Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Nine: Chap. Twenty-Six: Origin ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Origin

“Rieko!” Vash shouted. The girl floated wide-eyed. Crimson formed at her and around her mouth. But she didn't fall down. Her body just hung there. Vash and Meryl stood stunned. It happened out of nowhere. The couple turned around. A pale boy stood in the doorway. He smirked as he lowered his gun.

“Heh,” he said.

“What have you done?” Meryl asked. The boy tossed back his head.

“She is mine. I can do as I please,” he said. Rieko gasped as more blood spilled from her wound. Her parents ran to her.

“Rieko!” they shouted. Kuro sneered.

“No!” he snapped. The boy jerked his head back. Vash and Meryl were sent flying backward. They landed against the pews with a thud.

“Mine!” Kuro shouted. “She's mine! Mine!”

“Now, now,” another voice said. “Take it easy.” Everyone looked up to see Knives walking through the door.

“Knives!” Vash shouted. His brother put his hand on Kuro's shoulder. The boy turned around with a crazed look in his eyes.

“That's all,” Knives aid. “You're done here.” He reached into the boy's body. Kuro opened his mouth to gasp. His body broke down into dust. Knives drew back his hand. The dust blew away.

“How could you?!” Vash shouted.

“He served his purpose,” his brother said. He looked up at his twin.

“Now,” he said.

“What do you want?” Vash asked.

“What else?” Knives asked. “I want you.”

“D-Daddy…” a soft voice said. The men turned to Rieko floating in the air. Somehow, she was still alive. The front of her dress was red.

“Oh, you're still alive?” Knives asked.

“Uncle… please…” Rieko pleaded. The man shook his head.

“Just like your father,” he said. He aimed his arm at her.

“No!” Vash shouted. His brother eyed him. The good twin ran to his daughter.

“Please don't kill her!” Vash pleaded.

“Vash!” Meryl shouted. Knives was ready to attack again. Vash readied himself to fight back. Meryl ran to her daughter. It's Knives who makes the first move. He charged toward Meryl and Rieko.

“No!” Vash shouted. He ran to his family. Knives took aim and…

Everything froze. Vash looked around. What happened?

Vash! Vash! Vash!

The blond outlaw turned his head. There was no one in sight. But he wasn't alone.

“Papa.”

Vash turned to see Rieko standing behind him. She held her hand to her chest.

“Rieko? Rieko, are you all right? What happened? Where are we?” Vash asked. His daughter had a serious look on her face.

“Papa, listen. I have to tell you something,” she said.

Back to the Start