Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Party's Over? ( Chapter 37 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Party’s Over?
I: The Storm is On its Way:
Yamaguchi Kei has been living the wild life in Tokyo. She drinks almost every weekend. The virgin is still looking for her cherry to be popped. She’s even been to the Stardust Factory with her friends.
Yet, her partying didn’t sit well with one person.
Her father is coming today. Yamaguchi-san is not happy with her conduct as of late. He knew he shouldn’t have sent her off to school in Tokyo in the beginning.
“She should’ve been in Kyoto so that I would’ve kept an eye on her!” he ranted many times. His older daughter just nodded quietly.
“I know, dad,” Kiko replied. He sat back at his desk and sighed. The man had had enough. So, he drove up to Tokyo to put an end to his younger daughter’s partying. The man pounded on the front door.
“Coming!” his younger daughter called out. Her face turned dead serious once she opened the door and saw her father standing before her. She frowned when their eyes met.
“Hello, Dad,” she grumbled.
“May I come in?” he asked. She slid open the door wider for him. Like saying no would make any difference anyway.
II: Siren’s Song of Doom:
Evan suspected that Pandora was playing around on him. This wasn’t a new thought either. He thought about this for the past couple of weeks now. Yet, he either didn’t have the proof of he didn’t want to believe it himself. Towards the end of the spring semester, Evan just couldn’t take it anymore.
Days before graduation, Evan called Pandora out for a little drive and picnic in the park.
“We barely get to see each other anymore, babe,” he said. “So please come out with me?” Pandora didn’t know how to react at first.
“Alright,” she said. He picked her up just a little bit before noon on Saturday. He even brought wine and small bento lunches. They didn’t talk at first during the whole drive. Though she didn’t say it, Pandora had a bad feeling about this. Does he know about Hunter about me? Evan kept his eyes on the road ahead of them. He doesn’t even know how he’s going to do after he finds out the truth. The director-in-training doesn’t want to break up with her, but yet he won’t be able to forget to her cheating ways.
Pandora herself tried not to think about what he could possibly want her on this “date” for. Maybe, it was just that. A simple date between the two of them because they had been too busy to see each lately. Yet, the unsettling feeling in her stomach refused to leave after that hope first came to life. The car turned the curve to the right.
III: The Nervous Wait:
Simon and Conrad walked up to Kei’s door. Simon paused at what he saw. Kiko stood in front of the door. Simon tugged on his friend’s sleeve.
“Conrad,” he whispered. “Isn’t that?” The drug dealer nodded in silence.
“Yeah,” he whispered back. The older sister looked up and saw them. The boys both paused.
“She’s seen us?” Simon whispered. “What do we do now?”
“We’ve got no choice,” Conrad pointed out.
“But what do we say to her?” the other boy asked. The drug dealer shrugged at her.
“I don’t know,” he said. “‘Hello. How’s Kei doing?’ Stuff like that.” His tone did little to ease the mood. The boys walked over to the woman staring at them.
“Hello boys,” she greeted. They both gave her a little wave.
“Hi,” Simon and Conrad said.
“Uh… What’s going on? Is Kei alright?” Simon asked. Kiko pressed her glossed lips together.
“Daddy’s here,” she said. The boys went quiet at those words.
“Oh…” they mumbled. Kiko nodded at them.
“Yeah,” she said.
“So, will she have to go back to Kyoto?” Conrad asked.
“More than likely,” the girl’s sister replied. “She’s fighting him right now as we speak.” Simon and Conrad leaned into the door for a listen before Kiko could object.
IV: Cheaters Get Caught:
Pandora drank her wine with a forced smile on her face. Evan hasn’t said a single thing the whole time.
This is bad, she thought. Evan didn’t even look in her direction. Pandora lowered her glass.
“Evan,” she said in a calm voice. “Is something the matter?” He didn’t answer. She shifted a bit in place.
“If something is wrong, you can talk to me,” the designer tried again. She reached out to touch his shoulder, he shoved off her hand. Pandora paused with such shook.
“Evan?” she asked.
“How many times?” he asked her. Pandora froze at his question.
“What?” she asked.
“How many times did you sleep with him?” Evan asked, bluntly. The color drained from his girlfriend’s face. Evan clenched his fists.
“I know what’s been going on between you and Hunter!” he snapped. Pandora slowly shook her head.
“No…” she murmured.
“How are you going to answer for yourself?” he asked.
V: Shouting Match:
“I don’t want to go back to Kyoto, dad!”
“You are coming back with us!”
“Why?!?”
“This is not unbecoming behavior of a young lady! You’re drinking, staying out late with boys, and you keep partying!”
“You’re spying on my Facebook page?!?”
“I had to in order to keep track of you!”
“You don’t even trust your own daughter?!?”
“I never have trusted you since you left Kyoto!”
“Dad, how could do?!?”
“Your posts prove that you cannot be trusted alone here! I am taking you back with me today!”
“No!”
“Are you telling me no?!?”
“I am staying here! Because I love it here! You are always so strict on me! I used to take it with a smile, but now I hate it! I can’t live under your shadow anymore! I have to grow up on my own. Me staying in Tokyo will help me do that?”
“And how will you do that?!? You’re only fourteen!”
“I will find anyway necessary to do it! My grades are even good!”
Outside, Simon, Conrad, and Kiko listened to the whole thing. Simon turned to the other two.
“Will she have to go back?” Simon whispered. Conrad shrugged and shook his head. Moments later, the door opened. The crew all stood back to see Yamaguchi-san standing in the open way.
“Father?” Kiko asked. The angry man walked past them with his fists clenched.
“Sir?” Conrad asked. Kei walked out to her friends and sister. They turned and saw her grinning.
“What happened?” Simon asked. Kei stuck up her fingers in a “V for victory” sign.
“I won!” she bragged.
VI: Trapped Rat:
Pandora looked freaked out. “Evan…”
Evan clenched his fists. “How are you going answer for yourself?”
His girlfriend trembled. “I just…”
“What?”
She looked down at the deep red and blue picnic blanket. The poor girl couldn’t even say a single word to justify herself.
“You can’t, can you?” he asked.
“Evan…” Pandora whimpered. He crushed the can in his hand.
“Stop,” he murmured. She looked out at him out of desperation.
“Evan…” she pleaded. The Scottish boy threw down his can.
“I’ll be in the car,” he said. Then, Evan rose to his feet and walked away. The poor girl looked on at him as if she was about to cry.
What have I done?!?, she thought. The glass fell right on the blanket.
VII: Graduation Day:
Kei’s graduation from junior high today. She’s all grins today. Her father is finally backing off of her. It wasn’t easy, yet she pulled it off to graduate this very day. Now, she had to begin high school and keep taking control of her life.
Days before, Pandora and Evan had their final exams for the semester. They haven’t been speaking for months. In fact, word on the street is that they have even split. The couple refuses to confirm or deny. Pandora feels the pain of her past, but yet she cannot choose between Scotland and Ireland. She loves both men dearly, but she can only have one. Yet, this isn’t a good time to choose. She has her own goals and life to get back on track.
Maybe I shouldn’t think about love right now…, she thought. Focus on me for a while. So, she put aside her heart and buried herself in school and the Stardust Factory.
VIII: This is the End:
This is the end, beautiful friend. Or is it? Seven years will pass and then more will come. Question is, will it be a happy time? A sad time? Or maybe…
Black End