Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ End of the Game ( Chapter 60 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

End of the Game

I: One Last Round:

Emily can't let go of Simon. He keeps trying to push her off again. But he always came back. Lately, something has changed. They hadn't seen each other in weeks. That didn't worry her. Simon would usually reply back and tell her that he can't make it. Now, he just won't answer her calls. Probably too busy with planning his wedding with Nia. If she had a clue of the true nature of their relationship, she didn't say.

Emily flicked out her cigarette outside the window and sighed. Looks like he was giving her his answer. Still, she had to really know. There was only going to be one way to find out. This was going to be the last time so would so this.

II: One Last Invitation:

Emily pulled out her phone. Almost noon, huh? The heiress shrugged to herself. She opened up her text message app. So many new texts. Funny, they seemed to be slowly disappearing. She didn't care. There was only one response that mattered to her today. Emily tapped Simon's number. She began to type up her latest/last text.

“Hey baby. I'm horny. Meet me at our usual hotel room.”

She smiled as she put little kissy emojis after the message. Emily hit send and climbed out her bed. The heiress smiled to herself.

III: Hotel Room:

Once again, she ended up back their hotel room. Their hotel room. She always rented out Room 518. Emily slid in the keycard. The smell of cigarettes and pine greeted her nose. She closed eyes and took it in. Felt like coming home—again.

Emily walked into the room and took off her boots. She flopped down onto the large king-sized bed. Her arms spread out on the top. January was about to be over in a few weeks. Somehow, this felt fitting.

The heiress' eyes looked up at the ceiling. There was that old ballerina-shaped stain over the bed. Emily reached up as if to grab it. That stain looked so… endearing in a way. She wondered why they haven't cleaned it off. Simon asked the same thing.

“Why do they not clean it?” he asked after the first time they had sex in the room. Emily shrugged her shoulders.

“I don't know,” she said. “I don't mean it.” She reached up as if to grab it. Simon traced the shape with his eyes.

“Hm,” he said at last.

Emily took in the shape in present day. This might be the last time she will ever look at it again.

IV: Rainy Night:

They said it's going to rain again. Emily looked out the hotel window. It rained that first night too. Simon found this whole hotel by accident. The couple was trying to get out of the rain.

“My hair!” Emily wailed. “It's messing up my hair!” Simon grabbed her by the hands and ran further down the road. The rain poured as they kept running. Simon tried to look around for a place to take shelter. He happened to find a hotel up in the distance.

“There!” Simon shouted.

“Huh?” Emily asked. The couple started running faster. They made it under the shade in front of the hotel. The couple caught their breath.

“We made it,” Simon said. He turned to see her smiling.

“What?” he asked. She took him by the cheeks and kissed him. Simon froze. His body felt hot all over. That kiss couldn't have lasted for more than twenty seconds. Emily slowly pulled away. Simon blinked.

“What was that for?” he asked. The heiress shrugged.

“Just felt like it,” she said.

“Oh…” Simon mumbled. The heiress gave him a little smirk.

“Aren't you going to show me inside?” she asked.

“Huh?” the man asked. Emily pointed to the building next to them. Simon turned his head.

“Oh…” he said. The heiress giggled as she grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him inside.

Back in present, it started to rain like promised.

V: Andy and Emily:

This relationship was dying away too. Andy's on search for something different. Everything is about to change this yet. Emily was the muse of the of Andy. But the winds are changing. The time for the Stardust Factory is numbered. Emily should move onto different things.

California sounds good. Her mother emailed her the other day. She asked her to come home. Now she wants her wayward daughter to come home? Is somebody dying? Emily smirked to herself as she stared at her phone. Funny, why would they care after all of this time? The heiress shook her head. She didn't care anymore. Usually, she would just ignore the message and move on. This time was different. Maybe it could be time to come home.

Emily heard how Andy let Pandora go. Would he be doing the same with her? How would she even react?

Emily looked out the window again and flicked out her cigarette. Simon might not be the only one to leave her.

Somehow, she was okay with this.

VI: Waiting:

How long has it been? Emily looked at her phone. It's close to ten now. He's still not here. She turned back to the window. They had been together for close to five years now. It was last month he tried to end it with her. Emily wouldn't take the hint. At least not yet anyway.

She looked down at her long tan raincoat. Emily even went all out for tonight. She wasn't wearing anything under her coat. Emily looked at her phone again. Not much time has passed. Emily sighed and lowered her phone. She turned her attention back to the window.

At least the rain drowned out the silence.

VII: Final Answer:

-Emily-

He's not coming, is he? I stared at my phone. It's about to be midnight soon. He hasn't returned my calls or my texts. I shook my head to myself. I should've known this was coming. But why does it hurt a little bit?

I shouldn't feel like this. Simon made his choice. He is ending the game. I should not be surprised. I shoved my phone into my pocket. I turned and walked out of the room for the last time.

Well, okay. Simon's made his choice. I smiled to myself. Good luck, Simon. You be good to Nia, yeah? I wish you both luck.

VIII: Game Over:

So the game is officially over. Simon and Emily have gone their separate ways. This is just another sign of things falling to pieces. And it's still January. What's going to crash and burn next?

Black Game