tried again at the dojo.  If not for a mysterious power from Red's amulet intervening, she would've succeeded.

' is thoughts






     &n bsp;                                        Chapter 2: Ineptune's Return

It was a very peaceful night.  It was greatly appreciated peace especially after what almost happened today.  Spyro, a few of his friends and the Dragon Elders were talking at the dojo when a most unexpected and unwelcome guest paid a visit.  Misteria had returned to finish what she started a long time ago when she killed Spyro's mother Karla.

She almost succeeded.  After rendering the others powerless by keeping them against the wall with a wind barrier, she was about to burn Spyro to death.  Just when it seemed like she would win, a bright light shone rom Red's amulet, destroying the wind barrier.  Upon being freed from the barrier, Red sent a large fireball toward Misteria, sending her flying away from Spyro.  Misteria recovered, and that's when Red revealed that he was Spyro's father, totally shocking Spyro, Sparx, the Professor, Hunter and Bianca.  Then Red and the other Elders drove Misteria off by threatening her with their staves.

Afterwards, Red took Spyro to an isolated place where they could get re-acquainted again.  They ended up talking for just about the entire day because they didn't return to the inn until an hour after the sun had set.  They were currently asleep; Spyro snuggled in Red's arms.  Sparx came into the inn.  He went into Spyro's room and smiled upon seeing the sleeping pair.  He quietly flew over and landed next to Spyro before falling asleep himself.

But not all were enjoying the peaceful night.  Misteria had spent this night searching for someone.  She had witnessed the battle between Spyro and Ineptune and was quite impressed with Ineptune's abilities.  She had made it to Coastal Remains in about two hours due to her ability of great speed.  It didn't take her long to find the object of her search.

"Curse that pipsqueak dragon.  I can't wait to get another crack at him," Ineptune said angrily.

"You will get your chance," Misteria suddenly said.

Ineptune looked up and saw Misteria hovering in front of her.  "Who are you?" she asked.

"I am Misteria.  I've come to make an alliance with you.  I saw that battle between you and that little half pint Spyro.  I'm quite impressed with what you can do," Misteria responded.

"What about Red though?" Ineptune asked.

"Red is on Spyro's side now," Misteria responded.

"What?!" Ineptune exclaimed angrily.

"What I say is true.  Red reconciled with the very dragons he turned against, including Spyro," Misteria said.  "Just look at your partnership with me as a chance to get revenge against him and Spyro.  It will be even sweeter for you because Red and Spyro are actually father and son," she added smirking.

Ineptune smirked as well.  "I so do love family troubles, especially when I'm the cause of them.  Take me to where they are," she said.

"You and I think along the same lines.  I'm sure that this will be quite the alliance," Misteria said before blowing a powdery substance over Ineptune.  "Just think of this as my way of sealing the deal.  You now have the ability to control the water," she added before heading to where she last saw Spyro and the others.

"And I know just how to use this power," Ineptune said before following Misteria.

The next morning, Spyro awakened to the smell of bacon.  He slowly turned his head and saw Red still sleeping.  He smiled and slowly moved out of Red's arms.  Then he headed downstairs.  He found Hunter, Blink, Bianca and the Professor sitting at the table.  It took time, but Blink had eventually gotten over his fear of being above ground.  Hunter smiled and waved Spyro over.  Spyro smiled and went over to sit with his friends.

"Morning Spyro," Bianca said.

"Good morning," Spyro said.

"Is that bacon I smell?" a voice asked from the top of the stairway.

Everyone looked to see Red coming down the stairs.  He sat at the table as well.

"Morning everyone," Red said.

"Morning," Spyro, Sparx, Hunter, Blink, Bianca, the Professor and Artigan said.

Then everyone enjoyed a quick breakfast before leaving the inn.  Artigan had let Sparx out so Sparx could get butterflies from the fodder roaming around.

"So; what do you want to do today Spyro?" Blink asked.

"I want to go swimming," Spyro responded.

"That sounds like a good idea," Bianca said.

"I'll pass on that one," Hunter said.

"I'll go as well.  I'm a pretty good swimmer now," Blink said.

"The other dragons and I will be watching you.  You never know what will happen with Misteria around," Red said.

The others nodded and headed off to the water.  Bianca magically changed her clothing into swimwear.  Blink took off his gloves.  Then he, Bianca and Spyro ran into the water and dove in.  Then they resurfaced and went for a swim.  The others smiled as they watched the swimming trio.  Things were quiet for an hour.  Then Spyro suddenly felt something pulling him down.  He opened his mouth to call for help, which was not a good idea.  He took in water pretty quickly.  He soon passed out from taking in so much seawater.  He started going under.

