Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Painful Remembrance ❯ Waking up in Your Arms ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Yeah, I'm taking a lot of liberties here, so sue me! Actually, don't, since I have nothing and own nothing. Besides, this is AU! It was pointed out to me that Midvalley is a little too Uke-ish. There is a reason for this, which hopefully will be explained soon. Hopefully.

Why do I always begin my authors notes with 'yeah'?

It's short.

WARNINGS: Death, depression, yaoi (m/m), child abuse (EVIL *stabs*), non con.

PAIRINGS: Legato x Midvalley, Midvalley x Legato, OC x Legato (non con), probably others.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Trigun or any of the characters mentioned here. If I did, Midvalley would not be...wait, that's a spoiler.

~*~
Painful Remembrance

By Neko Malik (aka Berserker Farfarello)

Chapter 4 - Waking up in your arms

"Midvalley?" Huh? Wha..? "Wake up, Midvalley, it's time to wake up now." Oh, it's Legato. Feels early, too early to wake up yet. I wonder if he'll let me sleep for a few more minutes. Knowing Legato, probably not. "C'mon, wake up!" Ok, so knowing Legato definitely not.

"M'awake." I manage to mumble, though I don't know if it was coherent enough for him to understand or translate.

"Open your eyes for me, Middy, I want to see your eyes." Well, how can I refuse a request like that? Unfortunately for me, the curtains are wide open. Apparently it's later in the day than I had thought.

"Ow. Headache." I mumble, shutting my eyes quickly to stop the glare of the sun. My head is pounding like crazy and I feel hung over, or like I've slept for days, whichever comes first. "What happened?" I can feel his hand stroking the side of my face, a gentle caress.

"I'm sorry." Why is he apologising...oh, right, the dream. I guess he fixed my head because I've regained the use of my body. "I didn't mean to, honest, please don't be mad." ...the hell? I know Legato regresses sometimes, but I've never heard him speak like this before. I manage to open my eyes, slowly, squinting slightly. He looks so worried, so scared, like he expects me to lash out or something. I smile, reaching up to where his hand is caressing my face and still it with my own. I turn the hand slightly and kiss his palm. A shudder runs through his body; I didn't realise that his hands were so sensitive.

"I'm not mad at you, Legato." I'm in love with you, I add silently. I think he heard it, though, because his face lights up all of a sudden. He doesn't quite smile, but I can see the corners of his mouth twitch slightly and his eyes change shape, as they do when he's happy. He bends down to kiss me softly, and I use my grip on his hand to pull him down on top of me so that he is half lying on my chest. I'm still a little sore, but that's not enough to stop me from pulling him against me in a tight hug. He pulls his legs up onto the bed to lie beside me and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his head on my chest. I find my hands playing with his hair again; I just can't seem to keep them still when he's near me. The blue strands fascinate me, particularly as it's his natural colouring.

"Legato?" I ask, finally gathering the courage to ask one of the questions I've been dying to ask since I first found out about the nightmares.

"Hmm?" He sounds like he's dozing off, which wouldn't surprise me as he manages to do it every time we lie together like this.

"Why are you afraid?" He tenses in my grip, digging his long fingers into my back as though he is in pain. I instantly feel guilty for asking, but that doesn't override my curiosity. He doesn't answer.

"Legato?" He begins to shake, a sure sign he's trying not to cry. "Baby? Please talk to me." A small sob escapes his throat, as he is unable to suppress it any longer. I hold him, again, as he cries, knowing that this time I am the one who caused it. The fit doesn't last long, only a few minutes. "I'm sorry." I speak softly, trying to make my voice sound soothing; not something I find easy to do. "I shouldn't have asked. You don't have to tell me." He looks up at me; eyes still full of tears but under control now.

"Thank you." His voice is raw from crying but still unmistakably Legato. He is like a small child who has been beaten, unable to break away from his past, unable to move on.

I don't think that Knives helps much.

~*~

A/N: Very short. With no sex. More sex in a few chapters time.