The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ The First Sage ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
It was a new experience for Link and everything seemed confusing. Even with Astrid explaining things, Link still couldn't understand how to work his car. Azmara had explained to him that everyone had one in her time and that it was used for transportation. Astrid thought it a good idea for Link to go out for his license since he was already of age. Azmara had shuddered at the thought of Link driving but there wasn't anything she could do. If she was going to cover Link's secret he would have to know all there was to know about the future. Azmara sat with Misami in the back of Astrid's car as Link drove down the street. “You're doing really good Junichi! You're going to have no problem getting your license.” Misami complemented.
 
“Thanks Misami.”
 
Link smiled from the mirror at Misami. It seemed that Astrid's two hour of explanation and demonstration had finally paid off. He had successfully learned how to drive without killing anyone. “Hey Junichi, pull over right here. We can pick up Azalea.”
 
“Who's Azalea?”
 
“My little sister. She's ten years old and she's in junior high school. If you pull up right here you can meet the little brat.” Azmara said. Link nodded and pulled up to in front of Azalea's school. When they had arrived, Azmara and Link stepped out of the car and went to wait for Azalea. While they waited, Link took sometime to discuss thing over with Azmara. He didn't meet her family but he knew that he didn't want anyone to be hurt along their mission. “Azalea must not know about our mission Azmara.”
 
“Of course she can't know, nobody can. Everything we do has to be in secrecy.”
 
Link nodded then spotted a little blonde haired girl running towards them. She was calling out to Azmara and waving at her. “Azmara! Azmara!”
 
“Hey squirt. How was school?”
 
“It was all right? Who's this? Is he your new boyfriend?”
 
Link looked down at Azalea and smiled at her. “I'm Azmara's friend Junichi Masaharu.” Link said to Azalea. Azalea nodded at Link then introduced herself. Link smiled, picked Azalea up and placed her on his shoulders. Azalea giggled as Link carried her away to the car. “You're a nice guy and very cute too. Do you want to come to our house and stay for dinner? Mommy is making Couscous and Tandoori Chicken. If you want, you guys can all come to dinner at our house.” Azalea offered. Link looked back at Azmara only to see her shrug. “I'll come to dinner tonight.” Link said as he helped Azalea off his shoulders. Azalea giggled and sat in the back with Astrid and Azmara.
 
While Azmara and her friends traveled home, Justia relaxed over a calming cup of French vanilla coffee. ::: The sooner we find those damned sages the faster we can resurrect Lord Ganondorf. :::
 
“Thinking to yourself again Justia?”
 
Justia turned around and saw two women standing behind her. They both had short black hair and gleaming green eyes, both wearing suits. “I see you two didn't find any sages.”
 
“And you don't seem too high on your luck Justia. Since there are two of us, we'll be guaranteed to find the sage of Spirit. When we do find them, we'll have our medallion.” Rioma and Tatsuya said in unison. Justia stood up to her feet and walked past the two sisters but before she left the shop, she turned back at them. “Just remember, the Hero of Time and the Chosen of Destiny are here as well. You two do tend to bicker a lot. Don't let you petty squabble be your downfall.”
 
At home, Azmara sat on her bed and looked at her ceiling. From time to time she gazed over at her books and thought of doing her homework but she couldn't. Homework was nothing compared to the task at hand. She closed her eyes and turned on her side only to see Link lying across from her. “Azmara?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“You should do your homework. I understand how frustrating things are but please try to do your homework.”
 
Azmara sat up on her bed and Link sat with her. She stood up and walked over to her desk to pick up her books. She reached for her math book but stopped. She curled her hand into a fist and turned to Link crossly. “I didn't want this!!! Why did this have to happen to me?!?! I never wanted to become the Chosen!!!”
 
“Azmara! Fate chooses us for a reason. No one knows why but only fate knows. Maybe it's because you resemble princess Zelda or because you're pure of heart. I can't answer those questions. If you truly want to know the answers, help me get back to Hyrule and ask the goddesses when we get there. Right now, stress isn't going to help you.” Azmara's eyes began to produce small tears that slid from her eyes. Link wrapped his arms around Azmara and pressed her head against his chest. “It's ok to cry. You don't understand this. Don't worry, I won't let anyone or thing hurt you.”
 
Later that evening, Misami and Astrid came over to Azmara's house for dinner. Mrs. Toyama invited them inside and had Azalea seat them at the dinner table. Misami, Azmara and Azalea sat on one side while Astrid and Link sat together on the opposite side. Mr. and Mrs. Toyama sat at the two ends of the table. “Thank you for joining us for dinner tonight.” Mrs. Toyama said graciously. Misami and Link thanked Azmara's mother for making the meal but Astrid did not. He couldn't speak with a mouthful of couscous and chicken. “Astrid stop being so piggy.” Misami said between her teeth. “But Misami, this… mmm this is great. This chicken is oh man really good. Aren't you going to eat yours?”
 
“If we weren't at the table I'd punch your lights out.”
 
