The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Gift from the Goddesses ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
Azmara sat down on the grass with her hands on her head. Nothing that happened made sense. Out of nowhere, a boy dressed in green had appeared in her backyard and was calling her his princess. She looked to see that Link was nowhere in sight. Getting to her feet, she him found in a tree, sitting on a tree branch. “The goddesses were right. I've come to the future. But how do I get to the past?” He asked himself. Azmara walked over to the tree and tilted her head. “Hey, come down here. You need to start explaining things to me. Where did you come from?” Azmara asked. Link jumped down from the tree and approached Azmara. He looked at her face then nodded. “You definitely resemble Zelda but you're not her. I don't understand. Did you forget about me Zelda?”
 
“For the last time!!! My name is Not Zelda Damnit!!”
 
Azmara attempted to hit Link but he easily caught her hand. Azmara jerked away from Link angrily then walked away from him. “Ohh!! I wish someone would tell me what the hell is going on!!”
 
“You swear too much.”
 
“Shut up!! I only swear when I'm really mad. Thanks to you, I'm in rage!”
 
Link looked at Azmara, shaking his head. Things were definitely confusing. He walked away from Azmara while looking up at the starry night. “Three goddesses, I need your help. Tell me what to do, what path to take.”
 
At that moment, the three goddesses arrived before Link and Azmara. Azmara stared at the three women, for she had never seen anyone so beautiful and unearthly. She felt silly to be standing in the presence of three goddesses without any magnanimous words. Fortunately for her, the three women were very understanding. “Dear child, do not fear us. We understand that you are indeed confused. The man that stands before you is known as Link, the Hero of Time. You, Azmara Toyama, are the Chosen of Destiny.” Din said to Azmara, who had a huge sweat drop running down the back of her head. “Chosen of Destiny?? Me?!?! How can a girl who can't pass seventh grade chemistry the Chosen of Destiny? Couldn't they choose someone else?” Azmara asked frantically. Link placed a hand on Azmara's shoulder and smiled to her. “You have a very important role to fulfill Azmara.” He said. Naryu smiled to Azmara. “That's right. As the Chosen of Destiny, you will receive gifts from us.”
 
Azmara nodded and knelt down before the three goddesses. Din stepped forward and held her hands together. “Azmara, I grant you the power of fire to strike down your enemies.” She said to her. Next was Farore. “Azmara, I grant you the power of the wind. Use it to travel great distances.” She told her. Last was Naryu. “Azmara, I grant you the power of protection. Use it to shield yourself and those you love from the attacks of your enemy.”
 
Azmara accepted her gifts gratefully. Getting to her feet, she smiled to the three women, thanking them humbly for her newfound power. “Thank you three goddesses but what do I use these powers for? What do I do as a Chosen of Destiny?”
 
“I can explain that to you.”
 
The three goddesses smiled to Azmara and Link. “We leave it up to you Hero of Time and Chosen of Destiny. Find the Six Sages and restore beauty back to Hyrule.” The three goddesses vanished from Azmara's backyard, leaving her and Link alone together. “Azmara.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“As the Chosen of Destiny, you are to accompany me on a quest to find the sages and restore peace to Hyrule.”
 
Azmara thought about her duty as the Chosen of Destiny for a minute then sighed. Now that she was linked to the fate of another world, her life was going to change and drastically. “Things aren't going to be the same anymore. For one thing, my parents aren't going to approve of this.” Azmara pointed out. Link put a hand on Azmara's shoulder to comfort her but he knew it wasn't going to be enough. He knew without a doubt that they would make enemies. Azmara was going to have to find the courage to stand against them, for Hyrule's sake. “Azmara!”
 
“Oh my god that's Astrid and Misami!!”
 
“Who?”
 
Azmara frantically pushed Link into the bushes behind her and turned to greet Misami and Astrid. “Azmara I tried calling you but you didn't pick up. Are you ok?” Misami asked. Azmara shook her hands at her friends with a big cheesy smile. “Everything's ok guys. I'm just fine! See, me in one piece. Hahaha, you can go on home and I'll see you guys tomorrow.” Azmara said. She took both Misami and Astrid by the arm and walked them toward her house. “Azmara are you sure you're ok? You're acting really strange. Are you hiding something from us?”
 
“No no no no no no no no nooooooooooo!!! I'm not hiding anything from you guys! Come on do you think that I have something to hide.”
 
