Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Queen of Misery ( Chapter 68 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Queen of Misery

I: Heartbreak:

This wasn't supposed to happen. She wasn't looking to married, but still. He was her favorite man. She figured that they would have three more years together.

It started with a phone call to her apartment.

“Hello?” she asked. Andrea sat up in bed.

“You can't be serious,” she said. “No…” Her heart sank in her chest.

“Oh…” she said. The phone dropped from her hand.

“Hello? Are you still there?” a man's voice asked on the other line. “Hello? Hello?” She wouldn't even get out of bed for the day. From there, things became unraveled.

II: Ophelia and Andrea:

Ophelia tried to warn her.

“What do you plan to do after the Factory?” she asked. Andrea turned her head.

“Huh?” she asked.

“You know,” Ophelia said. “What are you going to do after this?” Andrea frowned as she thought about that.

“I don't know,” she admitted. “Why?” Ophelia stretched her arms above her head.

“I'm going to Paris soon,” she said. “They are offering me a role in a movie.” Andrea gave her a strange look.

“Why there?” she asked.

“It's a job,” Ophelia said.

“There are still jobs here,” Andrea said. The other actress frowned and shook her head.

“You don't get it, do you?” she asked. “We are past our sell by date in this country. At twenty-five, you are middle-aged. These twenty-something models keep commenting on my age. Plus, it's hard to get acting roles now.”

“Not for me,” Andrea said. Ophelia looked at her and wrinkled her nose.

“And how long is that going to last?” she asked. Andrea didn't have an answer. Ophelia might have been right, but that message didn't come through. Maybe it should've.

III: Shooting Day:

Andrea has a small part in this movie. That was fine with her. Ophelia's words started to get to her. She had to make this count.

She only had three lines in this project. Only fifteen minutes of screen time. Andrea had on a bright green dress. She did her hair up in messy curls. The actress stood by the door to the Indigo Kids' room. Andrea shifted in place. How many takes was this? Eighteen? Twenty? Twenty-three? She didn't know anymore. When did this stop being fun?

Andrea stood up straight when the door opened. Andy and Ian stood in the doorway. She had to force herself to smile.

“Action,” Ian said. The scene began again. By now, Andrea was just tired. Maybe it was time to move on. But where to? Perhaps she needs a phone call to push her in the right direction.

IV: Old Friend:

Andrea made it home from shooting for the day. As soon as she made it to her room, she noticed the light on her answering machine blinking. A curious look came across her face.

“Hm?” she asked. Andrea walked over and pressed play.

“Hey, it's me, Carrie Ann. We used to go to school together. I hope you are doing well. Your mom gave me your number. I am coming by Tokyo for the day tomorrow. Call me back do that we can meet up. My number is 323-658-1212. Goodbye.”

“End of messages,” the answering machine said.

Andrea sank to her knees. Her hand trembled as she hit play again.

“Hey, it's me, Carrie Ann. We used to go to…”

Something warm stirred in her heart. Maybe, everything wasn't going too bad after all.

V: Another Cut:

It's another day of shooting. By now, Andrea was bored. How many more shoots of this were they going to do? Maybe it was time to move on. At least she would have Carrie Ann coming to visit this afternoon to look forward to after all. She just had to get through this last shoot.

Andrea lifted her head as the door opened. Once again, Ian and Andy walked through the room. This time, something was a little bit different. Violet was with them along with Candy Floss. What was this? When did this change happen? Andrea was tempted to ask.

“Action,” Ian said. And then the scene began again. Andrea didn't even know what going on for her last scene. She tried to keep up with the three-way back and forth. It started to hurt with her smile. But she couldn't break “character”. (Not like she was really playing a character anyway. Andrea just had to be herself for her scenes.)

When it was over, Andrea was happy to be done with filming.

“Thank you for your hard work,” she said.

“Good work, everyone!” Andy said. Andrea bowed and left the Stardust Factory for the last time.

VI: Old Friends Reunite:

Andrea called Carrie Ann earlier that morning.

“Hey, it's me,” she said. “I have a film shoot this afternoon. You want to meet up this evening?” Andrea took a listen as she stared up at the ceiling. A small smile spread across her face.

“Great. Let's meet up at the Blue Dolphin,” she said. “I'll send you the directions right now.” Andrea went to Google Maps and typed up the directions. She sent them off.

“Did you get them?” the actress asked. “Good. I will see you then.” Andrea hung up and dropped her phone on the floor. She looked at the ceiling again. She would have to get up to get to work again.

By evening. Andrea made her way to the Blue Dolphin. She tipped the cab driver and stepped out. The actress waited as they drove off. Andrea pulled out her phone and dialed up Carrie Ann.

“I'm here,” she said. “Where are you now?” Andrea turned and looked at the club behind her.

“Okay, I'm heading inside now,” she said. The actress hung up and went inside.

Being in this club made her feel older for some reason. Andrea couldn't put her finger on it. Was it all of these twenty-somethings partying like they didn't have a care in the world? Was it the hip Eurotrash music blasting through the speakers? Or maybe it was the Molly she had before coming here.

Andrea made her way to the bar. She had to push her way to the bartender.

“Andrea?” she heard behind her over the music. The actress turned around to see a brunette with wrinkles and laugh lines on her face. She got up from her seat and walked over to her. Andrea narrowed her eyes for a second.

“Who are you?” she asked. The woman managed to seat next to her.

“It's me,” she said. Andrea's eyes widened.

“Carrie Ann?” she asked. Joy started to fill her chest.

“Oh my god! It's really you!” she shouted. The women squealed and hugged.

“How have you been?” Carrie Ann asked.

“Fine,” the actress said. “I'm an actress now.” Her old friend covered her mouth.

“Wow!” she said. Andrea caught notice of her friend's left hand.

“What is that?” she asked. The actress reached forward and looked at her hand. She gasped when the diamond caught the flashing colored lights.

“You're getting married?” she asked. Carrie Ann's cheeks turned bright red.

“When?” Andrea asked.

“December,” her friend said.

“Wow! I'm so happy for you!” the actress said.

“T-T-Thank you,” Carrie Ann said. The women spent the night drinking and talking. Towards midnight, Andrea planned out her final scene.

VII: Final Act:

Three days later, the final act came together. First, Andrea texted all of her exes to come by her apartment complex. She didn't tell them what she was doing. All the message said that this was her final act. She smiled as she hit send. This was going to make her a legend. She gathered up what she needed and walked out of her apartment for the last time.

Around noon, a ground of men gathered around the outside the apartment complex. They all had confused looks on their faces.

“What are we doing out here?” one of the men asked. Nobody had an answer. Suddenly, someone looked up and pointed at the roof.

“Look up there!” someone yelled. The crowd looked up. Andrea stood on the roof of the building. Before anyone could ask, the actress leapt from the building. She held a crucifix and a bible in her hands. Andrea was also nude.

Her body was taken away moments later.

VIII: Another Fading Star:

That's another star gone. The stars keep disappearing. Can the project be made it to its goal. It's not looking good for the Stardust Factory.

Black Fall