He would've gone completely under if not for Bianca coming back to him.  She saw Spyro's predicament and rushed over to help before he went completely under.  She now held him so his head was above water.  Suddenly, a whirlpool formed in front of them.  They were quickly drawn into the current.

"Don't worry!  We're coming!" two male voices shouted.

Bianca looked up ahead to see Red and Astor flying towards them.  Red flew over towards Bianca and Spyro.  He plucked the pair out of the water before they reached the center of the whirlpool.  Then he flew back to shore.  Astor soon landed on the shore with Blink.  Spyro soon began to gag.  He was coughing up all the water that he swallowed.  Red landed and placed Bianca down.  Then Bianca placed Spyro down.  Spyro continued to cough up water.  It took twenty minutes for him to cough up all the water he took in.  Then he regained consciousness.

"Are you all right?" Hunter asked.

"I'm fine," Spyro responded.  "But what happened?" he added.

"We don't know," Blink responded.

"All I know is that we were having a good time when I suddenly saw you going under.  I rushed in to help keep your head above water.  Then a whirlpool formed in front of us.  Red flew over and picked us out of the water just in time," Bianca said.

"Thank you for saving him Bianca," Red said.

"It was no problem Red.  You made the bigger save though.  Spyro and I would've definitely been sucked into the whirlpool if not for you," Bianca said.

"But how could that whirlpool have formed though?" Sparx asked.

"From me," an unexpected voice responded.

Spyro whipped around and saw someone that he really didn't expect.  "I thought I defeated you," he said.

"So did I son," Red said upon seeing whom the voice belonged to.

"Well I have returned now.  I'm sure that you know what I want," Ineptune said.

"Who's the ugly fat chick?" Bianca asked dryly.

"That's Ineptune.  She worked for me when I was evil," Red responded just as dryly.

"I work with Misteria now.  As you witnessed, I now have the power over water," Ineptune said.

"So that explains the whirlpool," Sparx said.

"Yes it does.  It also explains how Spyro went down so suddenly.  I created a current to drag him down," Ineptune said.  "Enough talk.  Let's see how you handle this."  She retreated back into the sea.  When she was far enough, she thrust her arms forward, sending a gigantic wave towards shore.  She then headed back to Coastal Remains.

Everyone back on land was wondering what Ineptune meant.  They knew the answer when they saw a mega-tsunami {1} headed right towards them.  Reacting simultaneously, Bianca grabbed Hunter's arm before levitating her and him above the wave.  Astor picked up Blink and the Professor and flew straight up into the air.  Red picked up Spyro and also flew straight up.  The other dragons took to the air as well.  Sparx simply flew higher.  Everyone watched the wave crash onto the shore below, destroying everything in its path.  The wave retreated back to the sea ten minutes later.

Red and the other dragons landed before Red put Spyro down.  Astor put Blink and the Professor down as well.  Bianca gently deposited Hunter and herself back on the ground.  Sparx simply flew back downt o where he was before having to dodge the wave.  Everyone looked at the destruction around him or her.  Every building on the beach was demolished.  Unknown to them, the wave had pushed fruther inland and halfway into the next town before receding.

"That was some wave," Hunter said.

"You said it," Sparx agreed.

"Well, it looks like even the water won't be too safe," Bianca said.

"For me that is," Spyro said sadly.

"Don't feel so down Spyro.  We won't let Misteria and Ineptune ruin things for you," Blink said.

"We'll have to keep our senses alert though.  Anything can happen at any time," Red said.

"I think we sould head someplace else for now.  It's too open here," Bianca said.

"That's a good idea," the Professor said.

"The Artisans World may be a good place to head to," Spyro suggested.

"An excellent suggestion Spyro," Tomas said.  "Let's teleport there immediately," he added.

Spyro looked depressed upon hearing the word teleport.  After the whole Shadow Realm fiasco was over, he didn't think that the spells he learned would be of much use anymore.  He stopped doing them and eventually ended up forgetting how to perform them.  Red saw the distraught look in his son's eyes.

"What's wrong Spyro?" Red asked.

"It's just that I no longer know how to teleport nor any of the other spells and most of the abilities that I was taught.  After the Sorcerer was defeated, I didn't think that I would need to use them any longer," Spyro responded.

"Don't worry Spyro.  I'll help you teleport.  Just make sure you're touching me," Red said.