“Azmara you shouldn't lie to your friends.”
 
Astrid and Misami looked behind them, past Azmara at Link. They looked back at Azmara, waiting for an explanation. “Ok ok, you guys caught me. This here is my friend and he's new in town. His parents have an apartment in the city but he lost his key so he has nowhere to stay.” Azmara lied again. Astrid looked at Link with a funny grin. He winked at Azmara, nudging her shoulder. “If that's the problem then he can stay with me. Name's Jin Bayashi but everyone calls me Astrid.”
 
“I'm Misami Hirogi, Azmara's best friend.”
 
Link was about to introduce himself but Azmara jerked him closer. “Misami, Astrid, meet Junichi Masaharu.”
 
As the four of them stood together talking, evil eyes watched them from a mirror. “The Hero of Time has awakened! That little girl must have awakened him with some sort of power.” A feminine voice said.
 
“Now we have the power of the Master Sword to deal with.” Boomed a man's voice. One of the villains stepped forward to calm everyone. He rose his hand and everyone's voice died out. “Enough. This girl knows nothing of her newfound power. She will be completely overwhelmed by it. Remember the task that was given to us. Find the new sages and destroy them. The medallions they carry will be placed on the alter and the gateway will open. Once that is done, Lord Ganondorf will awaken.” He said. No one dared to challenge his word for he spoke the truth. Looking out to his colleagues, his eyes fell upon on woman. “Justia, go forth and find the Forest Sage. When you do, bring her back here.”
 
“Of course.”
 
The following morning, Misami had come to Azmara's house to pick her up for school. She waltzed into her room then plopped down on her bed. “What do you think about Junichi?” Misami asked. Azmara tied the bow in the front of her uniform then turned to Misami. “What? What do you mean `What do I think?' I don't know the guy that well but I know well enough that he is kindhearted and very trustworthy.” Azmara said to her best friend. Misami stood up and wrapped her arm around her best friend. “I can't believe he lost his key in the city. The poor boy most not be familiar with cities. Do you think he's from the country?” Misami asked. Azmara shook her head and picked up her bag. She heard the name Hyrule so many times last night. That had to have been the world Link came from. ::: I wonder what Hyrule is like. Maybe letting Link stay with Astrid last night was a bad idea. Hopefully he doesn't get into much trouble. :::
 
At Astrid's apartment, Link was fascinated with all of Astrid's belongings. He found the TV the most mesmerizing. He had sat in front of it all night, turning channels and watch a little of everything he saw. “Hey man, you gotta get dressed. Do you have any clothes?”
 
“No, I wear this all the time.”
 
Astrid was dumbfounded by Link's answer. He hoped it was a joke but it wasn't. “Maybe you have clothes in your apartment. Is that why you didn't bring any clothes when you traveled?”
 
“Uh… yeah that's why.”
 
“This is going to be a real problem.”
 
Just then, the doorbell rang and Link jumped up from the floor ready for action. “What was that?”
 
“The… doorbell? Chill out dude.”
 
“My name is not `dude'.”
 
Astrid chuckled as he went to open the door. He opened it to reveal Azmara and Misami. The two girls stepped inside the apartment and greeted the boys with a gentle good morning. “Is everything ok with him?” Azmara asked. Astrid shook his head. “Poor guy doesn't have any clothes or money. I don't get my next paycheck until next week. I'm sorry ladies.”
 
“Don't apologize. I just need to know what your schedule is for today Astrid.” Everyone looked at Misami with a puzzled look. “I don't have to be to work until noon.” He answered.
 
“Perfect. Junichi honey you'll have clothes today don't worry. I'm going to take you shopping.”
 
A huge sweat drop appeared on the back of Azmara's head. She couldn't let Link and Misami go shopping alone together. One, Link new nothing about the world they lived in. He was surely attack anything that wasn't normal to him. Secondly, how was Misami going to pay for his clothes? “Misami how do expect to-”
 
“I'll just put it on my credit card. Daddy wouldn't mind.”
 
“Well… if that's what you want to do then go ahead. But you'll be the one that's hurt in the end… literally.”
 
Misami grabbed Link's arm and called for her friends to follow her. As they loaded into Astrid's car, Justia watched them from the roof of another house. “Enjoy the new world while you can… Hero of Time.”
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: Let's stop right there ok? See everyone on the next chapter!!!