Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Let Me Fall ❯ Truth and Lies ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Truth and Lies


The whole morning seemed to be just a dream. Everyone seemed so content and happy while going about their everyday lives. But that dream….. It was as if Eden was seeing another side of living. A whole new world was unraveling itself in front of her, and she just couldn’t avoid it. After eating breakfast all she did was walk around the house awaiting a call from her father. Some hours passed and he didn’t call or leave a message. Eden even tried calling him, but no luck. She was beginning to think that his absence was making these thoughts, these dreams occur. Other than the constant arguing between Knives and Meryl and trudging sounds going down the halls, everyone was busy with work, except for her. As Eden sat on her bed, looking around the room once more, she spotted a picture lying on the floor. "What’s this?" She picked up the picture and looked at it. There was a woman with violet hair and aqua colored eyes. She was wearing a black wedding dress with a black umbrella to match. Her face didn't show any expression at all. None what so ever. And she looked to be around the age of 23. Eden turned the photo over and there was a message.

I'm sorry K..... I just had to go. Please forgive me.


Eden looked at the short message with a baffled expression. "K? Who's K?" While pondering about this, the door knob began to turn. Quickly she stashed the picture under her pillow and ran towards the window, making it seem as if she was trying to fix the shades. "Oh. Hey Eden."

She smiled and waved to Milly. "Hiya!"

"Meryl wanted to know if you would like to go out with us?" She said with a cheery smile.

"Um, sure I love to." She moved away from the window as the shade shot up and fell to the floor. "Oops." She said while covering her mouth.

"It's okay. We can fix it later. Let's go." Milly grabbed her by the arm and rushed out of the room. Even though she was going to get some fresh air and sunshine, the only thing that went through her mind was that mysterious, beautiful looking woman with the aqua eyes. That made you feel as if you were getting lost in big, round whirlpools. All she could think about was finding out who that woman was and who was K. After sometime Meryl, Milly and Eden finished shopping for groceries. Which ended up with them going to the saloon since Meryl seemed disgusted with the thought of Vash clinging himself to any/every cute looking girl. To their surprise he wasn’t in there, not taking a couple of shots, not chatting to some of his bar buddies. Meryl put her hands on her hips, sighed then turned back around, exiting the saloon. Looking as if she was a little disappointed. “I’m shocked Meryl.”

“Huh, why?” Eden let out a wide grin then jumped in front of her.

“You looked disappointed when you saw he wasn’t there.” Meryl blushed ten shades of red then continued walking.

“Let’s keep moving we have to get home so we can cook.” Milly and Eden shared a smile together then began following Meryl to the house. After they made it back home, they found Vash preparing dinner. “Hey insurance girls!” I waved to Vash then grinned at Meryl.

“Hi Mister Vash.” Milly said with a smile.

“Where have you been?! We were looking for you!” Vash took off the white apron and laughed nervously.

“Well, um it’s a secret.”

“What the hell you mean it’s a secret? You have some explaining to do. And I expect an answer now.” Vash’s expression changed. He looked bothered by something.

“Right now isn’t the right time to discuss this.” Meryl seemed to catch on.

“Okay. Later on then.” Vash nodded and Meryl went over to the stove to see what was being made. Milly was already on her way to her room, not worried about the awkward conversation that was made. As Eden walked slowly towards the guest bedroom, thinking about Vash serious expression and the woman in the picture. When she finally made it to the door, she realized that the door was cracked. Her hands began to shake. “Come on snap out of it.” She reached out for the door knob once more and pushed the door open. To her surprise it wasn’t that scary image of her mother or a bugular. Knives was sitting on the window sill holding up the picture of the woman with violet hair. Looking as if he was frustrated about something. Eden clicked on the light and moved closer to him.

“How did you get that?” He continued looking at the picturing, completely ignoring her prescence in the room. “How did you get that?!” She repeated. He placed the picture in his pants pocket and faced her.

“The real question here is how did you attain this picture?!” He asked sounding a little irritated.

“Why should I tell you?!” She placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. Knives began to look at her with pure hatred. As if her very existence were meaningless and if he could he would have gotten rid of her. He stood up and headed for the door, pushing past her without a word. “What’s his problem?” She sighed then plopped on the bed. “He’s always saying humans instead of us or glaring at me. What the hell?!” She pouted then rubbed her eyes. “I didn’t do anything I just found that dumb picture. Stupid Millions Knives!” She yawned and closed her eyes then drifted into a deep slumber.

(Dream)

Eden was in that gloomy, dark looking place once more. But something seemed different. The last time she was more calm and the only thing that frightened her was the image of her mother. But there was this eerie prescene. She could sense it all about her. The hairs on her arm were standing up and her hand shaking uncontrollably. Whoever it was must have been pretty vicious and scary. After sometime, Eden began to feel another prescence near her. The aura was hard to read. It was like two sides of a coin. Ying and Yang. She looked all around, trying to see through the darkness, but failed.

Suddenly a white light appeared. Without a second thought she ran towards it. Once she made it all the way to the light, it seemed as if she was transportated to a lab. There was a large, capsule like container, in the middle of the room and two scientist were standing over it.

“Sir. I don’t think we should open this. Not yet.” The female scientist, with pigtails, said.

“Nonsense. We have subject number 3 under control. She won’t lash out on us. And besides, her powers are latent. She’s not capable of doing anything drastic.” As Eden watched from afar, the woman from the picture walked in along with an older woman with black hair.

“You shouldn’t underestimate her doctor. From the tests she’s pretty dangerous even with her powers being latent.” He turned around and chuckled.

“Whatever you say Luccia. But she’s just a child. We can easily manipulate her into doing whatever we want.”

“But test subject 3 is a special case.” Said the female scientist again. “What if there’s more of their kind!” She finished while pointing to the woman from the picture. The male scientist simply shrugged.

“Then what I have been waiting for has finally happened.” He mumbled. Luccia shoke her head.

“A word of advice doctor. Don’t knock on death’s door unless you’re seeking your end.” With that note she exited the room. Eden leaned forward on the railing trying to hear every word they were saying, and ended up falling over.

(End of Dream)

When She woke up, she was panting and her hands were sweaty. She covered her face with her hands and closed her eyes. Then she had a vision of the past.

(Vision)

It took place in this beautiful garden like scenery. Birds churping, a healthy looking tree, and flowers surrounding two people.

“Knives, would you ever kill me if I gotten in your way?” said the woman with violet hair.

“What?” Knives looked at her for a moment then faced the other way. “You wouldn’t dare…. Don’t even think about it!” She smiled and held a butterfly on her index finger.

“Don’t you think they are such beautiful creatures Knives?” She brought her index finger in front of his face as he simply nodded. He extended his finger, letting the butterfly come on to it.

“Viola… You’re different from what I’ve heard.” He began “I admire you for your skills and powers. I could even say I adore you in a way.”

“Aww that’s so sweet.” She said as she lightly caressed his cheek. He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

“But don’t get any funny ideas. That doesn’t mean I feel for you in that way.” She smiled slightly and nodded. “Don’t even think about running away either. You gave me your word. Just because I favor you doesn’t mean I won’t dispose of you.” Her smile went away as she nodded again.

“I won’t Knives. You know me better than anybody.” Knives continued looking at the butterfly and sighed.

“Well I’m glad that we discussed this.” He stood up and held out his hand for her. Viola took his hand and they went back into the abandoned plant.


------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------





Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading.