The Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Legend of Zelda: Chosen of Destiny ❯ Misami and Astrid's Mission ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
 
 
“Wow, I never knew Tokyo looked so awesome from up here. Having super powers is so cool.”
 
“Yeah, beside kicking bad guy ass these powers have other use. We'll never be late to school again.”
 
Misami looked over at her best friend with a cheerful smile. She couldn't be any happier knowing that she was going to help Link and Azmara save Tokyo and another world. She twirled in the sky as she flew above the city then stopped atop of a building. She looked below at the cars and people. “This view is beautiful and this place is great to watch the sunset. I have to drag Astrid over here so that we can watch it sometime. Maybe you and Link can get together and come here. I know you like him.” Misami teased. Azmara gasped and tried to cover blush but Misami poked at her hands. “I knew it! I knew it! Girl you better get your man. Why are you acting like you don't want him. I know you do. Quit trying to play it off.”
 
“Misami, Link and I are just friends. Nothing more than that.”
 
Misami rolled her eyes and pushed Azmara from the building only to see her appear by her side angrily. “You could have killed me!!!”
 
“If you weren't the Chosen of Destiny you would have died. But you are so you have nothing to worry about. Later tater.”
 
Misami dove from the building and soared off into the sky with her best friend following close behind. Azmara was grateful to have Misami on the team but no one was more ecstatic than Astrid. He, Link and Theorello had taken off to go play pool while Azmara and Misami spent time together. Astrid aimed for the seven ball but jumped up on the table and did a back flip off. “Astrid can we continue the game please? I was sure I was going to beat you this time.” Link said.
 
“No way can you beat me man. Can you believe it? My babe is in the crew now! It's gonna be awesome. Did you see her go against that creep? Man she friggin' rocked! Misami, my love, my girlfriend. Ah... she rox my sox.”
 
Link and Theo looked at each other then back at Astrid. He was on cloud nine now but what would happen if they would ever get into a fight? Misami's Shards of Aqua attack was powerful and could possibly slice through his Flame Shot. Or perhaps Misami would take time to learn how to control water and learn new abilities. Azmara had taken time to expand her techniques with her powers. Now she could fly with a whirlwind around her and learned a spell called Naryu's Healing Love. Her fire attack had increased when she mastered the spell Din's Raging Fire. If Misami followed the same example, Raion and his entourage wouldn't stand a chance. “Link it's your shot.”
 
“Oh ok. I think I got the hang of it.”
 
Link went up to shoot the eight ball but the ball hit the wall and knocked it back into the fifteen ball. “Damn you!! How the hell did you do that?!?!” Astrid swore. Theorello chuckled and rested a hand on Astrid's shoulder. “There's a first time for everything.”
 
“But come on man I'm the king of Cut Throat. Nobody kicks ass in this game like I do. Well, Azmara's kinda good. Hey Link, why don't you and your girl play me and Misami?” Astrid asked. Link looked away and shook his head. “Azmara isn't my girl. She and I are just friends.” He answered.
 
“Friends… right.”
 
Link and Azmara didn't know it, but their best friends were scheming a plot to get the two together. Later that evening, Misami and Astrid stayed beside Misami's private pool while sipping lemonade. “Astrid my darling, we must get Azmara and Link together. They're acting like they don't want each other but I see right through their defenses. They aren't fooling anyone this way.”
 
“What do you suggest master schemer?”
 
Misami sipped her lemonade and thought for her moment then smiled deviously to Astrid. “I have an idea. Bring Link to the arcade and I'll bring Azmara. Let's see how my plans work out.” She told him. Astrid rose his glass and Misami rose her. “To our plots and schemes to get the two blondes together. Bonzai.”
 
“Bonzai.”
 
And so, the following day Astrid convinced Link to come to the arcade with him to meet up with Misami and Azmara. The two walked side by side, talking about random stuff while Misami and Azmara came up from around the corner. Misami peeked over the corner and grinned when she saw that Astrid was coming up. “Misami come on! The arcade is this way remember?”
 
“Oh yeah I remember. Duh I live around here.”
 
Azmara eyed Misami awkwardly. Was she planning something or just acting weird? Azmara grabbed her best friend's wrist and attempted to drag her across the street but Misami jerked back and threw her around the corner. “Ahh!!”
 
“Azmara!”
 
Link stepped forward and caught Azmara in his arms before she could hit the ground. Astrid looked over the two blonde at Misami and grinned. “Planned succeeded.” They said in unison.
 
“Azmara are you ok? You could have hurt yourself badly.”
 
“Yes I'm fine. Misami threw me outta nowhere.”
 
Link looked over at Misami to see that she was producing the most angelic smile she could give off. Sighing, he turned his eyes back to Azmara only to notice once more that she looked exactly like Zelda. The same hair and eyes, she was the exact replica. “Link? Are you ok?”
 
“Yes I'm fine Zel- Azmara. Let me help you up.”
 
