The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ The Hero of Time Awakens ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lil Lovely Angel: For a long time I've been wanting to type this story. I had fears that I'd never finish it. I'm gonna shoot for it anyways. This is my first Legend of Zelda story and I hope everyone likes it. I do not own any LOZ characters for they all belong to Nintendo. Here we go everyone!!!
 
 
 
 
 
The Hero of Time raced through the Hyrule castle searching desperately for her but she was no where to be found. Princess Zelda had vanished from her room and was no where in sight. Link rushed outside to the castle courtyard where he had found his princess. She was being held captive by the evil Ganondorf. “That's as far as you go, Hero of Time. Surrender the Master Sword to me and your princess will live.” He said. Link's blue eyes surged with anger as well as caution. He couldn't risk losing Zelda but the Master Sword wielded so much power. He couldn't let Ganondorf have it. “Don't do it Link! You can't give up to him!!”
 
“Silence princess! What will it be? The sword or the princess?”
 
Link reluctantly unsheathed his sword and approached Ganondorf with it. The greedy look in Ganondorf's eyes made Link furious. Just as he was about to hand over the sword, Zelda screamed out to him. “Stop Link!!! You can't do it!”
 
“I've heard enough!”
 
Ganondorf took a dagger from his waist and pierced Zelda's back with it. Both Zelda and Link's screams filled the air. Link was forced to watch his beloved princess be impaled by his enemy. He watched as the Gerudo ripped the dagger from her back and push her forward. Link ran to Zelda, catching her before she hit the ground. “Just to make things fair, I should send you to be with her. Die will Hero of Time.”
 
Just as Ganondorf was about to strike Link, time had stopped. Everything except for Link had frozen in place. The surroundings began to disappear until Link had been swallowed by darkness. When Link had realized it, he was standing in a great hall. There, three women stood before him. “Who are you?” He asked. “I am Din.”
 
“I am Farore.”
 
“And I am Naryu”
 
“We are the three Goddesses that created the world you live in.”
 
Link stood up and approached the three women then let his head fall. “I couldn't protect my princess. I don't deserve to be called the Hero of Time. I wish to die along with my princess.” He said to the three goddesses. Din stepped forward and placed and hand on Link's face, tilting it up. “Do not trouble yourself Link. We see all that has been and all that will be. In one hundred years time, the six sages will be reborn and Zelda will arise to fight the evil that threatens this world. You will sleep for one hundred years Hero. Sleep until you are awakened again.”
 
Link looked over to Zelda's beautiful corpse and shook his head. “I accept.”
 
“Then sleep Hero, sleep until the day of awakening has arrived.”
 
The three goddesses used their power to put Link to sleep as well as all of Hyrule. From Death Mountain to Zora's Domain to Kokiri Forest, all was put into a deep sleep.
 
::: I've been having this dream for the past month. Is it an oracle of what the future may hold or is it a silly illusion? I see the boy in green with a silver light following behind him. He stands there, extending his hand to me. Who is he? Where does he come from? Why does he call to me? Only time will tell… :::
 
She opened her lovely blue eyes and looked around to find herself in a chamber with beautiful color pedestals around. She looked beneath her and saw that she was standing in the center of the room. The girl turned in every direction but saw no one. “You are the one who was chosen by destiny. You will awaken the Hero of Time and restore beauty to this dreary land.”
 
“Chosen by destiny? I don't get it! Who are you?? Is this a dream?”
 
The blonde haired girl awakened from the dream and sat up. She was in her bed, in her room. Looking around, she saw that the sun had risen outside. It was time to get ready for school. She got out of her bed and walked to the bathroom. After taking brushing her teeth and taking a quick shower, the blonde walked back to her room. When she arrived, she turned on her stereo and sat in front of her mirror. Her reflection was a blonde haired, blue eyed girl at the age of sixteen. Azmara Toyama smiled at her reflection and sang along with the song playing in her room. She dressed herself in her school uniform and ran downstairs to greet her mother, father and younger sister Azalea. “Good morning Azmara. I hope you slept well.” Her mother said.
 
“Yes I did. Are you going to take us to school today daddy?”
 
Azmara's father finished his coffee and twirled his car keys around his finger. “I'm taking you and Azalea to school today but you'll have to walk home and pick up your sister.” He said. Azmara and Azalea glared at each other then turned their eyes back to their breakfast plates. “I can't pick her up. I have dance practice with Astrid today.”
 
“Astrid?!?!? Azmara I told you I don't like that boy!”
 
“I think I'll catch a ride with Misami. Bye mom bye dad bye brat!”
 
Azmara grabbed a blueberry muffin and ran out the door and down the street. When she was out of breath, she stopped running and walked toward her school. As she was walking, she heard a voice call from behind. “Azmara!”
 
“Hey Misami.”
 
Misami was Azmara's best friend since Preschool. She wore a uniform much like Azmara's and had long ocean blue hair. The two girls talked about the day before as they walked to their high school Takahashi High School. “Hey Misami, I had the dream again last night.” Azmara said. Misami blinked her green eyes and looked at her best friend. “Was it any different than the others?”
 
“Not at all. I just wish I knew what it meant. It's as if something or someone is calling to me. There's something they want me to do. You don't think I'm crazy right Misami?”
 
