Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ The End of an Era ( Chapter 81 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

The End of an Era

I: Ten Years Later:

Ten years have passed. The art world has moved on. Pop culture has moved on. The Factory stood alone. There's no one inside. It's just been left as a relic of the past. The city hasn't decided what they were going to do with it yet. As of right now, it just stands being lost in time.

People still walk by it every day. Less and less people think about it anymore. How long before nature or the city claims it as its own?

II: Walk Around the Old Neighborhood:

A man in a cloak walked around Simple Tokyo. He hadn't been here in so long. Not much had changed about the city. He smiled and shook his head. The man didn't know how long he was going to stay here.

“Simon?” he heard behind him. The man froze in his tracks. He slowly turned his head. Kei and Conard stood across the street, waving at him. Simon smiled and took off his hood.

“Kei, Conrad!” he said. The couple hurried across the street. It felt so surreal.

“It's been so long,” Kei said. Simon nodded.

“Yes,” he said. “Yes it has.”

“How have you been?” Conrad asked.

“Good,” Simon said. He took a moment to look at the couple.

“Are you married now?” the man asked.

“Yes,” Kei and Conrad said. Simon whistled.

“Wow,” was all that he could say.

III: Where Did the Stars Go?:

What of the stars? Oh, they are still around. Some of them died. Some of them retired. And the rest are still going strong in their own way. The Indigo Kids are still around. They are in the middle of a tour, in fact. Pandora and Jemima are doing great with their careers. Hunter's in a new movie. Toshiko is making her way in the acting world. Same with Mona, Savannah, and Jamaica.

Andy gave them their start. They are proving they can survive without him.

What about the ones who died?

Emily Bellman= Barbiturate overdose

Jenny Cooper-Moon= Crashing bike while having a heartache

Andrea Teal= Suicide

Candy Floss= Lymphoma

Eric= Suicide

They were all stars, and they will all be missed.

IV: The Old Days:

Simon, Conrad, and Kei sat on the park bench.

“I'm sorry for your loss,” Kei said.

“It's okay,” Simon said. He looked down at Nia's ring around his neck. Ten long years.

“So what have you been up to?” Conrad asked.

“Not much,” Simon said. “Just wandering around. You?”

“Not much,” Kei said. “We've just been here and there. I'm still in control of 9 Records. They are doing great, thank you.”

“I'm doing good myself,” Conrad said. “Got a new job at that new theater downtown. I'm an usher there.”

“Oh, I see,” Simon said. Kei looked up at the sky.

“It's so strange,” she said. “The three of us together again. Just like the good old days.” The men looked up at the sky.

“Yeah,” Conrad said. Simon smiled to himself. Maybe he could stay a little bit longer.

V: Miserable Waste:

What about Carley? After she got out of prison, she fell on hard times. She didn't have much money. Carley found it hard to pick up with sex work again. Not many men want to sleep with a man-hating lesbian who tried to kill a famous artist. She stalked Andy and others over the phone. Carley ended up getting arrested again. She found herself in and out mental institutions over the past ten years. In the end, she left Neo-Tokyo altogether.

Carley wound up in a run-down motel. She spent her days writing a new manifesto. It would eventually turn into an autobiography. Not many went to see her. Why would they after all? Society saw her as crazy after all. Only Violet Rays tracked her down a year after Andy's death. The phone call didn't last long. Violet only asked how she was doing, and that Andy was dead.

“Andy's dead?” Carley asked.

“Yes,” Violet said. There wasn't much to talk about after that.

Carley died of pneumonia in her motel room. The cleaning staff found her in the morning. And that was the tragic story of Carley Dixon.

VI: Reunion:

Over the summer, Ian met up with Violet in the Blue Whale bar. She was the one who made the call.

“Violet?” Ian asked.

“Hey,” she said. “How have you been?”

“Good,” he said. “And you?”

“Good, I have been good. Listen, are you busy right now?” Violet asked.

“No, why do you ask?” Ian asked.

“Meet me with at the Blue Whale,” she said. “I want to catch up with you.” She hung up before he could say a word.

The pair sat at the bar with their drinks.

“How's Evan doing?” Violet asked.

“Great,” Ian said. “He's directing his first movie all by himself.”

“Ah, cool.”

“Are you still making art?”

“Yes.”

“Well that's good.”

Violet took another drink before she asked that biggest question on her mind. “How is Andy?”

Ian took in a breath and rubbed the back his head. “I don't really know. I left the Factory shortly after I took the pictures of his scars.”

“Oh,” Violet said. They sat quietly finishing their drinks.

That would be the last time they could see each other again. Years later, Violet would die of cancer.

VII: Andy:

And what about Andy? He was still making art. Maybe losing the Factory was the best thing to happen to him. Ever since the stabbing, he became more withdrawn. That movie got released eventually. There is a rumor going around that there are two version out on the internet. The official one just before Andy gets to the top of the Factory and the director's cut with the attempted murder. The hunt is on for the director's cut. It didn't matter to Andy. He just made more art and show it off in a private collection.

Andy died in his sleep last year due to a sudden heart condition following a successful gallbladder surgery. There was a private funeral for him days later. His body was cremated.

VIII: Curtain Call:

And that is the story of the Factory. As the curtain closes, we move on to the next story. Good night, everyone. Good night.

Black Ending