Spyro nodded and put his paw on Red's left leg.  Bianca held onto Hunter's arm.  Sparx landed on Spyro's head.  Tomas took a hold of the  Professor and Blink.  Then everyone disappeared.  Gildas was spending the day in the Artisans Home.  He was currently shooting sheep through a wooden basketball hope when he saw a white light out of the corner of his eye.  He looked around to see quite a sight.  He was very surprised upon seeing Red.

"It's nice to see you again brother," Red said smiling.

'So he has changed for the better.  I can feel sincerity in his voice.  He actually is glad to see me,' Gildas thought, smiling mentally.  He and the others heard about the Dark Gem incident as well as the incident with the Sorcerer.  So he had heard about Red's reconciliation.  He smiled and said," It's good to see you back to your old self again."  "Want to shoot sheep thorugh the hoop with me?" he offered.

"Sure.  I've been wanting to have some fun," Red responded ebfore heading over to the wooden hoop.  He grabbed a sheep as it was trying to flee adn threw it towards the hoop.

"Baaaaa!" the sheep cried as it fell straight through the hoop.

Adding to the first shot, Red shot the sheep through the hoop six straight times.

"Nice shooting Red.  You apparently still have your edge," Gildas said upon seeing the same sheep fall through the hoop time after time.

"I'm actually quite surprised Gildas.  I haven't done this in quite a while," Red said before sinking the sheep into the hoop four more times.

"Let's head to Town Square," Spyro said to Hunter and Bianca.

"All right Spyro," Hunter and Bianca said.

"I'll be down there soon.  I need to do a few things there anyway," Gildas said before sinking a fourth consecutive sheep through the hoop.

"All right.  See ya there," Hunter said  before he, Bianca and Spyro headed off to Town Square.

They arrived at the whirlwind several moments later.  They went into the whirlwind one at a time and were standing in front of the Town Square portal.  They went through the portal and arrived in the middle of the town.  Nils was just finishing breakfast.  He looked up and saw the trio.  He smiled and headed over to them.

"Greetings Spyro.  It's been a while hasn't it?" Nils said.

"It sure has," Spyro said.

"And who are your friends?" Nils asked.

"The rabbit on my left here is Bianca.  The cheetah on my right is Hunter.  They've helped me out a lot," Spyro responded.  "So how have things been since Gnasty Gnorc left?" he added.

"Things have been peaceful for the most part.  The bulls still give us problems every now and then though," Nils responded.

"Well here comes one now," Hunter suddenly said nervously.

The others turned around and saw a bull charging right at them.

"I'll take care of it," Spyro said.  He charged right at the charging bull.

The bull was knocked off its feet.  It quickly got back up though.  Spyro then breathed fire at it.  It quickly turned tail and fled before the fire touched it.

"That was quick work Spyro.  You haven't lost your touch," Nils said.

Then Spyro, Bianca and Hunter went strolling around the town.  An hour later, they saw Gildas and Red talking to Devlin and Thor.  They went over for a friendly chat as well.  Devlin was facing the oncoming trio.  He looked up and saw them coming.

"It looks like we're about to have some company," Devlin said smiling.

Red, Thor and Gildas turned to see Spyro, Hunter and Bianca approaching.  They smiled, and Red waved the trio over.  Soon, Spyro, Hunter and Bianca were in front of Red, Thor and Gildas.

"So are you enjoying yourselves?" Red asked.

"We sure are," Bianca responded.

"We had a little bull trouble but Spyro took care of it," Hunter added.

"The bulls have always been pests.  We always drove them off though," Thor said.

"So, are you done with your visit?" Devlin asked.

"Not right as this moment.  We've still got another half of the town to cover," Spyro responded.  "We'll see you before we leave," he added before he, Hunter and Bianca left to stroll through the remainder of the town.

Things were uneventful for an hour.  But it wouldn't remain uneventful for long.  Misteria was flying over Town Square.  Ten minutes later, she spotted Spyro walking with Hunter and Bianca.  She smirked at her luck.

'It won't be too hard to render the rabbit and cheetah useless.  I can finally finish what I started,' she thought before descending towards the ground.  She landed right in front of them, smirkingupon seeing the fear in Spyro's eyes.

"Can't you find someone else to bother?" Hunter asked.  He was pretty annoyed now.

"Aw, but where would the fun be.  I love seeing Spyro afraid of me," Misteria responded smirking.  "I'll be taking him now," she added.

"No you won't," Bianca said before stepping in front of Spyro.

"Oh please.  You believe you have a chance against me?" Misteria asked laughing.