Misami wrapped a comforting arm around her best friend, giving her a friendly smile. “Azmara if I thought you were crazy I wouldn't be your best friend. If you were so crazy I wouldn't have shared my lunch with you in preschool.” Azmara giggled with her best friend and ran across the street. They arrived at Takahashi High School and went to their class room. No one was there except for except for their teacher, Miss Kintaro. She greeted her students with a gentle hello and sunny smile. “Good morning Miss Hirogi and Miss Toyama.”
 
“Good morning Miss Kintaro.”
 
Azmara and Misami took out their books and began copying the notes written on the board. When the class had entered, both Misami and Azmara had finished. The two girls sat in class during Miss Kintaro's lecture then moved onto their next class. To Azmara, the day dragged on until lunch. She and Misami had plans to go to the Sakura Café to meet up with Astrid. On days like these he got out of classes early and was at work in his grandmother's shop. As the two friends went to the shop, Azmara could have sworn that she saw a silver light fly across the street. She blinked her eyes twice then turned to follow it. ::: It's just like the silver light in my dreams! I have to follow it. :::
 
Azmara ignored Misami's pleas to slow down in order to follow the silver light. When Azmara turned the corner and bumped into a man in a white suit. “I'm so sorry!”
 
“You should be more careful.”
 
Azmara looked up at the handsome man with flushed cheeks. He helped up to her feet and smiled down to her. “Don't apologize, just be careful all right? Have a good day little miss.” The man walked past Azmara and continued on his way down the street. “He's gorgeous. Huh? What's this?” Azmara knelt down and picked up a golden harp from the ground. “Azmara why couldn't you wait for me?!?!”
 
“Sorry Misami but look at what I found.”
 
Misami looked at the harp in Azmara's hands. She was so fascinated by its beauty that she snatched it from her. “It's so pretty! You found it sitting on the ground? There's no way someone would leave something so valuable sitting around? It has to belong to someone.”
 
“My guess is that the man that I bumped into dropped it. Maybe we can catch up to him.”
 
Misami shrugged and followed behind Azmara. The two girls searched for twenty minutes but had no luck in finding the man they were searching for. Giving up, Azmara and Misami sat down on a bench. “We can't find him. I say we go to Sakura's and get our lunch on the go.” Misami suggested. Azmara nodded in agreement. Just as they were getting ready to go to the café, a red car parked in front of them. The window rolled down to reveal a red haired boy wearing sunglasses. “It's Astrid!”
 
“Hey I've been waiting for my two favorite girls. I had your subs made just the way you two like. Get in, I'll take you both back to school.”
 
Misami sat in the front seat while Azmara sat in the back. She wasn't worried about what Misami and Astrid were talking about, she was too concerned with the mysterious harp she had found. Astrid noticed how quiet Azmara was and called to her. “Azmara!! Why are you so quiet?”
 
“No reason. I'm just spacing out. Anyways, how much longer until you're out of work Astrid?”
 
“Well, I don't get out until seven tonight then I have to come back and help grams close down. So I shouldn't be home until nine tonight.”
 
Azmara didn't have a problem with Astrid's schedule. She was looking forward to spending some alone time tonight. When Astrid pulled up to their school, Azmara and Misami got out of the car, said goodbye to Astrid and left. “Hey Misami, I'm gonna go it alone tonight. I just wanna do some research on the harp.”
 
“Say no more my friend. You just call me in the morning before school.”
 
“Thanks Misami.”
 
And so, Azmara sat at the desk in her room, trying to find clues on the harp that would help her find its owner. After an hour, Azmara could do no more. She was tired and wanted nothing more than to sleep. She sat in her bed and pulled the harp up close to her. She plucked the strings, making her own melody. She smiled to herself when she had finally played a song. “That's pretty.”
 
Just then, a bright light shined outside of Azmara's window. She shielded her eyes from the light and waited for it to subdue. When it finally did, she ran down the stairs and outside to the backyard. “Oh god!! Hey are you all right?” Azmara ran over to the boy in green and turned him over. She cradled his head in her lap and gently touched his face. “Hey, come on you have to wake up. Please wake up.” She whispered. The boy stirred and opened his eyes. When he did, he sat up and smiled to her. “I can't believe it… you're alive. I knew the goddesses would favor me.” He said as he sat up. Azmara gave a look of confusion but the boy smiled to her. “It's all right… it's ok. I'm here for you and you won't ever leave me again my princess. I've missed you so much.” He words became tender and he came closer. Before Azmara knew it, the boy was kissing her passionately on the lips. Her head spun but she regained control and slapped him with an open palm. “Zelda what are you doing?”
 
“First off my name is not Zelda. Secondly, I don't even know you and you don't know me yet you're kissing me. Who the hell are you?!?”
 
The boy stood up and helped Azmara to her feet. “My name is Link, and you are my princess. You are Zelda, princess of Hyrule.” Link introduced. Azmara couldn't believe what was happening. Things were getting stranger by the second. “I have a feeling that is are just going to get stranger.”
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: I'm gonna leave it right there ladies and gentlemen. I hope to see you all very soon at the next chapter.