Mrs. Toyama chuckled at Misami and Astrid. Shaking her head, she assured Misami that she wasn't offended. She was quite overjoyed to see that he was enjoying the meal she made. “So Junichi, where are you from?” Mr. Toyama asked. Azmara's eyes flashed opened but Link had grinned at her. “My mother, father and I all lived in Osaka but we wanted to move to Tokyo. So they bought an apartment here in Tokyo and sent me here while they finish off with business in Shinjuku. I must have lost my keys and phone in the airport.” Link explained. Azmara's jaw dropped to the ground when she heard Link's answer. How did he know about different Japanese cities and where did he learn it from? Nevertheless, it was a good lie. Azmara caught Link's eye and he winked at her, causing her to smile. “Junichi that's so sad. You're welcome to stay with us at anytime. Of course, we think you'll have the best time at Misami's house. She lives like a princess.” Mrs. Toyama said to Link. Link looked over at Misami, who gave him a quick flirtatious wink. Link blushed and looked down at his dinner plate. Azmara saw Link's reaction and eyed Misami deviously. ::: Damn she's good. Oh well, can't expect much from the school flirt. :::
 
Just then, Azmara saw a small white light fly past. She dropped her fork and shot out of her seat. “Azmara are you all right?”
 
“Yeah I'm fine. Mom, dad you guys relax and I'll get you guys some more wine. I'll be back ASAP.”
 
Azmara ran out of the dining room in search of the small bubble that flew past. She looked around and saw the light fly into her parents' room. She walked inside and closed the door behind her to prevent anyone to see the light. “Little bubble… are you in here? You can come on out I won't hurt you. It's all right little bubble I promise I won't harm you.” She promised quietly. The little bubble flew out of the closet at Azmara. “Zelda!”
 
“Ahh!! Oh man you're a talking bubble!”
 
“A bubble?! Zelda you know I'm not a bubble I'm a fairy. Where's Link? There's trouble in the town!”
 
“Trouble? We have to go then! Let's get out of here and go kick ass.”
 
Azmara ran out of the room and toward the dining room. “Azmara what's wrong?”
 
“Mama, I'll be right back. I promise uh, Junichi, Astrid, Misami, don't move I'll be back.”
 
Azmara ignored her mother's calls and dashed out the front door. She looked around and toward the city. She'd never make it in time. “Azmara!”
 
“Link.”
 
Link ran beside Azmara and took her hand. “Hey, what's…Navi!”
 
“Link! I'm so glad to see you again. There's trouble going on in the city. Justia's causing trouble.”
 
Link turned to Azmara and she nodded to him. “Farore's Wind!”
 
A heavy wind came and Azmara, Link and Navi disappeared into the city. The three of them stood on top of a building while looking down at Justia. Link was the first to spring into action. He jumped down from the building and stood in front of Justia. Justia three back her hair and grinned at Link. “Well well, it's a pleasure to finally meet you Hero of Time. I'm sorry we can't prolong our introduction but you have to die now.”
 
The ground beneath Link began to shake and he almost lost his footing. Link quickly ran toward Justia and swung his sword at her but Justia stepped aside. From above, Azmara watched as Link dueled Justia. She felt scared but at the same time felt that it was her responsibility to step in and assist him. “Wish me luck Navi I'm going in!”
 
Azmara disappeared into Farore's wind and appeared behind Justia. Link smiled when he saw Azmara behind Justia. She gave a look of curiosity to him then turned around. When she did, Azmara sent her left fist straight into Justia's face. “Grr! Who are you?”
 
“The Chosen of Destiny.”
 
Justia growled at Azmara and took her down to the ground. The two girls rolled on to ground until Justia kicked Azmara off of her. She sprang at her but Azmara stopped Justia with a foot to the face. As Justia laid on the ground writhing in pain, Link came to Azmara's side. “You're a tough fighter.”
 
“Thanks now let's finish her before she can find the other sages.”
 
Justia looked up at Azmara and held her hand to the sky. In seconds, a huge spider came crashing from the sky. Azmara's eyes widened with fear when she saw the giant arachnid. She screamed in fear and held onto Link. “Azmara what's wrong??”
 
“I hate spiders!!! I can't fight it. Please don't make me do this.”
 
The spider came toward Azmara and Link in a rage. To protect Azmara, Link ran ahead to meet it. He hid behind his shield to block the attacks. “Azmara you've got to help.”
 
“I can't Navi I'm scared. Oh, I hate spiders!”
 
Azmara stood behind in fear as she watched Link fight the giant beast. He cut the spider on its leg and it made an angry noise. The spider slapped Link into a car and walked over to him. Azmara gasped at the spider and prepared to run at it but she stopped. “Link!!! Nooo!!!”
 
“Light of Heaven.”
 
A ray of light shone down on the spider and it disappeared. A man wearing a suit walked beside Azmara. He lifted up his sunglasses to reveal his gleaming purple eyes. “Who are you?” She asked. “My name is Theorello. I am the new sage of light.”
 
“Oh wow we've found one! Or you found us. Well either way the point is you're here with us. My name is-”
 
“Azmara Toyama, the Chosen of Destiny. I've heard so much from you.”
 
Azmara covered her mouth and stepped back, bumping into Link. He held onto her then looked up at Theorello. They exchanged glances for a while until Azmara cleared her throat. “Link, Azmara, I would like to invite you both to my apartment for a while. We can talk about our mission.”
 
“It sounds like a plan then. Azmara lets get going.”
 
Azmara followed Link and Theorello down the street until she stopped in her tracks. “What's wrong?”
 
“Uh hehe, we forget about Missy and Astrid. They are going to hand my ass to me! Come on Link lets get back. Let's meet in the park at eight ok? Good bye Theorello! Farore's Wind!!!”
 
Theorello watched as Azmara and Link disappeared using her spell. He chuckled softly then turned to walk away. “So that girl is the Chosen of Destiny. She's quite the character. Not like Princess Zelda at all. She is definitely going to change the world.”
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: And I'm going to leave it right at that. Well ppl, college is over and its on to my externship. Wish me luck…. I'm gonna need it.