Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Suikoden: Marriage Prospects ❯ Geddoe ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Geddoe, Tenjyu star

Aka: Thunder mage.

Looks: Wavy black hair, tall, shabby outfit and an eye patch. Don't know if the eye patch really serves the function or just a mere decoration. SIII's Main Programmer (Isobe) said that the reason he's wearing the eye patch is because he has been through so many various experiences, he must have injured his eye during a past battle - Or - he's probably hiding a sun tan in the shape of a circle around the eye like that of a panda. Actually quite well-preserved considering he's literally 112 years old.

Smarts: Wise and learned beyond mortal ken and with oodles of knowledge about the peoples at Grassland. Being as old as time has its benefits, you know.

Personality: Silent and unpleasant, but down to earth despite being a major character. Has an appreciation for life's small enjoyments (read: booze), and a rather quick temper - he can be foul mouthed sometimes ("I know nothing of dog behavior, but I do know you're depriving some poor village of its idiot!"). In his more serious modes he has a strong social conscience and can be kind of pushy as a result. "Time to grow up, kid."

Cooking: He can probably fend for himself, so I assume he can cook campfire style.

Fighting Skills: A reliable warrior. Don't let this old man fool you - he can swing a sword with the best of them. Geddoe has the best magic stat compared to other Flame Champion candidates, even though he's quite slow and only have a average strength. He wields the true lightning rune alongside the flame champions to great effect against countless enemies in two great wars.

Special Abilities: great affinities with thunder rune, and can still act cool even when the world is going to an end.

Competition: Maybe Queen, but she'll let you near Geddoe if you can stand living the horrible, wild and penniless life of a mercenary.

In-Laws: Geddoe's family is likely wiped out during the Harmonian raid on his homeland. Given his lack of family, the Twelfth Unit of the Southern Frontier Defense Force counts for in-laws, I suppose. Ace might flirt with you, Jacques will probably ignore you, Joker would try to have a drink with you, Queen would warm up to you pretty good, Aila not withstanding. If you have love for alcoholic drinks and soda, they'll welcome you very warmly.

Economics: Probably horrible, although we don't know for certain. He wanders around a lot and is currently working as the Captain of the Twelfth Unit of the Southern Frontier Defense Force, so the SFDF should give him a monthly or annual stipend or something. Hint: try squeezing a bit of cash from Ace, since he handles the group's finance.

Sex: Like most aspects of Geddoe, very mysterious. Remember, he looks 50 but actually 112. That's still...old. Maybe you can try imagining about his physical form was like 90 years ago?

Other: Drinker and immortal. On the plus side, he's probably unable to contract drinking-related diseases.

Overall: Not bad at all if you can overlook the old man aspect. Come on, Sasarai is old but everyone still wants him. It might be hard to imagine Geddoe snuggling up to anyone, but maybe it's because no one's given him a try?