Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Nine: Chap. Twenty-Five: Reunion ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reunion

Vash was running out of time. The pieces were coming together. Knives might have found her by now. Would he kill her too? Vash didn't want to think about that. He had to get his daughter back. Vash thought it would be better to do this alone.

Meryl wouldn't hear of it though.

“No!” she snapped. “You aren't going to do this alone!”

“But…” Vash said. His partner glared at him.

“I don't want to hear!” she said. “I am coming with you!” Vash looked over at Minerva. She put her hands in a shrug. Meryl glared at her partner. Vash dropped his shoulders and sighed.

“Fine,” he said.

“We have to get going,” Minerva said. “There's not much time left.” She pushed on the gas. Vash and Meryl held on tight.

----------

-Rieko-

“Hey.”

I turned around. At first, there was no one in sight. Still, I had a bad feeling about this. That's when I saw him.

His dark grey cloak covered his face. He or they didn't say anything to me. I blinked for a moment.

“Um… hello?” I asked. They didn't speak. But they handed me a note. I looked down at the folded-up piece of paper.

“Huh? What is this?” I asked. When I looked up, they were gone and I had the paper in my hand. What just happened? I looked down at the paper. Why did they give me this? I unfolded it and read what was written. I took off running across town.

“Meet me at the old church.”

----------

“I know where she is,” Minerva said. Vash and Meryl turned their heads.

“What?” they asked.

“Hang on!” the old nurse shouted. She drove as fast as she could. Meryl screamed at the sudden jolt of speed.

By sundown, they made it to the old church at the end of town. Minerva stopped the car. The old woman took a breath.

“This as far as I can go,” she said. Minerva turned to the couple.

“I wish you luck,” she said. “Get moving.”

“Thank you,” Meryl said. She and Vash climbed out of the car. They walked up the stairs. Minerva put her hand to her chest.

Good luck, she thought.

Vash and Meryl made it to the old wooden doors. They looked at each other. The couple gave a quick nod. Vash was the one to open the door. He and his partner froze. Rieko stood at the altar in a long frilly white dress. She appeared to be floating off the ground.

“Is there her? Is that our little girl?” Meryl asked. Vash pressed his lips together. Rieko lifted her head and smiled.

“Papa,” she said.

Bang!

To Be Continued…