Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Fly Away Pandora ( Chapter 56 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fly Away Pandora

I: Pandora:

She will be gone in a few days. There's still paperwork that needs to be done. Pandora is willing to do it. She sat in Andy's office.

“You wanted to see me?” he asked.

“Yes,” Pandora said. She sat up in the silver-painted chair.

“I want to leave,” she said. Andy looked up at her.

“Oh?” he asked.

“I have a new collaboration with Ms. Han,” the designer said.

“Okay,” Andy said. There was a pause for a brief moment. Pandora shifted in her seat.

“Can I go?” she asked.

“Yes,” he said. Pandora blinked.

“That's it?” she asked.

“Yes,” the artist said. “You are free to go.” Andy held out his hand.

“I wish you luck with your future,” he said. Pandora had a stunned look on her face as he shook her hand. That was it? Just like that?

“Uh… th-th-thank you, I guess,” Pandora said. “I wish you luck too.”

“Thank you,” Andy said. He let go of her hand and she walked away with wide eyes. She expected to argue with him to leave. Maybe even herself wavering at one point. But this was it. She was free. Now what?

II: Evan:

He's still bitter. Can you blame him? His girlfriend had been cheating on him for years. She turned him down for a marriage proposal. Now she wanted to dump him? Evan gritted his teeth.

“Let her go,” Ian said next to him. The younger director looked up at him.

“You have got to be kidding me,” the look on his face said. Ian gave him a sympathetic smile.

“Sometimes, you just can't let dick or pussy get in the way of your work,” he said. Evan snorted.

“What would you know about my problems?” he asked.

“I've seen it all before,” Ian said. “Besides, you won't have to see much of her anymore.” The younger director looked confused.

“What do you mean?” he asked.

“Didn't you hear?” the older man asked. “She's leaving the Factory.” Evan narrowed his eyes.

“You're joking,” he said.

“No,” Ian said. “She's going to be working with Yoko Han.”

“Oh…” the younger man said. Evan noticed the curious look on Ian's face.

“What?” he asked.

“Tell me,” the older director said. “What do you plan to do when you leave the Factory?” Evan tilted his head.

“Making movies,” he said. “Why?” Ian had a sad smile on his face.

“Ian, what's wrong?” he asked. The older director shook his head. He patted Evan on the back.

“Nothing, I hope,” he said. Ian went back to work with cutting up the film and putting it back together. The younger director narrowed his eyes. He didn't like how any of this sounded. Maybe Pandora had the right idea to get out when she could.

III: Hunter:

He's happy that she's free. Maybe he should do the same too. Pandora got lucky when she had an old. Hunter wasn't granted that yet. Still, he had his own little issue to deal with. That would be coming this evening.

Hunter woke up to a knock on his door. He grumbled to himself as he pulled himself out of his bed. Who the hell was knocking on his door? The actor dragged himself to the front door. He looked out through the peep hole. Evan stood outside with his hands in his pockets. A confused look came over Hunter's face as he opened the door.

“Evan?” he asked. “What are you doing here?” The director glared at him. He drew back his fist for a punch, but Hunter grabbed him by the wrist. Evan growled and tried to punch him again. The actor grabbed his other wrist. The director tried to pull out his grasp.

“Let me go!” he barked. Hunter started shushing him in his face.

“Come down, mate,” he said.

“No!” Evan shouted. Hunter let him fight it out until she got tired. The actor looked at Evan in the eyes.

“Do you want to come inside and talk?” he asked. The director glared at him.

Both men sat in the living room. Evan still glared at Hunter. The actor already knew what was coming.

“What exactly did you come here for?” he asked. “Are you here to beat me up? Do you want an apologize? Or do you want to talk?”

“Shut up,” Evan hissed. Hunter put up his hands.

“Okay, okay,” he said. “I get it.” Both men sat in silence. Hunter leaned back on his couch. Evan clicked his tongue.

“She loves us both, you know?” Hunter said. The other man glared at him.

“Shut up,” he said again. The actor shrugged.

“You know it's true,” he said.

“I said shut up!” Evan snapped. “Just shut up!”

“So why did you come here?” Hunter asked. The director folded his arms across his chest.

“I don't know,” he said. The actor nodded.

“Okay,” he said. “We'll just sit here until you figure out what you are doing next. Sound cool?” Evan only stared daggers.

“Right…” Hunter said. Both men sat in silence.

IV: Jemima:

Jemima's time at the Factory is about to come to an end. She's going away with Pandora. There is nothing here for her in the Factory. She got all that she could from Andy. Now, it was time to move on. Plus, the atmosphere was changing.

She didn't know when she first noticed it. Maybe it was when Pandora had her first exhibit outside of the Stardust Factory. Maybe it was Evan's outburst at the after party. Either way, Jemima knew it was time to go. Pandora just gave her the opening. But even then, Jemima knows that she can't hang onto her designer friend.

Pandora needed to really grow. Leaving the Factory was the first step. The second step was signing on to do a collaboration with a famous fashion designer. However, Pandora only took the job because Jemima agreed to model with her. Yoko Han let her and the model agreed. Looking back, Jemima realized that Pandora wouldn't move until her friend pushed her forward. That's how Pandora ended up in design. That's how Pandora became interested in fashion. That's how Pandora went to Japan. That's how Pandora got the deal with Yoko Han. Jemima wasn't needed anymore. They had grown into separate people.

Maybe it was time to break away. But not yet. There was still something Jemima needed to do.

V: Andy:

He knows the Factory is in trouble. He doesn't have much money anymore. People were starting to lose interest in the Stardust Factory stars. It didn't take long for the first one to leave. Then again, he didn't blame her. They all knew that she needed to get out and grow. If letting her go was the way to do it, then who was he to stop her.

However, there is still other problems with the Factory.

There is the lack of funds for a start. The Stardust Factory is fading away into the background of pop culture. How long before everyone left to grow for themselves? One already left. It won't be long before more would follow. But Andy isn't worried about any of that. He's just going to ride this out and see where he ends up.

On the upside, more stars are still pouring into the Factory. And this is only the beginning of the New Year.

VI: Liberation:

Pandora is free now. She is going to be a star with Yoko Han. It all goes well she will be going international. She had her friend by her side. But what about her lovers? She doesn't want to get married. However, Pandora still wants a great romance. Will it be with Evan or Hunter?

Evan seems to be out of the question. He doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with her anymore. She broke his heart and he's still mad at her. It would be best if she let him get it out of his system. Pandora said her peace and now had to let him get it all out his system. At best, they could become friends again. At worst, it will all be over, and they will go their separate ways. She hopes it will the former. But what about Hunter?

He's willing to let her go. Hunter wants her to chase after her dreams. He doesn't want to tie her down with a ring. He's made it clear that's she more than ass on the side. Hunter truly does love Pandora. Which is why he is letting her go to pursue her dreams. Will their relationship stay the same after their reached their dreams in the future?

Which man shall she choose? That's not on her mind right now. Pandora has a career to focus on. And after she gets big, she might choose between her boys. Or could she end up picking another lover in her future?

VII: Pandora:

-Pandora-

I've done it. I have broken away. I will be working with Ms. Han in the spring. After that, I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe I will try to launch my own shoe line in the summer. There's so much that I can do. I don't know where to start. I… I need to sit down.

I sat down on my bed.

I wish Andy and the Factory luck, though. I think they're going to do fine.

VIII: One Pin Down:

Pandora has gone away. She's going to be big in the designer shoe world. She's already got a good start. Pandora is going to make her way. How many more are going to leave? Who knows? We will have to see. For now, goodbye Pandora Wolfe. May the future be in your favor.

Black Designs