Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Emily and Nia ( Chapter 59 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Emily and Nia

I: Two Women:

Emily and Nia love Simon. One was in an official relationship. The other was just the woman on the side. Simon wanted to let go of the side girl. But she wouldn't let go of him. The two women were never supposed to meet. But here they were.

Emily came by Simon's apartment unannounced. He tried to push her out, but she wouldn't leave. He had hoped that Nia would never see her. Alas, luck wasn't on his side.

“Simon?” he heard behind him. The man froze before he turned around. Nia stood in the living room. She tilted her head.

“Who is that Simon?” she asked. Emily's eyes lit up as she clapped her hands.

“Oh, you must be Nia,” she said as she walked past her secret lover. She grabbed the other woman by her hands.

“So nice to meet you,” Emily said. Nia blinked at her with a confused look on her face.

“Um… who are you?” she asked. The actress heiress smiled and giggled. Simon felt his stomach drop as the two women he had hoped would never meet were in the same room together. It would only get worse.

Nia clapped her hands together.

“Do you want to come in?” she asked. Simon quickly shook his head. Emily perked up.

“Why yes!” she said. Simon looked like he wanted to faint. Could this get any worse?

II: Awkward Dinner:

The three of them sat at the table. Emily smiled as she looked at the couple. Simon couldn't look into her eyes. Nia didn't know what was going on.

“How do you know Simon?” she asked. Emily smiled like a hungry cat.

“He's a really good friend of mine,” she said. “Really good.” She licked her lips at Simon. He still didn't try to look at her.

“Oh,” Nia said. Emily played with her fork in her fingers.

“So… how long have you been together?” she asked.

“Six years,” the bubbly princess said. The heiress whistled.

“Wow,” she said. “That's amazing.” Nia giggled. Simon shot a cold glare at the heiress.

“Why are you here?” he mouthed at her. Emily pretended that she didn't see him. She kept her gaze on Nia.

“I barely come out here,” the heiress lied. “What is it like?” Nia took a moment to think.

“It's nice, I guess,” she said. “The neighborhood is quiet and it's really safe here.” Emily thought about it and nodded.

“I see,” she said. She put a forkful of salad in her mouth. The heiress looked down at Simon's plate.

“Hm? Aren't you hungry?” Emily asked. Simon put down his chopsticks and walked out of the room.

“Simon?” Nia asked. Emily sat across from her with a smirk on her face.

Now they were alone.

III: Girl's Morning Out:

Nia's phone rang the next morning. She and Simon looked confused. Who was calling her this early in the morning?

“Hello?” Nia asked.

“Nia! Darling! How are you?” Emily asked on the other line.

“Emily?” the confused woman asked. The color drained from Simon's face. What was Emily doing calling his fianc�e? Was she going to tell Nia everything that's been going on? Simon shook his head. Nah, she wouldn't do that.

“Are you up right now?” Emily asked.

“Yes, why do you ask?” Nia asked.

“Excellent!” the heiress said. “Come out and take a walk around Simple Tokyo with me.” The other woman looked confused.

“Why?” she asked.

“Just because,” Emily said. “Are you up for it?” Nia looked over at Simon. He looked like he had been hit by a bus.

“Sure,” his fianc�e said.

“Great!” Emily said. “I'll be there in a few minutes. Bye-bye!” The heiress hung up before the other woman could say another word. Nia stared at her phone before turning to her fianc�.

“Looks like I am going to walk around the city with Emily today,” she said. Simon couldn't say a word. He couldn't even move. Nia tilted her head.

“Is something wrong?” she asked. Her lover didn't answer. She might as well have asked the question far away. Nia shrugged and climbed out of bed.

IV: Girls Over Coffee:

She met Emily at the front door.

“Hey!” she said. The heiress pulled the other woman into a hug.

“How are you today?” Nia asked. Emily let go and stepped back, smiling.

“I'm good,” she said. “And you?”

“Fine,” Nia said. “I'm fine.”

“Great!” Emily said. She grabbed the other woman by the hands.

“Let's go!” she said. The heiress pulled Nia along before she could say another word.

The girls stopped off at a local coffee shop. Emily turned to her with a smile on her face.

“I just had to come here,” she said. “Isn't it cute?” Nia blinked at her.

“I guess…” she said. Emily giggled as she dragged her into the shop. They would sit outside with their coffees and sweets.

V: Talking to the Bride:

“So when is the wedding?”

“In the summer.”

“I see. Have you picked out your dress yet?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have a picture of it?”

“I think so.”

“Can I see it?”

“Sure.” Nia reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone. She scrolled through until she found the picture of her in her wedding dress. Emily leaned in for a look.

“You look so pretty,” she said. Nia blushed.

“T-Thank you,” she said. Emily handed back her phone.

“You make a cute bride,” the heiress said.

“Thank you,” Nia said again. Emily took a sip of her vanilla-cinnamon latte with whip.

“I know you are going to make Simon really happy,” she said.

“You think so?” the bride-to-be asked. Emily gave her a catlike smile.

“Oh, I know so,” she said. “I know you will.”

VI: Envy:

To Emily, Nia lived a charmed life. Sure the heiress had all of the glamor and parties surrounding her. But she didn't have Simon. He was never going to give his heart to her. Nia won in that race. Still, Emily couldn't let him go.

Yeah, Nia lived the charmed love life in her eyes. She had the man that she loved. They were getting married in the summer. From what everything Simon said about her, he really loved Nia. His and Emily's arrangement had to change once he got married. But the heiress won't let him go. Just like he couldn't let go of Nia.

Maybe that's why Emily had to see this blushing bride-to-be for herself.

VII: Two Women:

-Last Night-

Emily drummed her fingertips on her cheek. Nia tilted her head.

“What?” she asked.

“I envy you,” the heiress said.

“What do you mean?” Nia asked.

“You have more than me.”

“How so? You have everything you want. Money, pretty clothes, famous friends, a nice apartment, and many admirers.”

Emily sighed. “But you have Simon. And that makes you richer than I could ever be. That's why I envy you.”

“Is that right?”

“I believe so.”

“Oh…” Nia looked down at her hands. She couldn't take of anything to say. The women looked up when they heard footsteps walking to the living room. Simon stood in the kitchen doorway.

“You okay now?” Emily asked. He didn't say a word as he sat down at the table. The heiress smiled and picked up her fork. She put a piece of chicken in her mouth. The heiress shrugged as she chewed.

“This is pretty good,” she said. The couple looked at each other and said nothing.

VIII: Women in Love:

Emily and Nia both love Simon. One of them has to let go. They don't know it yet, but a giant shift within the year would bring the game to an end. The question was a matter of when.

Black Triangle