Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Kei ( Chapter 71 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Kei

I: Charmed Life:

-Kei-

Everyone treats me like a queen. But my sister makes me feel like a prisoner. She won't let me do anything fun. I'm so bored!

“You won't let me do anything!” I whined.

“I don't want you to get into more trouble,” Kiko said. I puffed up my cheeks and frowned. My sister gave me a sympathetic look.

“Look,” she said. “You are still recovering from your accident. We're trying to get you back to normal. Don't try to make that more difficult than it already is.” Kiko grabbed me by the cheeks.

“Do you understand me?” she asked. I frowned and rolled my eyes.

“Fine!” I shouted. Kiko let go of my cheeks.

“Good,” she said. “Now, help me get dinner ready.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I muttered. I followed her into the kitchen.

II: Alone at the Party:

I don't know why I came here anymore. I don't know any of these people here. They keep talking about how much they know me. I just smile and nod at them. I looked down at my drink. Maybe I should just go home.

I clutched my cup. No! I won't show Kiko that she was right. I am going to enjoy tonight. I took another sip of my drink. I happened to look up and see this girl with butterfly wings and glitter on her face. She handed me a blue pill with a heart on it.

“What is this?” I asked. This woman grabbed at me. I took the pill and popped it into my mouth. My head started to float as the rush started to float around in my head. I must have had a catlike smile on my face. It didn't take me long to get into the groove.

This is the best party ever.

III: Trip Up North:

-Outside-

This mess started with a phone call. Kei had just gotten back to her apartment in the early hours of the morning.

“Hello?” she asked.

“Hey, Kei!” a familiar voice said. Her eyes widened.

“Shoji-kun?” she asked. “How have you been? I haven't heard from you in so long.”

“Not much,” he said. “How about you?” Kei threw back her head and groaned.

“Nothing much,” she said. “I am so bored.”

“Listen, my brother's having a party up in Sapporo,” Shoji said. “Want to come with me?” It didn't take much for her to get her attention. Kei's eyes lit up when he said, “party”.

“Hell yes!” she shouted. “When?”

“I'll come get you tonight,” he said. Kei squealed happily. Finally, something exciting was happening.

“I will see you there,” she said. “Goodbye.” The heiress danced around her phone in her hand. She had been hoping for some excitement. Now, she was getting it.

Kei started packing for an overnight stay.

IV: A Phone Call:

Lately, things had been strained between Kei and Conrad. They hadn't been talking much. It had gotten so bad that Kiko took notice.

“Did something happen between them?” she asked. Simon shrugged and shook his head. Kiko looked at the strained couple.

“Hum,” she said.

That being said, Kei still had to let Conrad know where she was going. Minutes before she left, the heiress picked up her phone.

“Hey, it's me. I can't pick up the phone right now. Just leave a message and I might call you back,” his voice mail message said. Kei sighed as the other end beeped.

“Hey, Conrad, it's me, Kei,” she said. “I'm just letting you know that I'm going to Sapporo for the weekend. I might be back by tomorrow night. I called just to let you know.” She turned when she heard a horn honking outside.

“I've got to go. Goodbye,” she said. Kei hung and walked out the door.

V: The Accident:

Breaking News:

An accident has occurred just outside of Tohoku. The icy roads overnight led to two cars skidding off the road and crashing into the ditch. It appears they were trying to swerve from a car stalling in the middle of the road. No word on who's dead or critically ignored just yet. We will keep you updated with new developments.

The last thing Kei could remember was breaking glass in front of her. Then everything went black.

VI: Princess on the Roof:

-Kei-

Somehow, I ended up on the roof. I hung my foot over the edge. Wow. I am so high up from the ground. One step over and I'm done for. I could feel something cold on my skin. The ends of my hair blew in the breeze.

Suddenly, a jerk through my body pulled me back into reality. I about stumbled off the ledge. Why was I here? What am I doing? I felt a knot form in my throat.

“Kei! Kei!”

Someone grabbed me on the shoulder. I turned to see Conrad and Simon standing behind me.

“Conrad? Simon?” I asked.

“Are you okay? Why are you crying?” Simon asked. Crying? I reached up and touched my cheek.

“Oh,” I said. My voice was trembling.

VII: New Prison:

Now, I am in another prison. My bitch of a sister had me taken away in the morning. Conrad and Simon took me home. Kiko ran over and hugged me.

“Don't ever do that to be again!” she shouted. I didn't have anything to say.

In the morning, Kiko woke me up and took me out to a car. It didn't take me long to figure out what was going on. I backed up and shook my head.

“No… Oh hell no!” I shouted. Kiko gave her a calm look.

“I'm so sorry, my dear sister,” she said. “But this is for your own good.” I tried to run but into the apartment, but the men in the white coats grabbed me and pushed me into the car. Kiko climbed in next to me. I glared at her as we pulled away.

I wouldn't go home for eight weeks.

VIII: It's a Beautiful Life:

-Outside-

Yamaguchi Kei looks like she is finally getting some help. There might be a way to steer this away before everything crashes into flames. Maybe…

We will have to see.

Black Rehab