The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ A Lover's Quarrel ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
No matter how many times she called, Misami couldn't get a hold of Azmara. She called her cell phone and house phone, left text messages and even sent emails. Azmara didn't answer any of them. What did Link say that could have broken her heart? If it were any random guy the Misami would gladly drown them. She sat on the stairs in her closet and sighed. “And you haven't seen her at all today?” She asked.
 
“Nope, she didn't even come down for breakfast. Mom just brought her breakfast in bed and that was it. Mom and dad assume that she went out for a walk but we know that she took off somewhere and Astrid's place isn't one of them. Speaking of Astrid, he didn't see Link today either.”
 
Misami twisted a lock of her ocean blue hair around her finger and bit her lip. This was the worst case of lovers' quarrel she'd ever seen. What in hell was wrong with those two? She saw them leave out of the party room and the next thing she knew, Azmara was pushing past people and fleeing up the stairs to the exit. But what the hell for?!?!
 
“This has got to be THE worst case of a lovers' quarrel. When I find those two they're gonna taste the refreshing cool of my Shards of Aqua. I can't believe they would run out on me and not even fill me in. I swear! The injustice around here! This is absolutely stupid!”
 
Misami walked past Azalea and Theorello and out of her closet. Her own best friend ran off and didn't even bother to call her. At least when she was in a bad mood she had sense to call Azmara. Who else would listen to her bellow of complaints?
 
“Hey Navi, have you been able to find Link? You are his fairy.” Azalea asked.
 
“I haven't been able to find him. It's like he disappeared.”
 
Azalea pouted on the floor then turned up to Theo. He was standing against the wall with his eyes closed and arms folded. She got the feeling that he didn't care about the situation between Link and Azmara. Calling him over was a waste of time. “Theo?”
 
“We should stay out of it. This isn't our business.”
 
“Ok but I hope Azmara comes back soon.”
 
No one had known it, but Link had gone off with Hanogi to the mountains. He had run into her while she was having breakfast at the café. After he told her about last night, Hanogi had suggested that he take some time off to visit her temple in the mountains. “I'm glad you're willing to take some time off for an old bird like me. I haven't been up in these mountains in months. Thank you Junichi.”
 
“No problem Hanogi. I'm glad you were able to listen to my story. Maybe you could give me some guidance.”
 
Hanogi chuckled at the sound of a young man coming to her for help. She enjoyed lending her wisdom to those in need. She found Link's problem quite easy to solve but the decision was going to be crucial. In the end someone would be hurt but the heart would heal. It always did. When they reached her temple, they went inside and were greeted by several people. They bowed gracefully to Hanogi and she nodded to them. She spoke out to one, asking her to bring tea. When she left to fulfill the task Link turned to Hanogi in confusion. “My grandmother started this temple and then my father carried on when she died. When I was little I used to live here but I knew it couldn't stay here forever. I moved to the city and started my own business. I'm so glad that Jin decided to go to school here. He helps me with the shop. If you like, you can work at the shop as well.” Hanogi offered.
 
“I'd like that but first I need your guidance Hanogi.”
 
Hanogi sat Link outside near her garden took his hands. In his eyes she could see the heartache and confusion. There were feelings for Azmara but the feelings for his past love that was murdered. “Junichi, from what you told me is comprehensible. Your love was murdered in front of you and that is a wound that takes the heart time to heal. You can't continue to blame yourself for what happened.”
 
Link looked up at Hanogi instantly. How could he ever forgive himself? He let Zelda die and it was his fault. “Link, it's best to put the past behind you and move forward. Zelda's spirit will always be with you and she wouldn't want you to go on blaming yourself. You have Jin, Azmara, Azalea, and Misami. Cherish them just as much as you cherish Zelda. You don't want to lose them too. So you must fight to protect them.” Hanogi said.
 
Link wrapped his arms around Hanogi and hugged her gratefully. That was what he needed. He would set out and find Azmara so that he could apologize. “I have to find Azmara and tell her.”
 
“Tell me what?”
 
Link jolted away from Hanogi and turned toward Azmara. She was standing there with a bag in her hand wearing a beautiful blue kimono. “Good afternoon Hanogi.”
 
“Good afternoon Azmara. I wasn't expecting to see you this afternoon. Nevertheless I am content that you've come. Junichi and I were just about to have tea. Why don't you join us?”
 
Azmara looked away at the mountains in the distances. She didn't want to stay with Link after what he said the night before. To save herself from further heartache, she had to decline. “I'm sorry Hanogi but I can't.”
 
“Azmara don't leave. I don't want you to go. I want to apologize for what I said. Please, hear me out.”
 
Without a word, Azmara took off and fled through the temple. She couldn't stand another crushing blow to the heart from someone she loved. She wanted Link to love her and only her. How could he still feel guilty over something that happened so many years ago?
 
“Azmara! Wait!! Azmara stop!” Link chased after her, calling and begging her to slow down but she refused. Link sped up and grabbed Azmara's wrist and held her in place. “Azmara listen to me. I… I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you that I want us to try.”
 
“Try? Try what?”
 
Azmara looked up at Link with confusion in her eyes. Could he be saying what she wanted to hear? She took a step back and waited patiently to speak. “Azmara, I… I want to… to… well...”
 
“You want us to try to have a relationship. You want to try to overcome Zelda's accident and move on. I want us to try. Please give us a chance.”
 
Link took Azmara's hands and nodded at her. “I want to and I will. I've always known how you felt about me. When you rescued me I knew then. It was written on your face. Can you forgive me enough to give me a chance?”
 
“Hell yeah I can. You not playin any games right?”
 
Link chuckled and tilted Azmara's face up. It wasn't a game and it wasn't a dream. He was going to try to move on and find happiness with Azmara. His eyes softened as he looked down at her. Finally, he knelt down and kissed her lips gently. He held her softly against him and when the kiss ended, Azmara whispered that she loved him. It didn't hurt her that he didn't repeat it back to her. He was still healing. She kissed him again and this time he picked her up. “Let's go Azmara.”
 
“Ok.”
 
Azmara and Link locked hands and walked together back to the temple. As they were walking, Link smiled to himself. For the first time since he'd known her, when he pulled back from the kiss it was Azmara's face he'd seen.