As Link helped Azmara up, Azmara felt something tingle in her spine. She felt her heart beating faster as his hands clasped around hers and the hand on her back propelled her up. Over the past two months, Azmara and Link had overcome tough obstacles together. There were some nights where she would remember how they sat outside and watched the morning sun rise after she had rescued him. It was almost like a fairy tale. Except for the fact that she was rescuing him, Azmara felt like a princess rushing into the arms of her noble knight. She had cried in his arms and wept to him about how worried she was and how sorry she was for not coming sooner. Being in his arms again her resurfaced those memories and feelings she thought she never had. “Azmara are you ok?”
 
“Huh? Oh yes yes I'm fine. I just zoned out for a minute. Kinda strange huh? Well come on let's get going.”
 
Misami wrapped an arm around her best friend and narrowed her eyes to her with a smug look on her face. “You can try to hide it all you want but I know your little secret. Azmara has a crush on Link. You can't hide it so you might as well confess.” She taunted.
 
“Misami I… I do like him but…”
 
“Uh huh I know you can't tell him. Chill out honey just let Misami Hirogi work her magic.”
 
Misami sat on her hip and whipped out her cell phone to make a quick phone call. “Hi daddy! Yes I've been a good girl… what?! You're not giving me the credit card back?! Dad I know my limits and I know my rights! I'll report you to the parent patrol!! Ok ok ok!!! Don't do that! You're such a meanie. I know you're working now but I wanted to know if it would be ok if my boyfriend and friends came over to your big party tonight. Oh of course Azmara's parents would be there. We've all decided to come and support your big purchase of sorry cruise ship. Oh yeah sure just because I'm fifteen I don't know jack about purchasing but yeah whatever floats your boat. We'll all be present at the big toasting tonight. I can't wait either! Bye bye now! Ok you guys we're going to daddy's party tonight. Chosen of Destiny, Hero of Time, Sages and parents are recommended to be there. It is mandatory. Come Azmara! We must prepare with a three hour session at my mom's spa. Ciao gentlemen!”
 
Misami led Azmara away down the street and into a dark corner. Once they were completely alone, they blasted off into the skies and headed toward Misami's home. Once in her room, they fled downstairs, took a golf car toward Mrs. Hirogi's spa and were pampered. “Misami, what are you planning? Why are you dragging us to your father's party?”
 
“It's my way of getting you and Link together. Trust me, it'll work like a water charm. Just relax and let the bath bubbles melt away your troubles..”
 
Elsewhere, Astrid, Link and Theorello went through Theo's suave tuxedos. Astrid picked out a black suit, Link chose white and Theo wore a cream color. They each took turns using the shower, combed their hair, chose a cologne that suited them and dressed into their suits. “Hey Theo! Mind if our bud Link wears one of your hats? The white one matches your suit. Oh yeah, do this to your hair.”
 
Astrid combed hair over Link's right eye then put the hat on. When he was ready, the three of them took off in Theorello's Impala. Theo switched through the radio station and found a soft song to listen to as they drove toward Misami's place but Astrid resented the music. He changed the station and howled when he heard his favorite band. “Whooo!!! Yeah baby! Back and forth the struggle consumes us all trying to keep leveled head!”
 
“In the must unsettling of times today I become the bull!!!”
 
“You got Link into metal?”
 
“Oh come on dude you were a head banger in your day.”
 
Theo grinned at Astrid and unleashed a screaming matching the same of the screamer of the band. The three boys held up the rock symbol as they sang the Atreyu song Becoming the Bull. When they arrived at the mansion, Theo lowered the music and pulled up to the front where the valet took away their car. Theo handed him the keys but when he and Link past Astrid cracked her knuckles and turned to the man. “You dent that car I'm gonna dent your face man. I wanna drive that beauty without damages. On scratch and I'll shove so much fire down your throat a volcano will shoot out your ass. I want that car parked where I can see it, you understand me? Park the car in the front. Got it? Carry on my good man. Next time get some mints, guests like mints when they come in.” After threatening the valet, Astrid ran to catch up with Theo and Link. When they arrived, Theo and Link were chatting with Namie and Azmara's parents. “Yo! Mr. and Mrs. Toyama, cool of you guys to come.”
 
“Jin, it's good to see you. You look handsome. Misami is going to love you when she sees you. Theo you did a wonderful job dressing them.”
 
As the adults chattered, Link and Astrid made their way over to the punch station for drinks. Poor Astrid, Link could see plainly that he was bored out of his mind. Link couldn't argue either. Even in his time he didn't like when Zelda held big parties. However, he did like taking Zelda away to the courtyard outside and watching the stars twinkle. “Ladies and gentlemen, the hosts of tonight's party. Seichiro and Setsuna Hirogi, their daughter Misami and her best friend, Azmara Toyama.”
 
Link looked up to see Azmara standing at the top of the stairs, waving like Misami. She was wearing a long white dress that illuminated the room. Misami was wearing an attractive red Chinese style dress that stopped just over her knees. The four of them walked down the stairs to greet the guests but Azmara couldn't keep her eyes off of Link. He was the most handsome man in the room. She was so taken by his appearances that she stood behind and watched him from afar.
 
From across the room, Link had been watching Azmara as she had been watching him. He took a deep breath and approached her almost mindlessly. When they stood before each other, Azmara found the courage to greet him. “Hi.”
 
“Hello. Azmara you look so beautiful.”
 
Azmara blushed at Link's comment but nothing compared to the kiss to her hand that he gave her. Her heart almost stopped but she regained herself and smiled sweetly. They walked over to join Azmara's parents while Astrid and Misami watched them. “They look so good together.” Misami said. Astrid wrapped arm around Misami and kissed her lips gently. “Babe, nobody looks better than you tonight. That's for real.”
 
When the dancing began, Azmara danced with her father, Link danced with Azmara's mother and Misami and Astrid danced together. Azmara's father looked down at his little girl and kissed her forehead when the dance had come to an end. “Mr. Toyama, may I cut in?”
 
“Of course Junichi.”
 
Azmara's father stepped aside to join his wife and watched his daughter dance with Link. The two twirled around the room, attracting people as they danced. Before they knew it, everyone had stopped dancing to watch Link and Azmara dance. People murmured to one another on how beautiful Azmara's gown was and how handsome Link had looked. Finally, Azmara rested her head on Link's shoulder and Link drew her closer. When they stopped moving, Azmara looked up at Link with a smile on her face. She gently caressed his cheek then reached down and took his hands. The two stared at each other until everyone surrounding them applauded them. Azmara smiled and took Link's hand, leading him outside. They walked outside and stood over the balcony, looking up at the night sky. “This has been… a good night right?” She asked.
 
“Yes it has. I haven't had this much fun in so long. Can't believe I've been asleep for so many years. Azmara, your time is absolutely incredible. When I go back I want to tell everyone about this.”
 
Azmara looked up at Link with her twinkling blue eyes. The thought of him going home and leaving her was heart breaking. She took his hand and squeezed it tightly. She didn't want to lose him, not when she was falling for him. “You danced really good tonight. I never knew you could move so well.” Azmara said, trying to shake the thought of him leaving her. Link spun Azmara around and caught her hands. “You're not so bad either. As elegant as a princess.”
 
Azmara blushed lightly and looked back up at him, murmuring a gentle appreciation. Before she could speak another word, Link trailed off down the stairs and out into the garden. “So many memories are coming back. Zelda and I, we use to stay out late in her courtyard. I miss her so much.”
 
“Link I know you miss her but you can't keep beating yourself up for what happened to her. She didn't want you to surrender your sword to Ganondorf.” Azmara told him. Link shook his head as he looked down at the ground. “If I had given it to him, I wouldn't be here. I'm not saying that I'm not grateful for meeting you.”
 
“That's what you make it sound like. If she didn't die then you and I would have never met.”
 
“Are you saying that you're glad that Princess Zelda died? Is that it?”
 
All of the sudden Link had become defensive. But why? Azmara hadn't done anything wrong. She wasn't proud of the fact that Zelda was dead but she wasn't going to agree with Link's decision. Why did he place her in a tight position?
 
“Link, you have me all wrong. I'm not glad that she's dead but I'm not going to say that I side with your decision. You couldn't have given up your power, Zelda wouldn't want that.”
 
“Then what was I suppose to do?! Huh? Was I supposed to let her die? Is that what you're saying?”
 
Azmara walked away from Link, not wanting to argue any further. She never meant for this beautiful night to end in a fight. Link blamed himself for too much and had done so for too long. It was time that he let go and concentrated more on fighting to save his land. “I can't stay here anymore Link. I wanted this night to be perfect for us but you just want an argument. There isn't anything else I want to say to you.” She said. She started to leave but Link caught up with her and jerked her back. “Why? Why can't you say anything else? Go ahead and say it. Everyone would say it. I'm a failure, I'm not hero. I let Zelda die. Go ahead and say it!!”
 
“I'm not going to say that because it isn't true damnit!! I thought tonight would be the right time to tell you how I feel. I wanted to tell you that I'm in love with you!! I wanted to tell you but it wouldn't matter now. You're still in love with Zelda. You're such a fool!”
 
With that, Azmara fled from the garden and up the stairs. She neglected Misami and Astrid' calls and sped past them. When she reached outside she stopped to catch her breath and sank to her knees. She sat there for a while until Theo gathered her up in his arms as she cried. “Let go of me Theo! Let go of me!”
 
“Stop it Azmara. Stop it.”
 
Azmara buried her face in Theo's chest as she wept. While in his arms, she wondered if Link could ever love her the way she did him. Perhaps the love for Zelda and her demise would forever hold claims on his heart.
 
 
 
Lil Lovely Angel: Out on your own, cold and alone again… whew that took a while. Sorry I haven't been updating. I don't have internet anymore so that's a real kick in my ass but fear not! I will update as often as I can. Cya ppl!