"Don't underestimate me," Bianca responded.

Misteria fired a lightning bolt at Bianca.  Bianca created a shield, deflecting the lightning bolt, which caught Misteria off guard.  Bianca used the distraction to hit Misteria with an ice spell. But Misteria quickly broke out of the ice that encased around her.

"So, you have magic.  It doesn't matter.  You still don't stand a chance against me," Misteria said before blowing Bianca back with a gale.

Spyro was also blown back.  He tried to get back up but was blown back down since the gale was still blowing.  He struggled through the fierce wind but was able to look at Hunter.  "Find my father!" he said over the wind.

Hunter nodded and went back to where he last saw Red.  Bianca recovered from the wind attack and sent a fire spell towards Misteria.  Misteria simply blew the spell away with her wind.  She then whipped up a tornado, with the intent on rendering Bianca powerless.  Bianca tried to move out of the way, but the tornado ended up sucking her in.  The force of the wind left her unable to move.

"Now that she's been rendered useless, I'llbe taking what I came for," Misteria said, slowly approaching Spyro.

"S...stay away from me," Spyro said before breathing fire.

Misteria simply put the flame out with a little stream of water from her hand.  She then ran circles around Spyro.  She went so fast that Spyro couldn't keep up with her.  He suddenly felt a blow to the back of his head and blacked out.  Misteria grabbed him and flew away.  When out of sight the tornado put Bianca down before disappearing.

'I hope Hunter found Red.  Red is Spyro's best chance now,' Bianca thought before teleporting to where she last saw Red.

Meanwhile, Red and Gildas were still talking with Thor and Devlin.  Red suddenly looked up.  He could sense that something was very wrong.

"Is something bothering you?" Gildas asked.

"It's just that something feels terribly wrong," Red responded.

"Red!" a voice suddenly shouted.

Red whipped around and saw Hunter coming his way.  He knew that something was wrong just from seeing the desperate look in Hunter's eyes.  "What's the problem?" he asked.

"Spyro's in big trouble," Hunter responded.

"What happened?" Red asked, anxiety clearly in his voice.

"I can tell you," Bianca responded as she appeared in front of them.  "Misteria somehow knew that we were here.  I tried to fight her off, but she was too strong for me.  She locked me inside a tornado and made off with Spyro."

"There they are now," Devlin asked worriedly, pointing upwards.  He had heard something and looked up to see Misteria carrying Spyro away.

The others looked up and saw Misteria flying through the air.  They could see a struggling Spyro in her arms.  Spyro looked down and saw Red with Devlin, Thor, Gildas, Hunter and Bianca.

"Dad, help me!" Spyro cried.

"I'm coming son!" Red shouted, taking to the air to give chase.

Misteria looked down and saw Red starting to close the gap.  She flew faster and higher in hopes to lose Red.  But Red wasn't having any of it.  His staff suddenly appeared in his hand.  He fired an ice ball at Misteria, hoping to slow her down.  But Misteria was already way too far ahead for him to get an accurate shot.  It seemed hopeless.

Ten minutes later, another dragon suddenly flew in front of Misteria.  It was Alvar.  He was just out for a flight when he saw a green dragon.  He flew in closer and saw Spyro struggling in the dragon's arms.  He immediately figured out that Spyro was in trouble and flew in to help.  "Release Spyro now," he said.

"Like you can stop me," Misteria said before blowing Alvar away.

Alvar recoverd quickly and flew straight at Misteria.  She flew up in time to avoid the charge.  Alvar turned around and appeared to charge again.  Misteria flew back up again to dodge the charge, but Alvar suddenly stopped and breathed fire.  The unexpected move blew Misteria back a little.

She recovered quickly though.  They went back and forth exchanging blows for half an hour.  Misteria was pretty annoyed by this point and created a down draft around Alvar to end the see saw battle.  Alvar was forced downwards.  He had no choice but to retreat.  Misteria stopped the down draft before continuing on, only to have Red block her path this time.  Alvar had unknowingly given Red enough time to catch up.  Red saw Misteria force Alvar to retreat and silently thanked Alvar for giving him the time he needed to catch up.  Red pointed his staff at Misteria.

"Release him," Red said lowly.

Misteria smirked.   Instead of putting Spyro on the ground, she let him go and flew away.  Spyro couldn't really glide because the only thing all around him was open air.  There was nothing to land on.  He screamed as he plummeted through the air.

"Spyro!" Red cried, diving after his falling son.  He soon caught Spyro.  "I've gotcha," he said before breaking the dive and flying back up.  "Are you all right?" he asked.

