Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Dying Triangle ( Chapter 54 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Dying Triangle

I: Breaking Down:

The secret has been exposed. Evan caused a scene last night. Now, he doesn't want to talk to her. Still, Pandora can't let this go. This was all her fault after all.

“I am so sorry,” she said. “Talk to me!” He glared at her and walked back to his dorm.

“Evan! Evan, please!” Pandora pleaded. He was already gone down the hall. She was left standing alone in the hall. The director's so done with her. Still, she couldn't give up. Pandora had to end this or else she wouldn't be able to grow and soar. But right now, she needed some help. For some reason, Pandora knew where to turn.

II: Confession:

“I fucked up.”

Jemima looked at me. “Yeah. Everyone knows.”

Pandora frowned. “You're not helping.”

“I'm sorry. What do you want me to say?”

Her friend sighed. “I need help. Tell me what to do.”

“I can't do that.”

“I know that. Just tell me something. I just need to hear something that will steer me in the right direction.”

“Well, what do you want?” Jemima asked. Pandora froze.

“I… I don't know,” she said. Her friend gave her a sympathetic look. She patted Pandora on the shoulder.

“Figure out what you want first,” Jemima said. “Then work from there.” Her friend didn't say a thing. Something told her to trust her friend.

III: Evan and Pandora:

“Were you drunk when you kissed him?” Evan asked.

“No,” Pandora said. He threw up his hands in the air.

“Unbelievable!” he shouted. He turned back to Pandora.

“Did you sleep with him too?” Evan asked. She narrowed her eyes.

“Evan,” she said.

“Did you?!” he asked. She dripped her shoulders and sighed.

“Yes!” she said.

“I don't believe this!” he said. “Was this why you didn't want to marry me?”

“No!”

“So, why?”

Pandora threw back her head and groaned. “I just don't want to get married.”

“To me?”

“To anyone!”

“Why?!”

Pandora glared at him. “I just don't want to get married.” She turned and walked out of his dorm. How did this go so wrong?

IV: A Walk Through the City:

-December 24-

Pandora's phone buzzed on her nightstand.

“Hm?” she asked, looking at it. The woman picked up the phone. It was a text from Evan.

“Look outside.”

Pandora smiled as she looked out the window. Evan stood outside in the waving up at her. He pulled out his phone. Pandora felt her own phone ping.

“Come downstairs,” the new message said. The designer typed away.

“Right now?” she wrote. Pandora hit send. Another message came back.

“Yes,” Evan wrote. That was all it took. Pandora got dressed and hurried out the door. She found her boyfriend waiting for her.

“What are you doing here?” Pandora asked. Evan's face seemed to be glowing.

“Take a walk with me,” he asked. She looked confused.

“What for?” the designer asked. He walked over and took her by the hands.

“There's something I want to show you,” Evan said. He dragged her along with him before she could say a word.

V: Bright Lights:

The snow looked so beautiful along the Christmas lights in the city. The couple held hands as they walked among the crowd. Evan leaned in and kissed Pandora on the cheek. The designer giggled.

“Is this going to be my Christmas present?” she asked.

“You will have to see,” he said. His face looked so red. The soft Christmas music played in the background.

They came down to the park. Pandora couldn't help but to smile. Evan walked forward and stopped. A confused look came over his girlfriend's face.

“Evan?” she asked.

“Pandora,” he said. “There's something I need to tell you.”

“What?” she asked.

VI: Hunter and Pandora:

Hunter understood Pandora better. That's why he could see what she really needed. She had grown out of the Stardust Factory. Andy doesn't have anything else to give her. Neither does Evan. Even Hunter knows that he doesn't have anything to give her anymore. They would all just be holding her back.

She should be free. Only, Pandora can't see that herself. Maybe them getting caught by Evan was the push that she needed. Still, she needed some direction.

“What do you want?” Hunter asked her on Christmas night in bed. The designer girl lifted her head.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“You can't keep living like this,” the actor said. “You are a great designer. You should be more.”

“I'm not following,” she admitted. Hunter gave her a calm smile.

“Do you see yourself at the Factory for a long time?” he asked. Pandora was about to answer when she had to make herself think.

“I don't know,” she said.

“I don't see myself here for long,” he said.

“You're leaving?” she asked.

“Not right now,” Hunter said. “When the right time comes, I will. And you should too when you get your chance.”

“You want me to go with you?” Pandora asked. The actor shrugged his shoulders.

“That's up to you,” he said. “Just don't waste away at the Factory when you can be better.” Hunter drew his eyes closed and went to sleep. His words have been rattling around in her head ever since.

VII: New Opportunity:

The New Year brought new opportunities for Pandora. The first day of the exhibit had been a success. (The after party outburst didn't count.) Yoko Han offered Pandora to do more collaboration with her. The designer's eyes widened.

“What did you say?” Jemima asked back in her apartment.

“I haven't answered yet,” Pandora asked. Her friend wrinkled her nose.

“You've got to be joking,” she said. Pandora shook her head.

“Why?” the model asked. Her friend shrugged. Jemima frowned and snorted.

“This is what I can't stand about you,” she said.

“Huh?” Pandora asked. Her friend grabbed her by the shoulders.

“You've always been so flighty,” Jemima complained. “I had to push you to come to Japan all those years ago.” She sighed and shook her head.

“Make up your mind for a change!” the model said. “What do you want to do with your life?” Jemima let go of her shoulders and flopped back onto her bed. Pandora just shrugged at her with big eyes. That was all it took.

VIII: Final Decision Made:

-Pandora-

I can't keep going on like this. Jemima and Hunter are right. I need to move on and make up my mind. After much thought, I know what I need to do. I love Evan but I can't marry him. It's not what I want. I need to be clear with him. After that, I will work out what I need to do.

Black Decisions