Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Eight: Chap. Twenty-Four: Settle Thy Debt ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Settle Thy Debt

-Rieko-

This has to stop. He's going to kill us all. But I don't know how to do it. I want my family. I don't remember them at all. I was just a baby when I was taken away.

He's going to find me soon. I can't run anymore. I have to end this. And I know where to go.

I waited until that lady wasn't home. I couldn't have any more people dragged in. I left her a note. Maybe he won't try to kill her? My stomach turned. It might be too late for that. I shut my eyes and crossed myself.

I'm so sorry, miss.

----------

They were together. But she started to wake up. That beautiful boy was a monster. How did she not see it before? She doesn't remember when they broke up. Maybe it wasn't her choice. He wouldn't let her go.

“You are mine!” he said on the last night. There was a fire. People died. But how did they survive? There had to be someone there. But who was it?

He gritted his teeth. A hand rested on his shoulder. He turned his head. Knives stood behind the boy.

“There, there,” he said. The boy didn't speak at first. He snorted as he moved away.

“She's near,” he said. He turned away, smirking. This dance had gone on too long. It was time to end this.

------------

-Rieko-

Keep to myself and stay quiet. I don't make eye contact. No one else can get involved. It's too dangerous. I can't have anyone else die. I shivered as I kept walking. Calm down. Calm down and breathe. I looked around. No one was paying attention to me. I took a breath. I felt invisible in this town. I know that it won't be long. How long before he found me? I didn't want to think about that.

I shook my head. Come on! Get it together! I took another breath and lifted my chin. Right. I am going to get this over with. I clenched my fists by my sides as I started marching forward. I have to end this.

It looked like I wasn't the only one who thinks that.

----------

Meanwhile, Vash, Meryl, and Minerva were ready to head out. They too decided to end this.

Bitter End