Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Fall ❯ Sixteen ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Trigun, nor do I own the characters in Trigun. But I do own this story and some characters you never heard of.
I'm not that good in writing fan fiction, I'll admit that but thanks for taking your time to read it and I'm a person who's always up for constructive criticism.
 
 
 
Sixteen
 
“Happy Birthday Eden!” A small crowd of people shouted as I walked through the kitchen door. Vash the Stampede had a wide grin on his face as he pulled me gently towards everyone.
 
 
“Wow. Thanks you guys!” I can't believe I forgot my own birthday. This was the day I was finally turning sixteen. I couldn't stop from blushing. All my friends were here. I hugged everyone then looked at the delicious cake.
 
 
“Well aren't you going to blow the candles out?” Milly asked. I nodded then was getting ready to blow when Vash stopped me.
 
 
“Don't you want to make a wish, before blowing the candles out?”
 
 
“Oh, I almost forgot.” I closed my eyes and thought of something to wish for. ~I wish that I could bring my mom back~ I blew out the candle then everyone clapped, as I held back tears. I smiled again, hiding what I was really feeling inside.
 
 
“Now it's time to paaaarty!” Vash shouted as he played some music. I laughed a little then nodded. I was having fun dancing and just being me. After awhile I just got tired of dancing and took a seat and watched everyone else. The only person that seemed like a party pooper was Knives. He sat far away from everyone else, drinking some wine. I didn't even realize he was even here really. I thought he would have stayed home or something like that. Meryl took a seat next to me and smiled.
 
 
“I bet you're happy.” She smiled at me as I returned it. “So what are you going to do later on?”
 
 
“I don't know. Probably wait until my dad comes home.” Meryl looked shocked for a moment. As if I said something that didn't make any sense.
 
 
“Your dad said that he had to take care of some business in another town.”
 
 
“What?!” This seemed weird. My dad didn't usually take off to another town without telling me.
 
 
“I thought he told you already.” I shook my head. Okay so he just completely left on the day of my birthday without telling me. What's next?
 
 
“Would you like to stay with us for the night?”
 
 
“No thank you, I don't want to be a burden or anything.”
 
 
“It would be fine really it would.” Hours passed and the party was finally over. I left the house, made sure everything was locked and all the lights were off, and then went over to Vash's house. Milly seemed plastered from drinking way too much and Vash had given me a present. It was a cute rag doll. It seems babyish, but I never had a doll before. I never really had toys. But other than that, Meryl let me sleep in the guest room. It was finally midnight and everyone seemed to be either going to bed, or already sleeping. I laid my head on the cozy pillow, relaxing my muscles. Laying the doll on the pillow next to me. I finally was able to drift into a deep slumber.
 
 
(Dream)
 
Everything was dark. Except for the area I was in. It was like a spot light shining on me. I crouched down while rocking back and forth.
 
 
“This dream is weird.” I stood up and walked around. After some minutes of walking I realized that I was going no where. I let out a deep sigh of frustration then sat down.
 
 
“What's the point of this dream if all I do is wandering around aimless while not getting anywhere?” Suddenly a cold hand touches my shoulder and I almost jumped out of my skin. There was a dark figure in front of me. I couldn't see their face since it was covered by the hood. They finally pushed their hood away as I trembled in fear. The dark figure was my mom, but for some reason I was just terrified instead of being overwhelmed with joy.
 
 
“Don't make the same mistakes I've made.” Her voice sounded almost gravely. It sent chills down my spine by just hearing it. She reached towards me as I moved back. Seeing that I was scared, she put her hand back to her side. “Do you believe in demons child?” Her tone seemed to change, but I still was frightened. “Or angels?” I thought about it quickly.
 
 
“It… It never crossed my mind.” She smiled sadistically. She walked into the darkness.
 
 
“Pandemonia or is it Eden? Have they brain washed you so much to make you think you're just a simple human. Or did you willingly forget about what you truly are?” As she fully disappeared, my eyes flung open as I gasped for air.
 
 
(End of Dream)
 
 
“That couldn't be my mom, that couldn't be!” I said almost sounding like a whisper. “All the things I've heard about her, everything! Was it just a lie? No it couldn't be! It was an imposter. What am I talking about it was just a dream, just a very bad dream.” I grabbed the doll and squeezed it. Then I loosened my grip as I spotted a paper on the pillow next to me. It said:
 
 
It's time to make
It's time to destroy.
Hate is all it takes,
While love will bring you joy.
 
 
I held the paper in my hand, trembling. Then something came over me. I just became infuriated and crumbled up the paper, and then began ripping it to shreds. After I finished I looked around with wide eyes, as I saw nothing there. There was no paper at all. Was I seriously losing it? Is she trying to test me? Or is someone just messing with me by pushing all the wrong buttons? If this was a joke, it wasn't funny and I was getting tired of being scared.
 
 
 
Well I hoped you enjoyed it so far. And thanks for reading again.