Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann Fan Fiction / Crossover With Non-anime Series Fan Fiction ❯ Factory ❯ Falling Action ( Chapter 80 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Falling Action

I: Aftermath:

News of the stabbing spread through the art community. Carley's name became infamous. The rumors didn't take long to form.

“Is Andy dead?”

“Why did she stab him?”

“She was pregnant by him.”

“No, she wasn't. She's a lesbian.”

“So you think he…”

“No, he's gay. He wouldn't dream of it.”

“Then why?”

“She is a radical feminist.”

“I heard she was planning on starting a revolution to kill of the men in the world.”

“That's crazy.”

“I know, right?”

Meanwhile, Andy lay in a coma in his bed. Was he ever going to wake up? If so, when? It looked pretty bad. He was barely hanging on in the ambulance. It was a miracle he didn't die on the way to the hospital. Ian and Mark didn't have much hope that he would make it.

II: Arrest:

Carley was taken away without resistance. Ian already wrestled the knife out of her grasp. Mark and Ian had to hold her down until police arrived. She screamed and tried to fight them.

“Death to all men!” Carley shouted at one point. The shouting died down when the police dragged her away. The crowd watched as she was dragged away, covered in blood. Some had their cell phones out filming and taking pictures. Carley growled at one of the bystanders. She had the right to remain silent. She was going to remain so all the way to the police station. She was going to remain so in jail. She was going to remain so leading up to the trail.

III: Scars:

Andy managed to survive. Are you surprised by this? They say he had the devil's luck. Ian and Mark were shocked.

“Can we see him?” Mark asked.

“Are you family?” the doctor asked.

“Yes,” Ian said. “We both are.” The doctor didn't say a word. He turned and led them down the hall.

Andy sat up in his bed, sketching. He managed to convince the nurses to get him a pen and some paper. Ian and Mark found him.

“Andy,” Ian said. The artist looked up at him.

“Hey,” he said.

“How are you?” Mark asked. Andy waved his pen in the air.

“Fine,” he said. “Bit sore. But I am fine.” He finished off his latest sketch.

“Carley's in jail now,” Ian said. “She's being charged with attempted murder.”

“Is that right?” Andy asked.

“Yes,” the director said in a low voice. “I'm so sorry that she got loose. I don't know how it happened.” The artist stuck his hand up in air. Ian looked confused.

“Andy?” he asked. Andy lowered his hand.

“It's fine,” he said.

“But…” Ian said.

“It's fine,” Andy said again. He moved on to the next sheet of paper. Ian and Mark looked at each other. What was he thinking? They could see all of the scars all over his body.

IV: Trial:

Carley's trial was two years later. The way there had its own problems. After an evaluation, she was deemed mentally unfit for trial. She had been in and out of mental hospitals. It was rough, but they managed to get her back on her medication. Some of the nurses found her creepy. Looking back in her history, Carley was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

After years of medication and hospital stays, Carley was deemed fit for trial. She represented herself and plead guilty for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon. Carley was sentenced to ten years in prison. She would only serve two.

V: Movie's Fate:

What about that movie they were working on? It's unfinished. There is no ending. Some people want to scrap it. Others want to air it without the ending. It's all up to Andy, really. He hasn't said what he wants to do about it.

Violet's mother wants her to leave now. Her daughter has no choice but to do so. Ian tried to get Andy to talk about the film at least.

“What do you want to do?” he asked. Andy didn't look up from his sketches.

“Do as you want with it,” he said. Ian frowned. So it was all down to him now? Violet was already gone. No one else wanted to touch it. It came down to him. Ian dropped his shoulders.

“Fine,” he said. “But can I keep the negatives?” Andy waved him off.

“Do as you like,” he said. The other director sighed and shook his head. So Andy wasn't going to help him, huh? Did Carley take away his will to care that much?

Oh boy…

VI: They Leave One by One:

The stars are walking away. Some of them died after the movie. There were still some hanging on after the stabbing. Andy seemed to have stopped caring. Everything is drifting away from the Factory's allure. The money is all but gone. Most of the stars are gone. The rest might as well go. Ian wonders why he hasn't left yet.

One evening, Andy came to Ian with a strange request. At first, the director blinked at him.

“You want me to what now?” he asked. Andy smiled and took off his shirt. He handed Ian the camera.

“Take the picture,” he said.

“Are you sure?” Ian asked.

“Yes,” Andy said. He held out his arms and to show off the scars on his torso. Ian went pale as he held up the camera. He shouldn't be doing this. He should've said no. Even now, Andy still had a powerful hold over him with his charm.

Click.

VII: Now What?

Where does that leave them now? The Factory has no money now. The movie is on hold indefinitely. Most of the stars are gone. Andy has a new interest in photos of his scars. Ian takes the pictures out of discomfort.

“What do you plan to do with these?” he asked.

“I don't know,” Andy said. Click.

He's still painting and drawing. Nothing grand scale. Just small pieces of art for himself and those who are still with him. Maybe he could come back from this. Not the Factory though. That's dead and over. It's just going to be Andy on his own now.

VIII: Closing Curtain:

And just like that, the era of the Stardust Factory has ended. It's ended in bloodshed. However, this story is not yet over. There is one more act to play out. Come along and see.

Black Aftermath