"I am now thanks to you," Spyro responded.  "We should head back to the others.  I'm ready to head back to the Artisans Home," he added.

Red nodded and flew back to where Devlin and the others were.  The staff in Red's left hand had disappeared, and Red wrapped his now free arm under Spyro, carrying Spyro Bridal style now, well Bridal style for a four-legged dragon at any rate.  Red arrived where Devlin adnd the others were about half an hour later.  Alvar was there as well.  The others were relieved to see that Spyro was safe.  Red landed and put Spyro down.

"Thank goodness you're safe Spyro," Gildas said.

"The thanks go to dad and Alvar.  Misteria got far ahead of dad, but Alvar just happened to be in the area.  He held Misteria at bay for as long as he could, which gave dad enough time to catch up," Spyro said.

"Thank you for that Alvar.  I didn't think I would be able to catch up," Red said.

"It was now problem.  I'm just glad that I was able to help," Alvar said.

"How did Misteria know we were here though?" Spyro suddenly asked.

"She was probably still around after Ineptune left.  If so, then she heard where we were going.  Unfortunately, she knows her way around the Dragon Worlds as well as the other dragons and I do," Red responded.

"But why did she take so long?" Hunter asked.

"She probably only heard that we were going to the Artisans Home.  She can appear and disappear like the wind at any given time.  My guess is that she appeared there before us but didn't stay long enough to find exactly where Spyro was going," Red responded.

"That makes a lot of sense," Bianca said.  Then she heard a rumbling sound.  She looked ahead and saw a group of bulls stampeding their way.  "We have bull trouble.  It's bigger this time," she said, taking several steps backward.

The others looked ahead and saw the stampeding bulls.

"Leave them to me.  We don't have time to fool around with them," Red said, his staff appearing in his hand.  He was very annoyed at this point.  He shot ice balls from his staff.

The bulls quickly hightailed it out of there.  Red's staff then disappeared again.

"Well, I think that we should be going.  I've had enough experiences for one day," Spyro said.

"Despite all that happened, it was nice of you to visit.  Feel free to come back anytime," Devlin said.

"Thank you.  I will," Spyro said before he, Red, Gildas, Hunter, and Bianca headed over to the Return Home whirlwind.

They came back out of the Town Square portal.  Spyro simply glided to the ground below.  Red glided down with Bianca, and Gildas glided down with Hunter.  Wanting to relax, they all headed to the beach at Stone Hill.  But what they didn't know was that Ineptune was lurking beneath the water.  They sat down on the sand and looked at the clear horizon.  The waves appeared normal.  But that was about to change pretty quickly.  Using her power over water, Ineptune located Spyro's position.  Spyro was the closest to the water.  She used her power to raise the wave level up a little, but not enough to cause suspicion.

Spyro was just enjoying the clear view of the horizon when he suddenly felt something pulling at his legs.  The pull only continued to strengthen.  That was because the sand beneath him was eroding, causing the wave level to rise as more sand eroded from underneath him.  He began to get pulled into the water.

Red, who was watching Spyro the entire time, knew exactly what was happening.  "Oh no you don't Ineptune!" he said before rushing in to aid Spyro.  He plucked Spyro out of the water's current and headed further inland.  "Let's get off this beach," he added before putting Spyro down.

"Let's head to my house," Gildas said.

Everyone nodded and headed back to Gildas's house.  They entered and would finally get the chance to relax.  Spyro got into a comfortable position before taking a much-needed nap.

"Spyro has the right idea.  Let's all take a nap," Hunter said.

The others nodded before getting into comfortable positions themselves.  Red wrapped his arms around Spyro from behind.  Spyro looked at Red and smiled before going back to sleep.  Red soon went to sleep as well.  The others soon followed.


Well, here's the end of the second chapter.  Well Misteria isn't playing around is she?  Moving right along, preview for Chapter 3: The Imperfect Storm:  Red and Spyro have some long-awaited father/son togetherness.  But as usual, the peace won't last.  A far from natural storm is brewing and will give our heroes one heck of a time.  Will they be able to ride out this very fierce storm?  Stay tuned to find out.

{1} A mega-tsunami is the result of a large displacment of water.  Mega-tsunamis can easily be as high as 1,000 ft., maybe even higher.  I learned this fact from watching a special on the Discovery Channel called Mega-Tsunami: Wave of Destruction.
I'm going to be going on vacation to Vegas tomorrow. I'll be there until probably early next Saturday.