Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Grey ❯ Volume Nine: Chap. Twenty-Seven: Restart ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Restart

Vash stared at Rieko, confused.

“What?” he asked. The girl lifted her chin. Her eyes welled up with tears.

“You have to kill me!” she blurted out.

“What?!” Vash shouted. Tears ran down her cheeks.

“I'm not supposed to be here,” Rieko said.

“Rieko…” her dad said.

“No, listen!” she shouted. Rieko was trembling now.

“It's all just a mess now,” she said. The girl took a moment to think about what she wanted to say. A hand rested on her shoulder. Rieko turned to see Minerva standing over her.

“I will take it from here,” she said.

“Minerva?” Vash asked. “What are you doing here?”

“She is right,” the nurse said. “Rieko already died once.” The girl winced when she heard that.

“But that doesn't make any sense,” Vash said. “How can…” Then, it started to come back to him.

Meryl lost the baby. She actually lost the baby. He didn't remember how. There was an accident. Maybe?

“Yes, there was an accident,” Minerva said. “But then, she came back.”

“How?” Vash asked. Rieko looked up at the nurse.

“I am,” the girl said. Her father looked confused.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“Do you believe in reincarnation?” Rieko asked. Vash looked into her eyes. He could see a flash of Rem.

“But… But how is this even possible?” he asked.

“We don't know,” Minerva said. Rieko touched her father's cheek.

“I couldn't stand to see you sad anymore,” she said. His daughter sighed.

“But now this has to stop,” she said. Vash's eyes welled up with tears.

“W-What are you saying?” he asked. Rieko looked ready to cry.

“I'm so sorry, dad,” she said. Vash shook his head.

“I can't,” he said.

“You have no choice,” Minerva said. “Rieko is going to die. You will be stuck like this if you don't kill her!”

“I can't!” Vash shouted again. Tears dan down his cheeks. His daughter gently touched his face. She shook her head.

“Rieko?” he asked.

“It's okay,” she said with tears in her eyes. “I will see you again. I promise.” Vash looked up at Minerva.

“If she dies now everything will go back before found her,” she said. “Here.” She tossed a knife at him.

“Make it quick,” the nurse said. Vash caught the knife, wide-eyed. He looked down at his daughter.

“I love you, Papa,” Rieko said. Vash took a breath.

“I'm so sorry and I love you so much!” he said.

Stab!

Rieko gasped when the Knife went into her chest. The same place Kuro shot her. She didn't get time to speak. The girl tried to smile as one more tear rolled down her cheek.

Thank you.

A white light swallowed up everything in sight. Everyone disappeared into thin air.

----------

On May sixteenth, Meryl gave birth to a little girl. Nine pounds and twelve ounces. Perfectly healthy. Vash and Meryl looked down at her.

“She's beautiful,” Vash said.

“Yeah,” his partner said. They named her Rieko so they wouldn't forget.

The End